Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2020, 06:00 PM
gg gg started this thread

26,137 posts, read 26,009,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
It’s looking like Pittsburgh may not survive this pandemic. They won’t get money because the city is small and likely under 300,000 people. It’s tragic for sure.

https://triblive.com/local/pittsburg...ring-pandemic/
Let's get real for a moment. Pittsburgh will survive this, but it is kind of funny for Peduto begging Trump, who he was against even after the mass shooting at "The Tree of Life", to the point of embarrassing our city, siding with that young moronic group that is clueless. Peduto gets what he deserves and our city and how we are acting during a pandemic should get about nothing from the federal level, IMHO. Seriously, we really look embarrassing, especially during time of morning during that mass shooting. Even Rabbi Myers wanted Trump to visit, yet he got death threats. Thanks far left!!!! Killing what we all stand for.

I would like to see Pittsburgh handle this without begging Trump, because that is what we wanted. We wanted to be bigger than the federal level. Pounding our chests like a bunch of morons. Yep.

We didn't have to side with Trump, or even vote for Trump, but how we have been acting should have consequences. I hope we get what we deserve. It would be a learning lesson and it is MORE than needed. Trump will probably bail us out and we will be loving it, but he shouldn't. Sometimes pain is the best lesson.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2020, 07:14 PM

6,358 posts, read 5,062,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
....Even Rabbi Myers wanted Trump to visit, yet he got death threats. Thanks far left!!!! .

did that really happen? is that a true, verified statement.

(i'm hoping not.)

Old 07-28-2020, 07:38 PM

3,829 posts, read 1,689,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Let's get real for a moment. Pittsburgh will survive this, but it is kind of funny for Peduto begging Trump, who he was against even after the mass shooting at "The Tree of Life", to the point of embarrassing our city, siding with that young moronic group that is clueless. Peduto gets what he deserves and our city and how we are acting during a pandemic should get about nothing from the federal level, IMHO. Seriously, we really look embarrassing, especially during time of morning during that mass shooting. Even Rabbi Myers wanted Trump to visit, yet he got death threats. Thanks far left!!!! Killing what we all stand for.

I would like to see Pittsburgh handle this without begging Trump, because that is what we wanted. We wanted to be bigger than the federal level. Pounding our chests like a bunch of morons. Yep.

We didn't have to side with Trump, or even vote for Trump, but how we have been acting should have consequences. I hope we get what we deserve. It would be a learning lesson and it is MORE than needed. Trump will probably bail us out and we will be loving it, but he shouldn't. Sometimes pain is the best lesson.
Well anything is possible. I really think the people that hoped for demise of Trump are hurting the most (inner cities and urban cores). Pittsburgh will be around, but with a lot more vacant buildings, less businesses and less people. This city won’t see a dime from the feds. It is a very small city in relation to 60 or more others that are larger. Some cities may get money. But again those that prayed for rain got it and now they are living life in the mud afterwards. I’d rather have 4 more years of Trump than totally destroy this city and the economy. If it goes on this will cause lasting damage for years and likely decades. Some of us may not see Pittsburgh good like it was in the 2010s again in our lives.

This is all a steep price to pay for a pandemic that is more like the H3N2 pandemic from September in 1968 and faded the next year in December of 1969. Nobody remembered it because we didn’t shut down. And a little more than 100,000 people died (4 times that of the flu) mostly age 65 and older in the US. Over a million people died as a result of that pandemic worldwide. Instead the media spins this like the Spanish Flu of 1918 killing millions.

The media has spun this like it is the pandemic of 1918, but in reality the numbers align with 1968 pandemic. Never let a good crisis go to waste as Rahm Emmanuel stated. Our government leadership is poor. The mental midgets in this country panicked and the extreme left initially celebrated, now it is really hitting everyone hard as well as their precious institutions they thought were Teflon. It’s really tragic and hard to believe this is the same country that made it through 911 19 years ago.

Old 07-28-2020, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
did that really happen? is that a true, verified statement.

(i'm hoping not.)
Yes.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ins...gh-48036%3famp

I heard him say it on live news.

Old 07-28-2020, 07:39 PM

Just the left being the left really.

Old 07-29-2020, 08:30 AM

994 posts, read 503,068 times
Quote:
The balance my change, but there will still be a need for office space
It will vary by industry and company size impacts the ability to be more nimble.

Old 07-29-2020, 10:39 AM

3,829 posts, read 1,689,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_P View Post
It will vary by industry and company size impacts the ability to be more nimble.
City council just passed a bill to kill future growth in this city.

Old 07-29-2020, 01:14 PM

994 posts, read 503,068 times
Your bad take isn't relevant to my comment.

Besides, no bill can kill the city, because according to you, it's already dead.

Old 07-29-2020, 06:23 PM

32,620 posts, read 77,674,126 times
I was just in Weirton the other day. It was hoppin’! I hear they’re getting a Whole Foods and a Saks Fifth Avenue soon!

Old 07-29-2020, 07:02 PM

12,526 posts, read 17,562,923 times
There ain't no Winky's in Wilmerding, and sure as hell ain't no Saks in Weirton!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh