Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2020, 08:56 PM
gg

26,134 posts, read 26,254,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zip95 View Post
I still wouldn’t call this a trend... yet. If tomorrow is 50+ I’d say the data is consistent with a slight increase over the last few days, although without normalizing to the number of daily tests it’s hard to draw conclusions.

As others mentioned, number of deaths is a good metric since it’s agnostic to testing prevalence, but unfortunately it’s not that helpful since it can’t tell us about the future.
The numbers are great. We can easily handle numbers like the ones reported. Keep in mind there will be people coming out the other end immune. Great stuff!

When we get a test going for antibodies, we will have a lot more people immune.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2020, 01:10 AM

3,297 posts, read 2,818,093 times
well as of today about 7500 deaths. way less than regular flu.. even adjusted for season. so whats going on here?

Old 04-04-2020, 01:18 AM

41,035 posts, read 18,523,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Buster View Post
well as of today about 7500 deaths. way less than regular flu.. even adjusted for season. so whats going on here?
It’s a numbers game. Last I saw it was 98.5% survival rate. If you do everything you’re the bad guy and if you do nothing you’re the bad guy.

Big picture is finding out exactly how it occurred and keeping it from happening again. I know where my money would be wagered, but good like proving it.

Old 04-04-2020, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
It’s a numbers game. Last I saw it was 98.5% survival rate. If you do everything you’re the bad guy and if you do nothing you’re the bad guy.

Big picture is finding out exactly how it occurred and keeping it from happening again. I know where my money would be wagered, but good like proving it.
yes but you missed the point about way less than regular flu ok its not a good situation, but why do we need to shut the whole world down? herd immunitiny probably much better, if you comsider econommics

Old 04-04-2020, 01:34 AM

Quote:
yes but you missed the point about way less than regular flu ok its not a good situation, but why do we need to shut the whole world down? herd immunitiny probably much better, if you comsider econommics
I didn’t miss anything. I’m well aware of the flu numbers and I’ve said from the beginning this is a flu.

You missed the point of if you don’t shut everything down you’re the bad guy and if you do shut everything down you’re the bad guy. This is a pandemic, but more importantly, it’s a media driven fear mongering pandemic. So many people are in a panic it’s truly amazing and at this point most every politician is shutting down as much as possible and they have no choice.

The solution, after this is over, is to keep it from happening again.

Old 04-04-2020, 01:50 AM

Quote:
I didn’t miss anything. I’m well aware of the flu numbers and I’ve said from the beginning this is a flu.

You missed the point of if you don’t shut everything down you’re the bad guy and if you do shut everything down you’re the bad guy. This is a pandemic, but more importantly, it’s a media driven fear mongering pandemic. So many people are in a panic it’s truly amazing and at this point most every politician is shutting down as much as possible and they have no choice.

The solution, after this is over, is to keep it from happening again.

In two weeks theyre going to figure out how stupid they are. but the will blame the deaths anyway on whoever they can. Its absurd -- regular flu will kill more and nobody will say a word about it

Old 04-04-2020, 01:59 AM

Quote:
In two weeks theyre going to figure out how stupid they are. but the will blame the deaths anyway on whoever they can. Its absurd -- regular flu will kill more and nobody will say a word about it
Preaching to the choir. The media has done it’s damage.

Old 04-04-2020, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Preaching to the choir. The media has done it’s damage.
Yeah I know

Old 04-04-2020, 04:49 AM

2,860 posts, read 1,932,015 times
Quote:
This is a pandemic, but more importantly, it’s a media driven fear mongering pandemic. So many people are in a panic it’s truly amazing and at this point most every politician is shutting down as much as possible and they have no choice.
Quote:
Agreed.

Old 04-04-2020, 04:54 AM

3,829 posts, read 1,720,449 times
Quote:
I think this virus is bad, but I also think it is being overblown on purpose. It is a distraction from other things going on in the world like Russia and the Saudi’s fighting over oil. It gives a chance for world powers and US leaders to make their moves and realign power and money, etc. I assure you there are a lot of people making money off of this. Republican and Democratic senators are in on it too because they made financial moves to benefit them before the crash. I am sure it doesn’t stop with them either.

I think with brexit and trump wanting to redo trade deals are the reason for this timing. It was a good time for a world crisis and knock everything down a few pegs, while powers and money realign globally and domestically. Let the American people feel the pain that they vote out the guy who wants to redo global trade deals and upended who and where money has constantly gone for a few decades.

We are just a pawn in this game. The media has run with it and done a great job of fueling panic and chaos. When it is all said and done this virus will be less destructive than the flu according to numbers. All the while the US and global economy tanks. Those with money buy more as a power grab. There are many people from both US parties in on this too. Don’t be fooled.

I don’t like Trump at all, but I do think this is a move to get him out of office. It is a global move and not just domestic. He is part of the equation but there are other factors and agendas at play as well. Lots of money and power shifting with a global crisis

Last edited by Independentthinking83; 04-04-2020 at 05:14 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh