Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 11:34 AM

2,994 posts, read 5,779,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
Just as the captive can fall in love with the captor, the human consciousness can fall in love with an idea, a way of life; we can become obsessed with doctrines and beliefs and unbeliefs. They become our captors and we fall for them. Then some of us actually go out and help our captor, capture other people. Now your captor could be " An understanding which you have fallen for." It could be a traditional understanding passed down to you through your family." In that there is a great " Obligation to continue the tradition."

That tradition could be Atheism, Christianity, Islam, it could be a tradition of dominant abuse of the females in the family; it could be predujice. It could be political or educational. It could be your parents wanting you to be a policeman. It could be sexual preference or a tradition of stealing and cheating. It could be anything that is passed down to you that appears as normal family behavior and beliefs. And you will feel obligated to it.

Family tradition is a tough thing to withdraw from, its reprograming could actually hurt members of your family who wish to remain captive and bound. But if you no longer want to be bound, then you may have to seperate yourself from your family " For a while", until your withdrawal is complette.

Once you have reprogramed yourself and got something out of your system, then being exposed to it again, should not phase you that much, IF you are determined to no longer be bound.
What i hear you saying, is, we all surrender to something / someone in our lives . Would this be correct ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2011, 11:58 AM

5,298 posts, read 4,596,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
What i hear you saying, is, we all surrender to something / someone in our lives . Would this be correct ?

Well in certain situations, yes thats true. Yet a person can be nuetral in their lives in religion, like Agnostics; or a person can be single, and not interested in being with anyone, so they donot have to surrender in a no romance situation. If the husband wants no children, and the wife does, someone has to surrender. If your going to deal with God, your going to have to surrender - God always gets his way. If you get in politics; good luck, your going to need it, who knows who surrenders to what in politics.

So submission is a static thing; but in reprograming yourself , the main focus is not surrendering, its breaking free. And the methods you enlist in doing that. In example; some people are better at withdrawing " All by themselves", not wanting to bother others with their problems. Conversely, others cannot withdraw without the help of others. Usually when you need others help, there is an amount of submission to them which will be involved.

Old 09-11-2011, 12:44 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,779,805 times
Quote:
Well in certain situations, yes thats true. Yet a person can be nuetral in their lives in religion, like Agnostics; or a person can be single, and not interested in being with anyone, so they donot have to surrender in a no romance situation. If the husband wants no children, and the wife does, someone has to surrender. If your going to deal with God, your going to have to surrender - God always gets his way. If you get in politics; good luck, your going to need it, who knows who surrenders to what in politics.

So submission is a static thing; but in reprograming yourself , the main focus is not surrendering, its breaking free. And the methods you enlist in doing that. In example; some people are better at withdrawing " All by themselves", not wanting to bother others with their problems. Conversely, others cannot withdraw without the help of others. Usually when you need others help, there is an amount of submission to them which will be involved.
What do you think about the huge amount of people who got deprogrammed and broke free from atheistic Secular Humanism and the lifestyle philosophies of our present Culture, in favor of a dynamic personal relationship with the Creator of our Universe ?

Old 09-11-2011, 12:59 PM

Quote:
What do you think about the huge amount of people who got deprogrammed and broke free from atheistic Secular Humanism and the lifestyle philosophies of our present Culture, in favor of a dynamic personal relationship with the Creator of our Universe ?

Well I thought that Atheism, and Secular Humanist were two seperate entities. This is the first time I have seen them combined, although they are very simular. But I have known many people who have deprogramed from Atheism; which I think is fine; yet my concern was where did they go from there? Did they jump into a religion, and if so which one? Because I consider many religions as far worse than Atheism.

Which brings up a vital aspect of reprograming; Where do you go from there?

Now if these people you refered to actually got into a real relationship with the Creator of the Universe, then I would say that it was that creator who helped them to do it.

Old 09-11-2011, 01:56 PM

Just what do you do and where do you go after deprograming? Do you leave Atheism and go to 7th day Adventist? Do you leave the Klan and go to Christianity? Do you leave one romance and jump into another? Do you stop stealing and start check frauding? Do you leave sexual abuse and start overeating abuse? Do you stop gambling by chewing tabaco?

You NEVER deprogram by beginning another bondage. If you do, your just moving your habitual ways from one mannerism to another. I think there is only one exception to this, which even has its risk; I think its a good thing to get over a bad romance, by entering into a good one; IF its a good one.

People are bouncing in and out of religions like transfering from bus to bus. Jumping in and out of relationships so fast, that they find themselves with two people for awhile, until they " Get rid of the other." You walk away from belief in a God, for all kinds of reasons, to belief in nothing. You stop hating one thing, only to transfer that anger to another.

So there is a missing dimension in deprograming which makes it complette; when you withdraw, settle down into knowing yourself, understanding why you did what you did, before you do anythingelse.

Old 09-11-2011, 03:27 PM

33,572 posts, read 37,188,083 times
Quote:
Please explain to me how someone who does not believe in god is programmed....It doesn't work that way, it is the religious who are programmed, indoctrinated, brainwashed, or what ever you want to call it. It take no programming to be an atheist, just reason and logic.

Old 09-11-2011, 03:49 PM

2,468 posts, read 3,135,051 times
Quote:
...You NEVER deprogram by beginning another bondage. If you do, your just moving your habitual ways from one mannerism to another...

So there is a missing dimension in deprograming which makes it complette; when you withdraw, settle down into knowing yourself, understanding why you did what you did, before you do anythingelse.

My grandma was an alcoholic, my mom was a food aholic, I've tended toward being a forumholic, lol.
I don't know how people labeled alcoholism an inherited disease... it's not alcohol, but the desire (or misprogramming) to self-sooth in inappropriate ways. A little alcohol, food, or forums is fine - but when it starts messing with & limiting your life - it's become an addiction. And as you mentioned, the only way to cure an addiction is to explore the source of pain, which lead one to need to self-sooth.

Old 09-11-2011, 03:50 PM

2,468 posts, read 3,135,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Please explain to me how someone who does not believe in god is programmed....It doesn't work that way, it is the religious who are programmed, indoctrinated, brainwashed, or what ever you want to call it. It take no programming to be an atheist, just reason and logic.
lol That reminds me of "Everybody's gone crazy except me!"
Sanspeur, you're so programmed you don't realize it!
But, so am I, I admit it!!
Realizing it is half the battle.

Someone who does not believe in god is programmed by accepting the programmed definition of God, & basing their beliefs on the denial of someone else's definition.

IMO, Everyone (whether they admit it or not) actively believes in & pursues God.
God, to me, is the ultimate best of all possibilities, found through knowing all.
Since we don't know all, nor the ultimate best - we striving for what we think is best, through trial & error.
Logic AND intuition get us further than either alone. Ask anyone who's accomplished anything extraordinary.

Old 09-11-2011, 04:02 PM

33,572 posts, read 37,188,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
lol That reminds me of "Everybody's gone crazy except me!"
Sanspeur, you're so programmed you don't realize it!
But, so am I, I admit it!!
Realizing it is half the battle.

Someone who does not believe in god is programmed by accepting the programmed definition of God, & basing their beliefs on the denial of someone else's definition.

IMO, Everyone (whether they admit it or not) actively believes in & pursues God.
God, to me, is the ultimate best of all possibilities, found through knowing all.
Since we don't know all, nor the ultimate best - we striving for what we think is best, through trial & error.
Logic AND intuition get us further than either alone. Ask anyone who's accomplished anything extraordinary.
I'm glad you expressed it as your opinion, fortunately our opinions are poles apart. I spent twenty years deprogramming from god belief, and now you are telling me that that is programming as well...I'm sure glad my mind does not work as your does.

What are you programmed to not believe?

Old 09-11-2011, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post

My grandma was an alcoholic, my mom was a food aholic, I've tended toward being a forumholic, lol.
I don't know how people labeled alcoholism an inherited disease... it's not alcohol, but the desire (or misprogramming) to self-sooth in inappropriate ways. A little alcohol, food, or forums is fine - but when it starts messing with & limiting your life - it's become an addiction. And as you mentioned, the only way to cure an addiction is to explore the source of pain, which lead one to need to self-sooth.

Well yes, exploring the source of pain is defintely a way of deprograming. Strangely, even " Joy" can be an addiction, if one receives it from a bottle or a drug in abuse. Their going after that induced joy; This is one reason why so many men, loose their women. The womans love for him is actually a joy at first, she is happy with him. But then, rather than nuture her love and do the things to help it grow, men often take it for granted and do not value it enough to pay attention to it every single day. Neglected unreturned love is a sure way to drive a woman away from you without even trying to.

I noticed one poster state that Atheism is not being programed; as if Atheism is excluded from the list of things people can abuse. And this can be a problem with Christianity and Atheism; this " Nothing can be wrong with us thinking"; were right, were right, and everyonelse is wrong. The abuse of knowledge exist in every area of human life, none is excluded, none are exclusive, anything can be abused; anything can reach extremeism.

People will abuse animals, furniture, even themselves! So we not only have to explore our source of pain, but also our source of knowledge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy