Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 10:19 AM

5,298 posts, read 4,596,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
You first realize that the practice of religion doesnt and cant bring ultimate fulfillment in your life because it is all based on legalistic constructs ; no amount of trying, doing, partaking in, and pulling up on your own bootstraps will ever be enough to earn a good standing with your Creator . Then you acknowledge that it is your Creators plan (and not Mans religiousity ) that is given to you for a real dynamic personal relationship with him that is centered around the reconciliation between yourself as a Sinner and God as very holy and good . Finally, you realize that it was God himself that reached out his hand to you by sending Jesus Christ the Son of God to become a human being , live the perfect sinless life that you and I are unable to..making him a perfect sacrifice on the cross for payment of all your sins against God himself as well as your fellow man. It is Gods plan for your life that you need and not going thru the mechanical motions of practicing religion . Conclusively, when you recieve the finished work of Christ on the cross for you sins, you are saying that you want to abide in Gods plan for your life thereby making HIM the one in authority of your life...and then walking in the power of God daily thruout life. This is the beginning of an adventure that is truly heart changing and you start to look at thing, the world, people, etc... differently as you personally walk with God in your life. You realize that its not just a religious experience, but a very real ongoing relationship that you experience day in and day out culminating in spending eternity with the Maker of your Soul which encompasses joys not yet known.

That is the difference between religious practicing , and what God wants for you. Its an act of your Will , and if you are willing, you will experience your ultimate purpose in life . Without it, there will always be that void in your heart and life that nothing else can fill. I made that decision some 25 years ago and have never regretted it. You are free to PM me if you like. Regards.

I think this is one example of what to do in the " Withdrawal from sin." Very well writen. The withdrawal from sin is a very trying experience, and challanging. One which every believer in God must face. When it is God who changes the heart, that is the help which is utterly complette in pulling you through " The change of Withdrawl"; and reprograming the consciousness from a mind that was born in sin.

This is defintely a way of withdrawal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2011, 10:32 AM

In the battle to free your Consciousness, the goal is to " No longer be bound." It is said that some captors eventually begin to symphsize with their captor, the slave begins to love the master. And this dynamic is important in reprograming; are you in love with what binds you? And when you are, so much feeling invested, its more difficult to see the need to break out and be free.

Have you ever told someone who is in love, to not love that other person they are infactuaited with? They often look back at you and say; " I just can't help myself!" They are bound, and reprograming will be difficult and painful, even if they want to break loose.

So withdrawal is unique, reguardless of what you are reprograming from. Be it religion, Atheism, romance, drugs, alcohol, habits; the common denomenator is the desire to change; and the battle which will ensue for your consciousness. So what do you do to help fight this force? And what IS the force?

Old 09-10-2011, 10:57 AM

2,994 posts, read 5,779,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
The existence of a deity is unknown and unknowable.
And thus, unecesssary ? If there were scientifically verifiable and measurable designs to our cosmos for the distinct purpose of Earth being here for us to live on, would that be more applicable to Natural non-intelligent Causes ?

Old 09-10-2011, 11:01 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,332,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
And thus, unecesssary ? If there were scientifically verifiable and measurable designs to our cosmos for the distinct purpose of Earth being here for us to live on, would that be more applicable to Natural non-intelligent Causes ?
As to your first question, I have a question: 'Unnecessary' to what? Understanding the nature of existence? Being a good person?? As to the second, I don't think I understand it. When we speak of 'scientifically measureable' phenomena we must remain aware that we measure things with tools of our own making and hence are fallible. When you use the word 'design' it seems to me that you're implying a designer. That strikes me as circular logic.

Old 09-10-2011, 11:27 AM

Quote:
As to your first question, I have a question: 'Unnecessary' to what? Understanding the nature of existence? Being a good person?? As to the second, I don't think I understand it. When we speak of 'scientifically measureable' phenomena we must remain aware that we measure things with tools of our own making and hence are fallible. When you use the word 'design' it seems to me that you're implying a designer. That strikes me as circular logic.

Are you suggesting that science does not use cirular logic?

Old 09-10-2011, 11:34 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,332,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
Are you suggesting that science does not use cirular logic?
I'd say that it definitely does not. The Scientific Method is scrupulously deductive, dispassionate, and it must produce predictable and reproducible results -but it is still limited.

Old 09-10-2011, 11:56 AM

Quote:
I'd say that it definitely does not. The Scientific Method is scrupulously deductive, dispassionate, and it must produce predictable and reproducible results -but it is still limited.

Well all things are limited, but I disagree that science will not emplore circular logic, I think it does when it does. Science can give indirect conclusions, and those conclusions are quite often the point where they began. I am not against science, I have even stated that I don't think its somerthing we need to withdraw from. Science is to mans advantage, we need it to continue; its too vauable to " Go against it."

The arguement ensues when science decides to evaluate " Religion", or deitys. Thats when the Red Herring begins to swim, up or downstream.

For example; I am interested in what methods people employ in reprogramming their consciousness when they are withdrawing from things. That is an effort to here directly from people, but what if a poster wants to evaluate the science of it? Is the science of it then greater than the direct experience of the people?

Old 09-10-2011, 01:24 PM

You know I am making a conscious effort to post on other threads much more, like " Getting out of yourself and only living in your own threads." A definte tendency of mine that I am trying to deprogram. I am often frustrated by the views of others, but what is greater is to talk with others who are not of your views. Which is a definte part of my withdrawal.

Old 09-10-2011, 01:53 PM

591 posts, read 642,400 times
Quote:
Well all things are limited, but I disagree that science will not emplore circular logic, I think it does when it does. Science can give indirect conclusions, and those conclusions are quite often the point where they began. I am not against science, I have even stated that I don't think its somerthing we need to withdraw from. Science is to mans advantage, we need it to continue; its too vauable to " Go against it."

The arguement ensues when science decides to evaluate " Religion", or deitys. Thats when the Red Herring begins to swim, up or downstream.

For example; I am interested in what methods people employ in reprogramming their consciousness when they are withdrawing from things. That is an effort to here directly from people, but what if a poster wants to evaluate the science of it? Is the science of it then greater than the direct experience of the people?

The Tebetan Book Of THe Deader would create a deity, or a set of deities that represents/outlines the specific in-between, or the withdrawl period, based on your karma, that you would have to face. It would instruct you on how to pray, how to seek out compassion, and refuge when the in-between becomes unbearable. The phylosophy of the eternal soul works with Christians as well. They absorb the deity of Christ, and they have him as a source of compassion and guidance through any spiritual rebirth/transformation.

Old 09-10-2011, 02:09 PM

2,468 posts, read 3,135,051 times
Quote:
In the battle to free your Consciousness, the goal is to " No longer be bound." It is said that some captors eventually begin to symphsize with their captor, the slave begins to love the master. And this dynamic is important in reprograming; are you in love with what binds you? And when you are, so much feeling invested, its more difficult to see the need to break out and be free.

Have you ever told someone who is in love, to not love that other person they are infactuaited with? They often look back at you and say; " I just can't help myself!" They are bound, and reprograming will be difficult and painful, even if they want to break loose.

So withdrawal is unique, reguardless of what you are reprograming from. Be it religion, Atheism, romance, drugs, alcohol, habits; the common denomenator is the desire to change; and the battle which will ensue for your consciousness. So what do you do to help fight this force? And what IS the force?

There is safety in familiarity - even if it's making our lives like hell.
Also, it takes enormous effort to change deeply entrenched habits... We have to have such a passionate drive, to be able to override the well-worn, familiar path.

I've loved a guy many told me not to love... & others did things to keep me from him. They knew he wasn't good for me - & he proved to be incapable of being loyal in each of his marriages. Deep down, I knew he wasn't good for me, yet, I still loved him - not really love, but was infatuated with the good parts of him, & loved how he seemed to make me feel. Now, I realize nobody makes us feel anything. They may water the seed within us, but that seed has to be there first. It's within - our interpretation, & related feelings.

Mickiel, you ask some good questions, that I'm still wondering. What is it that gives me a strong desire to change... to fight against the status quo opposition? It's different for each person.
Today I ran my 1st 5k... & I was thinking of what would motivate me, when I felt like giving up... & I thought of my friend who's parapalegic, but in excellent shape - he makes the most of what he has. I should do that too!
So, people can be inspiring, so can dreams... ambitions - keep dreaming & keep striving for them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy