Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 12:58 AM

33,571 posts, read 37,194,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
I totally disagree with this. In 100 years, Atheist will be lucky to be 1/32 of our generation. Oh the number of Atheist is growing, but the number was so small, its not yet even worth measuring.

And I was programed by God, it was he who manipulated my life away from my familys religion. And then EVERY other religion I even tried to get in, he turned me away from that. I didnot come to believe in him on my own, he gave me belief. And nobody but him has fed my consciousness since. He won't even allow me to learn any other way.

And you know what; I don't want to learn anyother way. I don't want or need anything to be between me and how God is teaching me.
So then you think that god speaks to you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2011, 02:29 AM

5,298 posts, read 4,598,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
So then you think that god speaks to you?

No I don't, God does not speak to me, nor have I ever in my life made such a claim.

Old 09-14-2011, 04:52 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,243,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
Thanks for proving my point, Oldcold.
You are programed to believe ANY definition of God is wrong.
I'll let YOU think about that.
There you go again and even taking it one step further.
With absolutely not one whit of knowledge, telling me, not only what I think, but why.
In actuality, I was 'programmed' to believe in God and thought I did and tried hard to for many years.
Unless, of course, you agree with Mikiel that everybody is what they are because that's the way god planned it.
In that case, why even think about why you do anything whatsoever?
Just do whatever comes to you and let god change it if and when his "plan" calls for it.

Old 09-14-2011, 08:39 AM

2,994 posts, read 5,780,699 times
Quote:
This I disagree with, in my view, God cannot be reduced to veto by a human. When God opens a human, nothing in that human can reject him. When people reject God, its ONLY because he never opened them in the first place. Freewill is a limited illusion in my view, it only exist until God excerts his will into the picture; then all things change, there is no longer a choice, there is only his will.
I disagree with this based on what the Bible says ; God in his love for us, gave us the capacity for freewill choice...whether to freely return his love for us , or, to deny it and stay seperated from him. Scripture says that it is NOT Gods will that ANY should perish but come to repentence., therefore, he didnt select only a few to be saved but gave everyone the same opportunity to respond to him. God didnt make us robotic to where we are coersed into loving him , for, he doesnt work that way ; God offers everyone who is a creation in his very image , the chance for moving closer to him or further away -- he used the personal physical Creation(which all can witness), the Bible which can be shown to be supernaturally inspired by him, and Jesus Christ coming to earth taking on human form to be a free sacrifice for our sins , commonly called The Gospel that saves a person.

Freewill cant be a limited illusion, as it is also a love gift our Parents gave us by birthing us ; it is/was their sincere hope that we as children would freely return their love back to them as a freewill act . It isnt love if we have no choice in the matter , yet we do as evidenced by many people who distance themselves from their Parents as they grow older or who choose to remain in a loving, honoring, faithful state of mind.

Like any other kind of free gift given to us, we have the choice of recieving it or saying 'no thanks' .

Old 09-14-2011, 08:55 AM

Quote:
No I don't, God does not speak to me, nor have I ever in my life made such a claim.
But, you said that you were programmed by God. If he didn't speak to you how was this accomplished?

Old 09-14-2011, 09:17 AM

31,111 posts, read 22,155,492 times
Quote:
But, you said that you were programmed by God. If he didn't speak to you how was this accomplished?
Your trying to make sense of something that is faith based. Faith doesn't require proof.

Old 09-14-2011, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Your trying to make sense of something that is faith based. Faith doesn't require proof.
I'm not trying to make sense of anything, but he made the statement, and I am curious about how he will answer...I'm trying to get him to realize that everything he knows about god came from others, not from god.

Old 09-14-2011, 09:26 AM

5,421 posts, read 6,511,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Which is the way I've sort of come to terms with Mickiel. He seems like a good guy with a compassionate religion that he firmly believes in.

But there is no reason to try to have a rationally debate with him about his positions, because they are almost wholely without rational support. In fact, he doesn't really look for rational support for his arguments, since the arguments are entirely faith based. No matter how sound your logic, it won't pierce his faith because a logical arguement is irrelevent to where he is coming from.

He seems like a good guy that is expressing his opinion, irrespective of it's logical merit.

Old 09-14-2011, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
Which is the way I've sort of come to terms with Mickiel. He seems like a good guy with a compassionate religion that he firmly believes in.

But there is no reason to try to have a rationally debate with him about his positions, because they are almost wholely without rational support. In fact, he doesn't really look for rational support for his arguments, since the arguments are entirely faith based. No matter how sound your logic, it won't pierce his faith because a logical arguement is irrelevent to where he is coming from.

He seems like a good guy that is expressing his opinion, irrespective of it's logical merit.

Well thank you. And by the way, I am not religious, and I do not believe in religion. And I have no Faith, my views are based on facts.

Old 09-14-2011, 11:17 AM

Quote:

Very simply; through my consciousness. Nothing verbal, no sounds, no vocies, no dreams, no hokey pokey; simple communication downloaded into your consciousness. The knowledge and understanding which was not there before, is simply now there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Philosophy