Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2022, 03:43 PM

1,170 posts, read 599,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPK21 View Post
[/b]

Did you read last week's Inquirer article, the one posted upthread? you know, the one written by woke white guardians? lol.

What have we learned from the media in its digging into this fire? Any criminal or civil violations on PHA's part? Sorry but the smoke detector issue has been resolved; 7 there, 6 disabled, only basement one worked.

The ''malicious'' idea came from another poster who said he/she/they believe people assumed initially that this fire was ''malicious'' based on it being in Fairmount because it's Fairmount i guess?

What is the media reporting on who the only adult survivor from the 2-3rd floor is? You know the boyfriend at this home, who happened to randomly be there...lol. Why isn't the media and activists going after the ''unauthorized'' occupants? How did the boyfriend make it out alone, even the kid who started the fire was rescued by 1st floor folks. There were 20 people in the apartment in issue; who were the additional 6 people? Where's the media on this issue?

After all, as you state, our tax $$ is being used to house boyfriends etc on our dime. The surviving boyfriend needs to be looked at for civil or criminal charges.

PHA is a mess, like every gov't office in this cash-pit city...but PHA is not at fault here, sorry.

What other issues need to be addressed by the media about this?

You asserted that the focus on this story was about only because of woke white liberals. Why? You still haven't shown any evidence that was their motive, other that some white died in a fire at the same time and didn't get the same amount of coverage. These ulterior motives exist in your head, not it reality.

Peace

Old 01-25-2022, 05:38 PM

1,036 posts, read 453,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrychen View Post
I think I saw on the Action News news scroll that he was targeted.
Imagine that and imagine the side show story that he's home from college.

Old 01-25-2022, 05:42 PM

1,036 posts, read 453,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweb66 View Post
You asserted that the focus on this story was about only because of woke white liberals. Why? You still haven't shown any evidence that was their motive, other that some white died in a fire at the same time and didn't get the same amount of coverage. These ulterior motives exist in your head, not it reality.

Peace
i think i'm reading your post correctly...but actually you're changing discussion as needed...now it's about white people not getting coverage? huh? makes no sense

Who's the only survivor boyfriend living off our tax dime? You think heightened scrutiny is needed when tax $$ is at work.

I'm sure the woke white journalists will dig into that topic lol...they would never say black folks are at fault for anything...patronizing racism.

Peace

Last edited by MPK21; 01-25-2022 at 06:15 PM..

Old 01-25-2022, 10:17 PM

1,170 posts, read 599,030 times
I have not changed the discussion, you brought up the Qtown fire (all whites) not me, and claimed the media was covering the Fairmount fire (all black) more because of "woke white liberals". I explained in detail a recent occurrence in the UK that showed why there is greater scrutiny when it involves government owned housing and why more coverage is warranted (not to mention it was far deadlier, a detail you've of course ignored) . Your response has been, well, I don't think you've had a rebuttal at all, other than an ulterior motive theory makes sense in your head. Congrats?

Move on, I think we are done entertaining your conspiracy theories about the media's agenda. You are free to show some basis on your theory, but you haven't, because you can't.

Old 01-26-2022, 05:01 AM

979 posts, read 421,983 times
I'm not sure if it applies to the stories about the deadly fires, but the MSM IS run by "woke white liberals" who have an agenda to protect certain demographics. It's been obvious for decades. Now they don't even try to hide it.

Old 01-26-2022, 07:51 AM

9,413 posts, read 9,403,912 times
Back on topic with a real question...

First, yet another disturbing instance of crime and lack of regard for law enforcement.

Philadelphia officer dragged 5 blocks by SUV after questioning driver about gun: Police

https://6abc.com/philadelphia-police...enue/11509606/

This driver was pulled over for: "Police say a Nissan Murano being driven by a 25-year-old man had an expired temporary tag and its brake lights were out."

And police noticed a gun, which turned out to be stolen...

My question: Once that driver equity bill takes effect (or whatever it's called), does that mean police would not have the authority to stop this criminal for expired tags or broken brake lights? And is this part of Krasners reform?

Old 01-26-2022, 09:45 AM

475 posts, read 277,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
Back on topic with a real question...

First, yet another disturbing instance of crime and lack of regard for law enforcement.

Philadelphia officer dragged 5 blocks by SUV after questioning driver about gun: Police

https://6abc.com/philadelphia-police...enue/11509606/

This driver was pulled over for: "Police say a Nissan Murano being driven by a 25-year-old man had an expired temporary tag and its brake lights were out."

And police noticed a gun, which turned out to be stolen...

My question: Once that driver equity bill takes effect (or whatever it's called), does that mean police would not have the authority to stop this criminal for expired tags or broken brake lights? And is this part of Krasners reform?
At least they made the arrest!

And I had the same thought regarding the reason he was pulled over. Imagine something like this happening in a few months and the whole thing getting dismissed because they "shouldn't" have been pulled over.

Yes - this is part of Krasner's reform. I guess he isn't aware how many weapons, drugs, wanted people, etc. are found as a result of traffic stops - or he doesn't care.

Old 01-26-2022, 10:21 AM

1,705 posts, read 983,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesJay64 View Post

And I had the same thought regarding the reason he was pulled over. Imagine something like this happening in a few months and the whole thing getting dismissed because they "shouldn't" have been pulled over.

Yes - this is part of Krasner's reform. I guess he isn't aware how many weapons, drugs, wanted people, etc. are found as a result of traffic stops - or he doesn't care.
First thing I thought of too.

Old 01-26-2022, 10:24 AM

14,314 posts, read 9,193,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesJay64 View Post

IOW, we're throwing "broken window theory" out the window.

And this wasn't something Krasner crusaded for, though I'm certain he didn't oppose it — City Council voted to enact this ban on minor traffic stops, IIRC.

"Broken window" policing snared disproportionately more Blacks than whites, true. But the theory did work, and still does.

Old 01-26-2022, 10:29 AM

9,413 posts, read 9,403,912 times
I am itching to post this article and pose the discussion in the Philadelphia Urban Planning, Policy and Design FB group, but not sure if I am ready to deal with the reactions and name calling today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia