Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2010, 12:06 AM

3 posts, read 6,577 times

Advertisements

Harrisburg is nice I lived there for a few year while in school, bar tended at the coyote hardware bar too, now that was an experience!

[url=http://www.downtownafterdark.com/hardwarebar.php?city=hbg]Downtown After Dark - Hardware Bar[/url]

I was there when they got the desist letter from the real Coyote Ugly bars, but by then everyone knew it as the coyote hardware bar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2010, 11:16 AM

142 posts, read 224,512 times
1. Pittsburgh
2. Philly (sorry guys, the crime does it for me...)
3. Reading
4. Harrisburg
5. Wilkesbarre

Old 10-03-2011, 12:14 PM

9 posts, read 18,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleghenyangel View Post
I moved to Pittsburgh from Michigan a couple years ago. So far the only larger PA cities I have been to are Pittsburgh and Philadelphia. I assume these are the best cities in the state, considering they are the largest and generally considered the most vibrant. Or am I wrong? I thought it would be fun if people familiar with the state could rank its cities. I am particularly curious about Erie, Scranton, and Harrisburg.
I HATE the atmosphere in Philadelphia now... too much crime and traffic, like a mini NYC (please Philly fans, don't flame me! I'm a country girl) I live closest to that main city, but that's not my city. I'm just east of Amish country (also getting congested) but I absolutely LOVE <3 Potter County, Mansfield, Blossburg, all north of Willamsport. PA has a lot of lovely scenery but I heard Pittsburgh is the pits due to the steel mills, but I have a friend from there and she's die-hard loyal to Pitt. I've never been there, just get impressions from media propaganda I guess.

Old 10-03-2011, 07:38 PM

443 posts, read 601,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryzuba View Post
PA has a lot of lovely scenery but I heard Pittsburgh is the pits due to the steel mills
Really? You got to get out of the 80s. It's called travel, and 250 miles isn't far. I don't think you will find many steel mills in dat dare Pitts. Maybe you can find something interesting while you're at it. Like the Warhol museum, one of the best skylines in America, interesting neighborhoods, the Carnegies, Phipps conservatory, interesting terrain, etc etc. Not just dem dare pitts.

Old 10-04-2011, 08:47 AM

10,227 posts, read 16,838,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ker8 View Post
Obviously you don't. I'm from Erie, PA, and I can tell you all about the swath of land from Erie, south to Pittsburgh, east to Gettysburg, and north to about Harrisburg. I've been to Philadelphia, but I'd never want to live there. That's me personally. Right now I'm in Baltimore. But, like the poster below, I'm hoping to move back to Cleveland. I lived there for 4 years, and I really and truly do love Cleveland. Then again, I am a Great Lakes girl 110%. July 4th really solidified that for me. I'm not mean to live on the east coast. I do much better in the midwestern culture.

And I agree 100%. Cleveland really does ROCK! Now lets just hope LeBron stays there.....
you gotta be kidding me. Philly rocks cleveland no contest. cleveland is a dump. If I was going to be in a midsize city, Pittsburgh wins hands down over cleveland. never been to erie, i gettysburg really has gotten attractive over the years. also, bethlehem is underrated.

Old 10-05-2011, 01:05 PM

2,079 posts, read 3,212,041 times
pittsburgh

any other pa city is simply trash, and did i see someone mention harrisburg??? that is hilarious

Old 10-05-2011, 02:01 PM

443 posts, read 601,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pman View Post
you gotta be kidding me. Philly rocks cleveland no contest. cleveland is a dump. If I was going to be in a midsize city, Pittsburgh wins hands down over cleveland. never been to erie, i gettysburg really has gotten attractive over the years. also, bethlehem is underrated.
If you think Cleveland is a dump, then you would not be too excited over Erie, trust me. Presque Isle is nice though.

Old 10-05-2011, 03:59 PM

5,802 posts, read 9,905,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryzuba View Post
I HATE the atmosphere in Philadelphia now... too much crime and traffic, like a mini NYC (please Philly fans, don't flame me! I'm a country girl) I live closest to that main city, but that's not my city. I'm just east of Amish country (also getting congested) but I absolutely LOVE <3 Potter County, Mansfield, Blossburg, all north of Willamsport. PA has a lot of lovely scenery but I heard Pittsburgh is the pits due to the steel mills, but I have a friend from there and she's die-hard loyal to Pitt. I've never been there, just get impressions from media propaganda I guess.
Yea lots of steel mills with smoke filled air everywhere....Don't how anyone choses to live in current day Pittsburgh...

Don't worry millions of American's have the same outdated ignorance like you do about the Burgh.

Old 10-26-2011, 09:45 AM

23 posts, read 33,582 times
1. Philadelphia
2. Pittsburgh
3. Erie
4. Harrisburg
5. Scranton
6. Bethlehem
7. Wilkes-Barre
8. Lancaster
9. York
10. Jim Thorpe

You might say what about allentown? I'm not a very big fan of A-town honestly. There's something about it that turns me off.

Old 10-26-2011, 01:06 PM

9,368 posts, read 13,032,890 times
I like Philly and Pittsburgh equally. Is this allowed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania