Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 10:56 PM

2,027 posts, read 4,212,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Obviously the guy momof2 is discussing has already shown he will re-offend...what makes you think he "just wants to get on with his life"....?
We don't know that he will re-offend. But I have to question his thought process of moving so close to where many children will be. Most offenders who don't want to re-offend will move somewhere where they can be left alone and wouldn't want to move near a place where children gather as it could draw unwanted attention to them. That doesn't mean that the guy momof2 describes wants to re-offend but if he's is afflicted with the disease of pedophilia he shouldn't put himself in the position to re-offend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2009, 05:32 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,487,925 times
I should have worded that better....he has apparently done this more than once with years in between, so he HAS reoffended already rather than he WILL reoffend would have been more appropriate wording...By showing that he is WILLING to reoffend, I would certainly think his propensity to do so would be higher and by moving into an area with a high number of those targets he finds tempting certainly should raise concerns...

Old 02-04-2009, 06:42 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,739,368 times
A man who did this twice cannot be trusted to get on with his life. Maybe he will, maybe he won't, but he committed this crime twice. I don't advocate burning the guy's house down or running him out of town, but there's nothing wrong with keeping him away from children. I'm sorry if he wants to move on with his life. His victims probably do too.

Old 02-04-2009, 07:09 AM

2,905 posts, read 7,354,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Oh, YIKES! That is horrible, and of course you are concerned. 12-year-old boys?! Holy smokes. Are you SURE there are no laws in Mass about keeping a certain distance from wherever kids congregate? It sounds like you are sure, because the police weren't helpful, but I am just checking.

The only things I can think of are to:
1. Get really active and GET this kind of thing on the books.
2. Start a campaign to get the bus stop moved.
3. Organize a group of parents who keep watch over the bus stop for a certain period of time.

I think you are quite right to be wary of that person. Don't break any laws or get vigilant or do anything that promotes vigilantism, but do make sure someone is watching out for those children.
Well I used 12 year old boys as an example. He was convicted of rape of a child under 14. Don't know if it was 13 yr. old girl, 13 yr. old boy, 12 yr. old boy, 12 yr. old girl, one girl one boy, who knows. Was just trying to humanize the example a little more.

I think the parents on the street are organizing themselves a bit better, the police are aware of the situation, as is the School Department, and next time I speak to my friend I will ask her why no one is giving the walkers a ride home. considering that there are several parents that go all the way up the street, at least several must be passing her house.

I would never harass a sex offender. But people do need to have a heightened sense of awareness when one is living nearby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy night View Post
If a sex offender is going to re-offend, living 100 miles away from any society isn't going to stop him. By everybody becoming paranoid, it will only put everybody in a panic. Why stir up a panic?
I agree 100% with the first statement. However, there is a reason the phrase "like a kid in a candy store" was coined.

Everyone doesn't have to be paranoid, but aware and cautious.

There was recently a story, and I don't remember all the details, but a little girl was snatched out of the trailer she lived in by the sex offender who lived next door.

Tell HER parents that proximity had NOTHING to do with it.

Quote:
I should have worded that better....he has apparently done this more than once with years in between, so he HAS reoffended already rather than he WILL reoffend would have been more appropriate wording...By showing that he is WILLING to reoffend, I would certainly think his propensity to do so would be higher and by moving into an area with a high number of those targets he finds tempting certainly should raise concerns...
Yes, with this particular offender, it wasn't a one shot deal. He did it twice, with YEARS between.

Look, I am not paranoid. I believe that people have the right to start their lives over. I believe that there are people on the sex offender registry that are not a risk to society, or a risk to children, etc.

And frankly, I'd think a sex offender living in front of a bus stop on a quiet, long, country road, watching the same kids get on and off every day, with a clear ability to watch for patterns of behavior unhindered and unnoticed, probably poses as much a hazard to the children at that bus stop as he would if he lived next door to a school, where everyone is hyper-vigilant, especially in my town, where I can say that this man is much more a danger to the kids at that bus stop compared to kids at the school because we don't even have walkers in this town. EVERY kid at school is either picked up by a parent or goes on the bus. There are no 10 year olds walking off from school alone here.

But the problem here is greater than sex offenders on the registry. Because the fact of the matter is that most sex offenders will never be caught convicted and tried. So the pedophiles and freaks are out there and we will never know who they are or where they are. So we must be cautious in general.

Old 02-04-2009, 08:26 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,493,456 times
Quote:
Obviously the guy momof2 is discussing has already shown he will re-offend...
She said he had two convictions nine years apart. That doesn't say anything about the timing of the offenses, they could've been nine minutes apart.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:10 AM

1,016 posts, read 3,058,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy night View Post
So, you're assuming that every guy who pees outside is actually exposing himself to kids, not just peeing? Wow, you have some serious problems in this area. How many guys have you seen on the street with their penises out of their pants looking at kids? I've never seen even one. You sound like there are perverts lurking everywhere, when in reality, they are not.

Although I do not condone outside urination, most times, that's all it is.
Actually, one day when I was in 5th grade, I did see a guy on his 2nd floor balcony (across from the elementary school) who was 100% naked, fondling himself. He whistled at me to get my attention and then showed himself to me. Even though I was in no immediate danger, it completely freaked me out, and I ran all the way home. We had a guy who walked onto campus another time that same year (not sure if it was the same guy or not), and exposed himself to kids on the playground. The kids who saw him had to go and give a description of him in the office with the police - it was a big deal.

The truth is, there ARE sick people in this world, and it's my job to protect my kids from them. I'm not worried about the few RSO's who were stupid enough to urinate outside and land on the list. I don't give a rat's butt if a guy who's peeing outside ends up on a sex offender's list. Like I said before, you expose your genitals in plain view in public, and you're running the risk of becoming a RSO for life. Deal with it! Or use a toilet already...

Old 02-04-2009, 09:17 AM

1,016 posts, read 3,058,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
She said he had two convictions nine years apart. That doesn't say anything about the timing of the offenses, they could've been nine minutes apart.
What's your point??? It's 2 offenses just the same. A real sick-o.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:25 AM

8,410 posts, read 39,282,719 times
What is the world coming to that we should feel bad for child rapist and people who urinate outside like beasts?!

WTF?

Sex offenders re-offend most of the time. I think any pedo freak should be bound, partially eviscerated and covered salt & fire ants.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:25 AM

410 posts, read 515,736 times
I don't think these people need to be reminded what they did wrong for the rest of their lives punished to death. they are human beings like everybody else.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:31 AM

8,410 posts, read 39,282,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serena nisha sattar View Post
I don't think these people need to be reminded what they did wrong for the rest of their lives punished to death. they are human beings like everybody else.
F that... Their victims live it everyday without choice!

The pathetic sickos can deal with it. Besides they don't have feelings like normal people. You think they feel bad because they are not included/love/blahblahblah. They only feel bad because they cant get away with it anymore and pleasure themselves with other peoples weakness in their power. Thats what a psychopathic personality is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting