Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 03:26 PM

12,973 posts, read 3,226,997 times

Advertisements

A man peeing in the shrubs is quite different than a man playing with himself or just exposing himself to children to "get off" I don't judge a pee crime harshly at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2009, 08:20 AM

2,856 posts, read 10,444,007 times
I wouldnt either BUT women cant pee in public, so i dont see why men cant just hold it and use a toilet like the rest of us. It's their own stupidity if they get caught doing that...I dont pity them...
Go in a bathroom thats what it's for.

Old 02-05-2009, 08:27 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,742,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KH02 View Post
I wouldnt either BUT women cant pee in public, so i dont see why men cant just hold it and use a toilet like the rest of us. It's their own stupidity if they get caught doing that...I dont pity them...
Sure we can. It's not fun, nor is it legal, but of course you can do so.

Peeing in public should be on par with defacing public property or vandalism, some kind of aggravated littering charge. It's typically not a sex crime.

Old 02-05-2009, 08:40 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,482,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Sure we can. It's not fun, nor is it legal, but of course you can do so.

Peeing in public should be on par with defacing public property or vandalism, some kind of aggravated littering charge. It's typically not a sex crime.
I agree. Putting someone on the sex offender registry for public urination just seems crazy...

Old 02-05-2009, 08:49 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,482,706 times
Anyone who is seriously considering relocating and selecting a home based on whether a sex offender lives in the area needs to consider 2 very important things:

1. WHAT was the "sex offense" - was it child molestation or was it public urination or was it an 18 yo who had consensual sex with their 15 yo girlfriend/boyfriend? Some sex offenders are the sum of the earth...but some are just NOT.

2. Does it not occur to you that if they don't already live there, one can move in at any time. What are you going to do - move each time a sex offender moves in nearby?

Do things to protect your kids and know where the sex offenders live but if it's an otherwise safe area...don't obsess over where the sex offenders live. They can leave their homes and go commit their crimes ANYWHERE. Your child goes places other than your home and could run into one who lives elsewhere. People who choose where they live and feel that their kids are very safe because there are no sex offenders living nearby are living in a fantasy world....

Old 02-08-2009, 03:50 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,494,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
What is the world coming to that we should feel bad for child rapist and people who urinate outside like beasts?!
It's called evolution out of a mentality of vengeance. Check into it sometime.

Quote:
Sex offenders re-offend most of the time.
No, they do not, as is easily determined by a review of studies on the matter. (No, rants by Oprah and O'Reilly do not count as studies.)

Old 02-08-2009, 03:57 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,494,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
The pathetic sickos can deal with it. Besides they don't have feelings like normal people. You think they feel bad because they are not included/love/blahblahblah. They only feel bad because they cant get away with it anymore and pleasure themselves with other peoples weakness in their power. Thats what a psychopathic personality is.
The overwhelming majority of sex offenders, including pedophiles, are not suffering from a "psychopathic personality." In fact, one of the chief characteristics of pedophiles is precisely an excessive and unhealthy identification with children (does a certain pop star ring any bells?)

Old 02-08-2009, 06:40 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,634,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabolissa View Post
Who needs to whip it out and pee in public? I don't want my kids having to look at your privates just cuz you didn't pee before leaving home! Come on people!
Guess you have never been drunk and REALLY had to go huh?

Hell, I'm one of those people, when I gotta go, I GOTTA go, lol!

Old 02-08-2009, 08:09 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,634,408 times
Quote:

The hell we can't!

If you think women can only use a potty, NEVER go camping or hunting then, lol.

Old 02-08-2009, 08:25 AM

2,905 posts, read 7,355,208 times
Quote:
Just because we are not conveniently plumbed to pee in a bush shouldn't take this advantage away from the men who are.

Outlawing public urination is ridiculous, IMO. So if a man has to pee and no one is around, he needs to find a bathroom? No, go find a quiet private place to pee and get on with it. Obviously this will probably not be possible in Manhattan, but in We. Ma where I live there are endless quite spots to take a leak.

Yes, I have gone camping and ice fishing etc. when a teenager, and yes, I peed in the woods and other places. Sometimes there IS NO bathroom.

Is it a bit uncivilized, a man taking a leak outdoors? Well maybe a little but I think sometimes we forget that we are human beings.

My son pees in our yard all the time, if he has to go really bad. He jumps out of the car, runs out back, and goes. This is not a huge deal to me. He will have the sense not to whip it out and pee right in front of a bunch of kindergartners on the playground, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting