Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2014, 08:05 PM

5,989 posts, read 6,787,955 times

Advertisements

If it is only in the evening, it is colic. Dance with her in your arms. Dance around the block with her. I know it doesn't help, but 6-9 isn't so bad. I have seen them go 3 pm to 3 am. It will be over soon. If it were anything other than behavioral colic, it wouldn't be confined to evening hours. Hang on. Will be over soon.

So did mob and fob work out a 12 hr/wk temp visitation schedule? Did the court order temp support too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2014, 12:29 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,254,996 times
Maybe FOB could get his visitation during the colic hours - bet he'd soon change his mind!

Old 08-29-2014, 03:26 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,766,140 times
They did work out a schedule. It occurs on two days. One weekend day and one evening during the week. Support was ordered as well.

Our attorney said this is likely to be the schedule until she is older. No overnights until around 2 years old.

The hearing officer asked if it was ok for him to drop the baby off with us when she is in school on the one night a week she is with him and he said sure. We never treated him with anything but respect. Then they suggested that Haley stay with the baby for the first couple visits (2), just in case because the baby is so young and has been solely in her care. He said he was not comfortable with that. They asked him why it was ok for him to be around us but not ok for her to be around them. He didn't have an answer for them. It was weird. And you could see that the court thought so too.

Last night was a little better with the colic but it does seem cyclical. You can see she is so tired but just can't be comforted or get comfortable enough to fall asleep. I feel so bad for her.

And she isn't light. She is a 20 lb. baby!

Old 08-29-2014, 04:07 AM

20 lb at 3 1/2 months? Omg! Were mob and/or fob that big at that age?

Sounds like he is hiding something that is going on at that house. Could it be his mother's alcoholism?

Old 08-29-2014, 04:14 AM

Did they order the token $50/month support? Retroactive? Watch, he will demand that she supply diapers and formula and all supplies for visits with him, because he pays support! And of course you will do it lest she go hungry or sit in filth because he wont buy her food or diapers.

Old 08-29-2014, 04:32 AM

Lol! Mob was 20 lbs at 4 months but only 6 lbs at birth. This little one was almost 10 lbs at birth and held her head up immediately. She never had the head roll like mine did. She came out with muscle development. I guess because of her size. I have no idea. She rolls over like a champ now. Both back to belly and belly to back.

They ordered $135 a week in support and it was stipulated in the temp order that fob provide all supplies while in his care.

No, we would never see her go without. If they ordered or he said anything about supplies, we would make sure she has what she needs.

Old 08-29-2014, 04:34 AM

And she gave him $75 credit toward arrears for supplies he brought her when she was born. They told her she didn't have to but it was never about being unfair. To not give him credit would have been wrong.

Old 08-29-2014, 08:02 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,092,139 times
I'm very pleased by the court's handling of this so far. $135/week is very appropriate even with him not working because it should motivate him to start working. Were the arrears set at $135/week too? Or is the arrears part of the $135? If so, what is her actual child support set at?

What was decided about your daughter staying with the baby at his house for the first two visits? Was that left up in the air or did they order it? He is in for a huge surprise since his visitation is during her colic hours on the weeknight. Don't worry. The baby will be fine. His family will cope with the colic. They just won't have much fun---just as you aren't having fun during her colic hours.

He will have the supplies because he was court ordered. Don't let him be manipulative. If he threatens to do something different than the court orders, such as pressuring her to send supplies, remind him of the court order and remember to let the court know he was trying to get out of providing supplies while the baby is with him. If he does that, he risks losing visitation.

Old 08-29-2014, 08:19 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,254,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I'm very pleased by the court's handling of this so far. $135/week is very appropriate even with him not working because it should motivate him to start working. Were the arrears set at $135/week too? Or is the arrears part of the $135? If so, what is her actual child support set at?

What was decided about your daughter staying with the baby at his house for the first two visits? Was that left up in the air or did they order it? He is in for a huge surprise since his visitation is during her colic hours on the weeknight. Don't worry. The baby will be fine. His family will cope with the colic. They just won't have much fun---just as you aren't having fun during her colic hours.

He will have the supplies because he was court ordered. Don't let him be manipulative. If he threatens to do something different than the court orders, such as pressuring her to send supplies, remind him of the court order and remember to let the court know he was trying to get out of providing supplies while the baby is with him. If he does that, he risks losing visitation.
I second this. Make sure he sticks exactly to the court order, even in seemingly little things like this. I let little things slide with my ex and now he ignores the court order completely.

Old 08-29-2014, 08:36 AM

It wasn't ordered that she stay with the baby the first two visits. It was discussed but wasn't part of the paperwork from the beginning.

He has a job. He tried to lie and say he was making less and they looked at the paystubs. He said he just forgot how much. They asked how much, he gave a number hourly and then looked at the stubs. It was a significant difference. Oh well.

I think we are all beyond caring about lies. As long as the baby is cared for, that's all that really matters.

The $135 is the straight up weekly order. There is extra toward arrears added to that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting