Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2014, 05:36 PM

5,450 posts, read 8,766,140 times

Advertisements

I know he has a right to know his baby. I'm not panicking at all. She never had an issue with him being her dad. He wanted the paternity test. She never contested the fact that the baby is his.

We gave the visitation agreement to the attorney already so I feel better about that. It was a consensual agreement.
I doubt they'd do joint physical just yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2014, 06:28 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,092,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
We gave the visitation agreement to the attorney already so I feel better about that. It was a consensual agreement.
That visitation agreement will be his advantage because it's proof he has been actively involved from day one.

Old 06-08-2014, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
That visitation agreement will be his advantage because it's proof he has been actively involved from day one.
It's her advantage also showing that she has been agreeable and it was a consensual agreement.
It shows she never refused him to see her.

Old 06-08-2014, 01:49 PM

1,248 posts, read 2,167,785 times
Jersey, I hope all of this works out with the least amount of stress as possible. You just enjoy that precious new grandbaby!

Old 06-08-2014, 06:29 PM

5,989 posts, read 6,787,955 times
It's appropriate for him to have joint legal custody. He's the baby's father, and he is involved with her. It's not appropriate for that baby to go to his house without the mother yet. If your daughter is having success with the breastfeeding, she could scale back on the use of the bottle. That would preclude any separation from mom as of now.

Old 06-08-2014, 06:34 PM

11 posts, read 14,124 times
Looks like it's time for her to move out on her own. Nananana-nananana. Heyheyhey, goodbye!

Old 06-08-2014, 08:40 PM

15,802 posts, read 20,532,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I'm sure he's going for joint legal custody where he has an equal say in how the baby is raised, medical decisions, education, etc. He'll most definitely get that since there is no reason for a judge to not grant him that right. He'd be crazy to not go for joint legal custody.

AGreed. He'll get joint legal custody, which he should have.

Unsure if he's asking for naming rights as well. I know that was a sore spot for mom when i asked for a hypehnated name.

Old 06-09-2014, 02:39 AM

1,851 posts, read 3,400,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
These people just don't stop.

They have been bad mouthing me some more!! I got word from a friend of mine last night that she saw the dad and all he did was complain about me. Then proceed to play the victim.

This is just upsetting. They told her they're fine with my husband though.

I guess that's because I just cannot be fake. I cannot let you be complete idiots to my children and then be nice to you. I'm very understanding and if they've done something wrong, I'm the first to get on them for it.

My oldest daughter's crime was choosing to get out of the relationship with their son. My younger daughter? No clue what her's is.

So you're ignorant and rude to my kids and think I should just be ok with it.
Consider this a blessing in disguise. No family get togethers during the holidays!

Old 06-09-2014, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
Consider this a blessing in disguise. No family get togethers during the holidays!
Lol!!!

I would have loved to do that though. It stinks for kids to be having a great time at one home and then have to leave.

But we can look at the flip side for her. She gets to have double celebrations for everything.

Old 06-09-2014, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhleenuh1210 View Post
Looks like it's time for her to move out on her own. Nananana-nananana. Heyheyhey, goodbye!
This would not be a good idea.

At least this way, she's not on welfare or anything like that and gets a chance to finish school so she never has to be.

Kicking her and the baby out would be a terrible idea. I'd never do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting