Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2014, 08:34 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,766,140 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Did he drop off supplies? Does he spend time with the baby? How actively involved is he? What about his parents?
He's bringing them tomorrow. He comes over 3 days a week for 2 hours each time. She asked for the supplies to be brought tomorrow as that's his day.

The official agreement has been signed by both and is with the attorney.

His parents are not permitted here. There has been much that happened since her birth that made my husband say no way are they allowed in our home. They haven't asked to come either so they don't know they're not allowed.

I haven't talked about it here. It's just ridiculous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2014, 09:04 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,092,139 times
His parents have been such a big part of the story since the beginning, I'm wondering what they have done now!

Old 05-25-2014, 05:31 PM

Quote:
His parents have been such a big part of the story since the beginning, I'm wondering what they have done now!
I know they have. It's just hurtful being that we've never said a bad thing about them to anyone. We've been there to help their kids anytime they've needed. We fed their kids both here and at the hospital. As ridiculous as I think some of their ways and rules are, I've always told their kids and ours that they are the boys' parents and they are to be respected in their ways.

I know on here I have complained but I've kept very classy in the real world not even saying anything to my kids about my feelings.

Anyway, my one daughter and this boy at school like each other. Her sister told him he should go on a date with her. He said he can't because his family hates our family. She asked him why being they don't know us and he said his mom is friends with fob's mom and she has been saying some really bad things about us so he wouldn't be allowed to date my daughter.

If that's not bad enough, their other son was here and began running a fever and just not feeling well. He couldn't drive. He called to ask them to come get him. They wouldn't and told him to drive. This is knowing there's a newborn in the house. Unreal.

Old 05-25-2014, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
Anyway, my one daughter and this boy at school like each other. Her sister told him he should go on a date with her. He said he can't because his family hates our family. She asked him why being they don't know us and he said his mom is friends with fob's mom and she has been saying some really bad things about us so he wouldn't be allowed to date my daughter.
I'm so sorry that happened. We had a similar experience. My son was best friends with a boy since preschool. His parents were the type who always blamed everything their child did on their children's friends, and there was a long list of kids who their child as not allowed to play with. My son somehow managed to not get on that list for 8 years. Then one day, BOOM, he wasn't allowed to play with my son. Other kids joked, "You're not allowed to play with him now too?" Like it was a club. That's how bad these parents were. Anyways, it made my son terribly sad because this was his best friend since preschool, but we got on with life. One day he made plans to have a middle-school friend come over for the first time. His school friend told him that preschool-friend's mother told his parents all sorts of terrible stuff about us, but that his mother said they don't make decisions based on what other people say and they'll get to know us themselves. We lucked out in that regard because those parents were decent open minded people, but it still PISSED ME OFF that the pre-school friend's parents were saying terrible things about my son. I couldn't help but wonder who the hell else they were saying things to.

The last time I saw the kid, and the reason they added my son to the long list, is because he showed up at my house for a sleepover with fireworks in his backpack. My son came and told me because he knew it was wrong. I called his mother and told her. I wasn't upset at all. I wasn't mean. I was just informing her of what her son did. He snuck them out of their garage and brought them to my house. That was the reason he wasn't allowed to play with my son anymore. Somehow it's my son's fault that her son stole fireworks from his own garage (when my son wasn't even with him) and snuck them into my house. It was illogical. I should have never told the idiot what her kid did and just confiscated the fireworks and given them both a lecture. The most mindboggling part is why she would spread nasty lies about my child. It's not good enough to just add my child to her crazy long list, but these lies were being told a year later!

Sorry for the rant. Obviously, I would be super angry too. It's not fair to your daughter. But I'll tell you this, your daughter is better off not dating a guy whose mother is so impressionable.

Old 05-25-2014, 06:54 PM

Quote:

Sorry for the rant. Obviously, I would be super angry too. It's not fair to your daughter. But I'll tell you this, your daughter is better off not dating a guy whose mother is so impressionable.
That's exactly what I said to her. My heart still broke that this nasty stuff was being said. It must be lies. We have been very good to them and their kids. Honestly, we are a good caring family. We are never out to hurt anyone. We just want to be happy and really like seeing others happy too.

Someone I know told me a while ago to watch out for the parents. My only response was well they seem to be ok and have been nice to us.

I really got angry when they wouldn't pick their son up. Here he was with a fever unable to drive with their grandchild, a newborn, in the house and they just wouldn't do it. My husband and I had to drive him and his vehicle home. That was the icing on the cake for me.

Other than that, all has been well. Things are being worked out daily. The baby is an angel. So incredibly sweet.

Old 05-25-2014, 07:14 PM

Quote:
My heart still broke that this nasty stuff was being said. It must be lies.
I know. I wrote many letters that weren't mailed to get it out of my system. I can't recall anyone who has made me so angry in my entire life.

Quote:
I really got angry when they wouldn't pick their son up. Here he was with a fever unable to drive with their grandchild, a newborn, in the house and they just wouldn't do it. My husband and I had to drive him and his vehicle home. That was the icing on the cake for me.
Awful! It's clear they have taken the stand that they will not have anything to do with your family even if it's to the detriment of their own children. I hope the fob has money to buy things. I fear his parents might refuse to give him money if he doesn't.

Quote:
Other than that, all has been well. Things are being worked out daily. The baby is an angel. So incredibly sweet.
This is all that matters!

Old 05-25-2014, 08:57 PM

Quote:
I know. I wrote many letters that weren't mailed to get it out of my system. I can't recall anyone who has made me so angry in my entire life.

Awful! It's clear they have taken the stand that they will not have anything to do with your family even if it's to the detriment of their own children. I hope the fob has money to buy things. I fear his parents might refuse to give him money if he doesn't.

This is all that matters!
If his parents won't, his grandmother will.

You're so right that's what matters. It's funny how things change. I was so worried about drama before she was born, now it's an afterthought at most. Worry sucks you in.

My hubby always say don't worry until you have to. This is one of those instances where I should have taken that advice.

I've been giving all the baths because of how our tub is. Way too low to te ground for my daughter to be bending into. Tomorrow is only 2 weeks post op. The best thing she can do is heal right because you only get one shot.

And besides I just love doing the bath. She seems to like it

Old 05-25-2014, 09:12 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,114,938 times
I thought everybody bathed little newborns in the sink!!! We did all 4 of ours and as late as they would fit cause we both have back problems.
Glad you are enjoying your new grandbaby.

Old 05-25-2014, 09:37 PM

Quote:
And besides I just love doing the bath. She seems to like it
Bathtime a fantastic parenting perk! Or grandparent perk!

Old 05-26-2014, 11:40 AM

Lol!! I have a double sink. Neither of which are big enough for the bath seat.

I love the bath seat. And her room is right next to that bathroom. So it's a quick trip to the changing table.

I don't know how to bathe a baby other than in a bath seat. Lol! I used them for all of my kids.

I love the look on the baby's face when in the tub.

They changed the procedure for the cord. You leave it alone now. She's 2 weeks old and it hasn't fallen off.

Oh! Fob did bring the supplies
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting