Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2011, 02:57 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,117,463 times

Advertisements

Hey there, Mrs X! So sorry to hear Toddler X isn't feeling well. I hope the increased dosage gets him better soon!

Old 08-25-2011, 03:00 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,577,445 times
Hi MrsX, sorry to hear ToddlerX is not feeling well. How are you feeling?

Old 08-25-2011, 03:03 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,754,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Ouch! Poor ToddlerX!

And how are you feeling MrsX? Everything under control?

DD's surgery went well, thank you.

The baby was moving about all last week and it went all quiet this week. Then again I have been so busy with Toddler X that I really haven't had time to sit and concentrate on my growing bump as I should be. Also I have been walking alot which I am not suppose to do but have to get him to school until we sort out another car. Fingers cross that Mr. X gets a company car and I get the SUV. I have been extremely tired and end up sleeping all day while Toddler X is in preschool. My doctor said that it is all the activity I shouldn't be doing and that the baby is mostly likely fine as I haven't had any other symptoms. My regular appointment is coming up soon.

Old 08-25-2011, 03:04 PM

Hey who was it in here that had a son with an uncircumsied penis and had a similar problem?

Thank you all for your well wishes!

Old 08-25-2011, 03:05 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,481,058 times
Oh please be careful MrsX! Is there a friend or neighbor who can help with the getting to and from school during this time?

Old 08-25-2011, 03:08 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,961,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
Even if I were to land a job with benefits, it'd be awhile before I had money, at least 90 days till insurance kicked in and by then that tooth is going to be gone and the ones surrounding it are going to be screwed too, I am getting a cavity on another tooth because its so damn hard to floss between those teeth because the jacked up way they did the fillings.
I think you'll be fine - you won't lose it that quick. DH recently had to have a crown put in due to a crack in his tooth and he went months and months before we could do anything about it.

But we have a hard time feeling sorry for you because you piddled around most of the summer, thinking you'd get a job in the snap of a finger when you decided to start looking. You are now realizing the reality of the job market. You should have started looking the second you got home.

Now - my advice if you think you can't wait - call around to different dentist - there are better ones out there than comfort dental. Ask if they accept dental discount plans - this is different than dental insurance. You pay a yearly fee then get discounted rates on your dental work. Very discounted rates.

That's what we have - we don't use our Dental insurance through DH's work because it was outrageously expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Actually, dental insurance is very affordable.
Well - debatable. We dropped it because it was expensive through DH's work because so many people were using it. Apparently they paid out more in claims than they got in insurance payments. And they fought almost everything that was submitted towards the end. This was United Dental. Horrible. Given the cap they put on coverage anyway, we just found it to be cheaper to get the discount card and pay out of pocket. I know for some it is really cheap.

Old 08-25-2011, 03:09 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,210,848 times
Mrs. X, I am SO glad you checked in. I was thinking about you last night!

Old 08-25-2011, 03:10 PM

1,899 posts, read 2,854,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
$1,151...
I wish that was all I needed to fix my teeth. The last time I checked, to get my teeth filled, crowned, and all of the basics to stop them from just falling out of my head I needed almost $18,000 AFTER insurance. Since then, the damage is much worse and I no longer have insurance. I can't remember what it is like to eat a meal without being in excruciating pain. It has been at least 10 years. I don't have a choice though. I have to work to feed, clothe and shelter my family.

Old 08-25-2011, 03:12 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,577,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by num1baby View Post
I wish that was all I needed to fix my teeth. The last time I checked, to get my teeth filled, crowned, and all of the basics to stop them from just falling out of my head I needed almost $18,000 AFTER insurance. Since then, the damage is much worse and I no longer have insurance. I can't remember what it is like to eat a meal without being in excruciating pain. It has been at least 10 years. I don't have a choice though. I have to work to feed, clothe and shelter my family.
Aww Nummy! How are things going with you?

Old 08-25-2011, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Oh please be careful MrsX! Is there a friend or neighbor who can help with the getting to and from school during this time?

We are working on it. My neighbors all leave to work between 6 am and 7am. It is cool enough and I feel I need the exercise, I am starting to look like Jabba the Hut.

I fear if I gain to much weight it will just add to the problems. I had preeclampsia with toddler X and went from weighing 120 to 178. When he was born I somehow gained extra weight from the swelling which brought me to 185. I ended up with knee problems and it took a long time to bring my weight down to 135. With this one I am gaining weight way to fast. I started at 140 and I am only four months in at 160. I try to eat six very small nutritious meals as given by my doctor but I think he is taking it a bit too far in not letting me do some type of walking or light excerise (sorry misspelling).

For now, I walk him only in the morning and take a cab in the afternoon because it is wayyyyyy to hot! If this drought doesn't end I am moving back to NYC. I rather battle earthquakes, hurricanes and cat sized rats.

If I get the SUV I will take Toddler X back and forth to school and walk late evenings with Mr. X.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.