Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2011, 04:26 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,751,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
Ewwwwwwwwwww! Well, I guess no one ever said supers were the brightest bulbs...
HAHAHA..include my dad on the list. For Hurricane Bob we live out on the Island, he forgot to close the window on a car he inherited from his great uncle.

We went outside when the eye was over us and he freaked out! Too little too late.

Old 08-25-2011, 04:27 PM

13,414 posts, read 9,948,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post
Girl you and FR better get your butts down to the supermarket or pharmacy and start stocking up just in case.

I remember Hurricane Gloria like it was yesterday. My dad was taping the windows in our railroad apartment and my mom filled up the bathtub with water. The street we lived on was wrecked with garbage and crap.
Mrs X! Lovely to see you. Thanks, if we're not careful, Ewag and I will be fighting over the last jar of peanut butter in Philadelphia, so we will heed your warning. Glad you are doing ok. Sorry to hear about ToddlerX's willy. That can't be too much fun for the little dude.

Actually, it just occurred to me that I would not know if it was Ewag prying the last jar of Jif out of my hands. Everytime I see a woman with a boy about LSE's age at the supermarket, I do have this strange urge to shout Ewag! just in case it is Ewag.

Old 08-25-2011, 04:31 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,948,820 times
Afternoon all, I've been "napping" again.

Txt, since it's your birthday, I will tell you about Vital Savings by Aetna. You can sign up online. In our case it cost $125.00 for 4 people, and gives us 40-50% off dental procedures and exams. Since it's by Aetna, many dentists accept it. You can get a policy with your mother and brother and split the cost.

Num, I can't even imagine facing that kind of dental bill. I might be tempted to pull them all and get dentures. I feel for you, because nothing sucks more than tooth pain.

Mrs X, your poor baby boy! My middle DS also went through infections, operations, etc. He had a damaged urethra that caused multiple problems, but it took several trips to a urologist to find the problem. Wishing you the best with both current and future babies.

Old 08-25-2011, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Mrs X! Lovely to see you. Thanks, if we're not careful, Ewag and I will be fighting over the last jar of peanut butter in Philadelphia, so we will heed your warning. Glad you are doing ok. Sorry to hear about ToddlerX's willy. That can't be too much fun for the little dude.

Actually, it just occurred to me that I would not know if it was Ewag prying the last jar of Jif out of my hands. Everytime I see a woman with a boy about LSE's age at the supermarket, I do have this strange urge to shout Ewag! just in case it is Ewag.
If I was EWAG I would be fighting with you for the last philly cheesesteak before that storm comes in.

FR---I have a celebrity question for you...have you ever met David Gahan from Depeche Mode?

Old 08-25-2011, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
Afternoon all, I've been "napping" again.

Txt, since it's your birthday, I will tell you about Vital Savings by Aetna. You can sign up online. In our case it cost $125.00 for 4 people, and gives us 40-50% off dental procedures and exams. Since it's by Aetna, many dentists accept it. You can get a policy with your mother and brother and split the cost.

Num, I can't even imagine facing that kind of dental bill. I might be tempted to pull them all and get dentures. I feel for you, because nothing sucks more than tooth pain.

Mrs X, your poor baby boy! My middle DS also went through infections, operations, etc. He had a damaged urethra that caused multiple problems, but it took several trips to a urologist to find the problem. Wishing you the best with both current and future babies.
Thank you Mattie! I will keep you in mind if there are further problems.

Old 08-25-2011, 05:11 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,902,877 times
Quote:
HAHAHA..include my dad on the list. For Hurricane Bob we live out on the Island, he forgot to close the window on a car he inherited from his great uncle.

We went outside when the eye was over us and he freaked out! Too little too late.
Haha - oh, lordy, that sounds like something I would do!! Was the car totaled?

Quote:

It's mine, all mine, moo-ha-ha-ha-ha (evil scientist laugh)...

Too funny about the urge to shout Ewag - I keep looking for an Aussie with a somehat blurry 4-year-old girl in a hat, playing in a fountain!

Old 08-25-2011, 05:28 PM

13,414 posts, read 9,948,375 times
Quote:
If I was EWAG I would be fighting with you for the last philly cheesesteak before that storm comes in.

FR---I have a celebrity question for you...have you ever met David Gahan from Depeche Mode?
Alas, no. I did go to a party at someone's house once that was supposedly his girlfriend. I vaguely remember much wringing of hands over something he was doing that he shouldn't of been doing. I thought that might be a good opportunity for me to swoop in and take him off her hands. But it was not to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post

It's mine, all mine, moo-ha-ha-ha-ha (evil scientist laugh)...

Too funny about the urge to shout Ewag - I keep looking for an Aussie with a somehat blurry 4-year-old girl in a hat, playing in a fountain!
Well we're easy to spot, we take that fountain everywhere. Actually, you do have one up on me - at least if you hear Aussies you might have a shot!

Old 08-25-2011, 05:43 PM

Zimbo- Yes the car was totalled and it wasn't insured so my dad lost it both literally and figuratively.

FR- HAHAHAHAHA, I too would have been happy to take care of him. He has a voice that makes my knees go weak. If you ever ever do get a chance please take tons of pictures and give me details.

Old 08-25-2011, 05:59 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,902,877 times
Quote:

Well we're easy to spot, we take that fountain everywhere. Actually, you do have one up on me - at least if you hear Aussies you might have a shot!
I suspected you might.

Let me even the playing field a bit: I'm the very Irish looking one who appears to have swallowed a beach ball.

Old 08-25-2011, 06:03 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,164,079 times
Quote:
You put neosporin on it, if I remember correctly? My doctor gave us bactricin for it and then it became super swollen by Wednesday. She has given us pencillin and then told me to put a triple antibiotic on it such as neosporin or she will call the pharmacy to get a stronger ointment. Since the medicine and the neo it seems slightly better.
I did, at least until the test came back negative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting