Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2011, 09:43 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,562,129 times

Advertisements

Howdy Dew, Fin, and Kibbie!

Kibbie - hope you feel better! This should make you laugh (reminded me of your coach story), and yes, an actual email I was oh so lucky to receive yesterday:

Dear Zimbo - I am so glad our girls are in the same class again this year, and we'll be room moms together. YAY! Little DevilSpawnette begged me to be room mom, that's really the only reason I signed up. I hate talking to groups of people, am not artsy, so can't really help with the craft projects, and don't think I'll be good at managing the money or volunteer schedules. Sorry you couldn't get hold of me before the parent meeting, but you did an awesome job getting everything organized in time. Do we all need to take a turn reading to the class? I don't really like doing it, maybe I'll see if someone else will do it for me. Hey, let me know if I can help with anything.

Old 08-19-2011, 09:44 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
Experience, knowledge, you guys tell me whats best to do all the time, wouldn't I just assume SOMEONE, ANYONE would know what was appropriate??
And you never pay any attention to us. In fact, you usually manage to put in a little dig at us somewhere else down the line.

Two days ago you told us your room was full to the brim with clothes. Dig. See if there are some big girl panties in the pile and pull them on.

Old 08-19-2011, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Dear Zimbo - I am so glad our girls are in the same class again this year, and we'll be room moms together. YAY! Little DevilSpawnette begged me to be room mom, that's really the only reason I signed up. I hate talking to groups of people, am not artsy, so can't really help with the craft projects, and don't think I'll be good at managing the money or volunteer schedules. Sorry you couldn't get hold of me before the parent meeting, but you did an awesome job getting everything organized in time. Do we all need to take a turn reading to the class? I don't really like doing it, maybe I'll see if someone else will do it for me. Hey, let me know if I can help with anything.
So did you roll your eyes and laugh until you snorted?

Old 08-19-2011, 09:53 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,954,027 times
Quote:
How do you respond to that!? Love her last line but then insert "but I probably won't do it anyway".

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
And you never pay any attention to us. In fact, you usually manage to put in a little dig at us somewhere else down the line.

Two days ago you told us your room was full to the brim with clothes. Dig. See if there are some big girl panties in the pile and pull them on.
Snort!

Old 08-19-2011, 09:54 AM

13,419 posts, read 9,950,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimbochick View Post
howdy dew, fin, and kibbie!

Kibbie - hope you feel better! This should make you laugh (reminded me of your coach story), and yes, an actual email i was oh so lucky to receive yesterday:

dear zimbo - i am so glad our girls are in the same class again this year, and we'll be room moms together. Yay! Little devilspawnette begged me to be room mom, that's really the only reason i signed up. I hate talking to groups of people, am not artsy, so can't really help with the craft projects, and don't think i'll be good at managing the money or volunteer schedules. Sorry you couldn't get hold of me before the parent meeting, but you did an awesome job getting everything organized in time. Do we all need to take a turn reading to the class? I don't really like doing it, maybe i'll see if someone else will do it for me. Hey, let me know if i can help with anything.
omg.

OMG.

Last edited by FinsterRufus; 08-19-2011 at 09:57 AM.. Reason: Wouldn't let me type caps on the first OMG. Very odd.

Old 08-19-2011, 09:56 AM

I know, right. Honestly I would have more respect for someone who wrote:

Dear Zimbo - I signed up as room mom because it looks good but I have no intention of helping at all. Just so long as we're clear.

Signed: A. Loser

Old 08-19-2011, 09:58 AM

13,419 posts, read 9,950,386 times
Quote:
I know, right. Honestly I would have more respect for someone who wrote:

Dear Zimbo - I signed up as room mom because it looks good but I have no intention of helping at all. Just so long as we're clear.

Signed: A. Loser
Right??? I love the "Let me know if I can help with anything" bit. What a corker!

Old 08-19-2011, 09:59 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,167,496 times
Quote:
Howdy Dew, Fin, and Kibbie!

Kibbie - hope you feel better! This should make you laugh (reminded me of your coach story), and yes, an actual email I was oh so lucky to receive yesterday:

nice. 2 dads are interested in helping DH coach now, but neither of them showed up for the coach's meeting.

Quote:

... in all that mess there are only 3 pairs of shoes?? That's what I'm wondering.

Old 08-19-2011, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Dear Mommy of Little DevilSpawnette.

Well, first I'm SO glad that LDSpawnette knows how to whine and beg. It's such a necessary life skill. You must be proud.

I totally know what you mean about not being able to do anything most people can do while they are actually living a life. I mean, WOW!, it's just so hard to be as special and helpless as a kitten. A cute little kitten. So you really think I do an awesome job getting organized in time? Pishaw. It's just little old me doing nothing special. I mean it's not like I'm solving the federal budget problems or anything. You're just buttering me up you silly girl!

No. You can't help me with anything. Because, silly me, I'm just smart enough to not get roped into anything to save your size 0 butt which you only have because you are in the gym and not doing things like, I don't know, organizing things.

Let me know if I can do anything for you. Really. Like pick up the tab at lunch.

Huggies!

Zimbo

Old 08-19-2011, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
nice. 2 dads are interested in helping DH coach now, but neither of them showed up for the coach's meeting.
One thing I have learned (finally) is that if I do volunteer for something, I bank on it just being me. If people actually do step up, then that's an added bonus. I also have a band of trustworthy cohorts whom I rely on when necessary.

Quote:
Dear Mommy of Little DevilSpawnette.

Well, first I'm SO glad that LDSpawnette knows how to whine and beg. It's such a necessary life skill. You must be proud.

I totally know what you mean about not being able to do anything most people can do while they are actually living a life. I mean, WOW!, it's just so hard to be as special and helpless as a kitten. A cute little kitten. So you really think I do an awesome job getting organized in time? Pishaw. It's just little old me doing nothing special. I mean it's not like I'm solving the federal budget problems or anything. You're just buttering me up you silly girl!

No. You can't help me with anything. Because, silly me, I'm just smart enough to not get roped into anything to save your size 0 butt which you only have because you are in the gym and not doing things like, I don't know, organizing things.

Let me know if I can do anything for you. Really. Like pick up the tab at lunch.

Huggies!

Zimbo
Thanks Dew! I just forwarded that to her, I'll let you know her response!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting