Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2011, 08:23 AM

13,726 posts, read 10,102,382 times

Advertisements

He scrunched his brow, and looked over at his wife as she sipped her cup of coffee and chatted with the band of women she affectionately referred to as CDMWR. He didn't mind, they amused her, and seemed an okay bunch. But something about her had changed, and he was, in all honesty, a little nervous. She had started chatting to a man, well he thought she was, all he could hear were little man-giggles emanating from the computer speakers and they caused her to laugh out loud as she typed away furiously. Who was this man with whom his wife was having a collogue?.... He sneaked a peek. Why, it was some googly eyed hairy dude, with a girlish laugh! WTF??....

Old 08-24-2011, 08:38 AM

3,388 posts, read 3,917,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Oh that's adorable.
He's a cutie - very into Baby Sister right now. His friends just got a new sister, who we met last week, and he's been all about her as well.

________

He scrunched his brow, and looked over at his wife as she sipped her cup of coffee and chatted with the band of women she affectionately referred to as CDMWR. He didn't mind, they amused her, and seemed an okay bunch. But something about her had changed, and he was, in all honesty, a little nervous. She had started chatting to a man, well he thought she was, all he could hear were little man-giggles emanating from the computer speakers and they caused her to laugh out loud as she typed away furiously. Who was this man with whom his wife was having a collogue?.... He sneaked a peek. Why, it was some googly eyed hairy dude, with a girlish laugh! WTF??....These CDMWR had seemed so normal up until now. He wondered if it was worth having a collogue with his wife about how she spends her free time or if he should just pretend he never saw the cackling fuzzball in the first place...

Old 08-24-2011, 09:11 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,322,873 times
'morning all. Off to the dentist (again) with DS5. Yay. I'll be back to collogue with you later!

Old 08-24-2011, 09:13 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,375,914 times
It's a well known fact that Johnny Depp collogues while he's under Dew's sink.

Which is illegal in 37 states.

Morning all.

Old 08-24-2011, 10:04 AM

4,469 posts, read 7,225,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Well done, FR!

Old 08-24-2011, 10:07 AM

4,469 posts, read 7,225,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
He's a cutie - very into Baby Sister right now. His friends just got a new sister, who we met last week, and he's been all about her as well.

________

He scrunched his brow, and looked over at his wife as she sipped her cup of coffee and chatted with the band of women she affectionately referred to as CDMWR. He didn't mind, they amused her, and seemed an okay bunch. But something about her had changed, and he was, in all honesty, a little nervous. She had started chatting to a man, well he thought she was, all he could hear were little man-giggles emanating from the computer speakers and they caused her to laugh out loud as she typed away furiously. Who was this man with whom his wife was having a collogue?.... He sneaked a peek. Why, it was some googly eyed hairy dude, with a girlish laugh! WTF??....These CDMWR had seemed so normal up until now. He wondered if it was worth having a collogue with his wife about how she spends her free time or if he should just pretend he never saw the cackling fuzzball in the first place...
He wondered, as he poured his own cup of coffee, if the hairy thing was what she'd been referring to last night when he heard her muttering something that sounded like "haboob" in her sleep. Or was it "Fabio"? It did have some amazing hair, but those book covers must have been seriously photoshopped...
Wait a minute! This wasn't their regular coffee. It tasted strangely of...Jack Daniels, with the faintest aftertaste of...was it Comet?

Old 08-24-2011, 11:41 AM

3,388 posts, read 3,917,480 times
Well-played, Aconite, well-played!

Old 08-24-2011, 11:53 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,375,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aconite View Post
He wondered, as he poured his own cup of coffee, if the hairy thing was what she'd been referring to last night when he heard her muttering something that sounded like "haboob" in her sleep. Or was it "Fabio"? It did have some amazing hair, but those book covers must have been seriously photoshopped...
Wait a minute! This wasn't their regular coffee. It tasted strangely of...Jack Daniels, with the faintest aftertaste of...was it Comet?
It was all beginning to make sense to him. Especially her insisting they watch "Pirates of The Carribean" over and over. Even the perfectly awful third one. The one even the Disney shareholders refused to watch.

His thoughts were interrupted by a sound coming from under the sink. He grabbed his crevice tool and crept into the kitchen.

"Ouch!", he said.

Old 08-24-2011, 02:45 PM

13,982 posts, read 26,090,314 times
I had to visit to see if y'all could lift me from my funk. Yes, at least 50%, so thank you.

I am wondering about my success as a parent today. Middle obviously thinks I am stupid, because he requested $$$ for college books. I KNOW he buys new so he can sell them back and pocket the proceeds. I am NOT stupid today son, sorry. Momma done gone frugal.

Eldest (he of the wedding-from-hell) texted to ask why I never inquire about his wife. I reminded him I recently did, and then turned the tables and asked why he only calls when he is in the car or otherwise alone. Frustration looms large today. I may always be "that" kind of MIL. But, really, I'm cool.

Old 08-24-2011, 02:49 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,322,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
I had to visit to see if y'all could lift me from my funk. Yes, at least 50%, so thank you.

I am wondering about my success as a parent today. Middle obviously thinks I am stupid, because he requested $$$ for college books. I KNOW he buys new so he can sell them back and pocket the proceeds. I am NOT stupid today son, sorry. Momma done gone frugal.

Eldest (he of the wedding-from-hell) texted to ask why I never inquire about his wife. I reminded him I recently did, and then turned the tables and asked why he only calls when he is in the car or otherwise alone. Frustration looms large today. I may always be "that" kind of MIL. But, really, I'm cool.
Think of how much worse your issues could be! Middle didn't think as far as to think you are stupid. He's just trying to get $$. pretty normal for a college student I'd say. Just prove him wrong and say no.

I'm curious what kind of answer you got from Eldest after you turned the tables.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.