Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2011, 04:14 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,568,805 times

Advertisements

Never seen frogs in the toilet, but I once lived in the desert where all the houses had septic tanks. The snakes liked to live in there as it was cool. One of my less than stellar nursing moments was having an Anderson Cooper-esque giggle fit x 10 when a woman came in with a snake bite on her derriere which she aquired while sitting on the pot.

Old 08-23-2011, 04:19 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,071,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aconite View Post
I wasn't really thrilled about the year we had three hurricanes in a month's time. Grew up with tornadoes, and despite the hurricanes, really have very little experience with flooding. I'm more likely to fret over finding a tree on my roof, because we've had that experience a couple of times.
Tornadoes are creepier than hurricanes, though. And I never want to go through another ice storm after the one in December 2002. No electricity for days, and the only source of heat was a crappy seventies fireplace. (Though at least, unlike a hurricane, in an ice storm you don't have mosquitoes eating you alive, alligators in your yard, or frogs in your toilet.)
Be thankful for that crappy 70s fireplace! We get ice storms all the time here and have no fireplace! I keep meaning to buy a wood burning stove but never get around to it. Instead, we suffer through. Last winter, we put on our ski clothes and spent the days outside in the sun to keep warm. At dusk, we went inside, got under tons of blankets and stayed in bed until the sun came up the next day. Repeat. Repeat. Until we had electricity. I think it was three days total. Gald we're talking about this. I might find a deal on wood burning stoves this time of year.

Old 08-23-2011, 04:22 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,956,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Never seen frogs in the toilet, but I once lived in the desert where all the houses had septic tanks. The snakes liked to live in there as it was cool. One of my less than stellar nursing moments was having an Anderson Cooper-esque giggle fit x 10 when a woman came in with a snake bite on her derriere which she aquired while sitting on the pot.
Okay - snakes trumps frogs.

Old 08-23-2011, 04:23 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,905,045 times
Quote:
Hahaha re: AC giggle fit!

But seriously, I literally have nightmares about snakes coming out of toilets (*shudders at thought*). I am terrified of snakes - it'd be a full-blown phobia if it impaired my daily functioning. Ugh.

Old 08-23-2011, 04:27 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
Okay - snakes trumps frogs.
Not in my book, Coop.

My frog story. No one famous. Sorry.

In high school biology we had to dissect a lot of frogs. Which I couldn't stomach so I always gave mine to the guy (Mr. X) who sat behind me. Years later my dad told me he had interviewed Mr. X for a job. Dad said, "X told me you went to high school together."

"Yeah. I used to give him my frogs."

Took Dad a moment to recover.

Old 08-23-2011, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwesteastagain View Post
Hahaha re: AC giggle fit!

But seriously, I literally have nightmares about snakes coming out of toilets (*shudders at thought*). I am terrified of snakes - it'd be a full-blown phobia if it impaired my daily functioning. Ugh.
I am not afraid of snakes, but I will admit that is was many months before I could sit on the toilet without looking into it continuously.

Old 08-23-2011, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post

"Yeah. I used to give him my frogs."

Took Dad a moment to recover.
Did he think "frogs" was code word for haboobs?

Old 08-23-2011, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Did he think "frogs" was code word for haboobs?
Or cherries?

Old 08-23-2011, 04:33 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,071,598 times
Quote:
Keep us posted, if you would - it sounds like something I would like to support after it gets rolling.
Definitely!

Quote:
How is his job going? Is he doing okay?
He went through a difficult time a month or so ago but he's stable now. Stable is good, but geeze, I want so much more for him. And he does too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Believe it or not I could probably handle alligators in my yard. But frogs in the toilet?

No. I don't do frogs in the toilet. No. Not going to cope with frogs in the toilet.
Quote:
Yeah, that sounds a tad too "the end of the world" for my liking!!!
Quote:
That being said, a frog in the toilet - that might be worse. Especially if you don't discover it until AFTER you sat down.
Frogs in the toilet? Not something I want to experience! Then again, the snake story freaks me out too!

Last edited by Hopes; 08-23-2011 at 04:56 PM..

Old 08-23-2011, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Or cherries?

We need an emoticon that portrays "giggling like Anderson Cooper".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting