Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2011, 07:11 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,572,878 times

Advertisements

Good Morning All!

Here is your daily squee............

YouTube - ‪Cat mom hugs baby kitten‬‏

Old 05-28-2011, 07:34 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,472,760 times
Morning....

Zimbo -it's things like that that make me miss having kitties.....then I remember the itchy eyes, runny nose and the fact that Macie is plenty expensive by herself...... I think she's going to need prescription antihistamines at some point here.....yikes.

So far pretty day out. Not sure what time our company is coming....

Old 05-28-2011, 07:47 AM

13,429 posts, read 9,960,461 times
Morning all!

Mm you are welcome to one of our kitties. Well, no, not really. . We rescued one, then thought he was lonely, so we went to a woman who had some kittens to get him a buddy - and realized this woman was never going to get any of her cats fixed and ended up taking a little girl kitty as well as our original boy kitty, because I couldn't stand the thought of the little girl having kittens as soon as she was able - so now we have 3 kitties .

Of course, our original cat was not amused with the new kitties whatsoever and still bops them in the head at every opportunity. Oh well. They in turn love to ambush the dog. Poor dog. They curl up and sleep with him and he tolerates it, but doesn't love it.

Are you off for the whole weekend, mm?

Old 05-28-2011, 07:53 AM

Yep - off for the weekend....

I avoided cleaning last night for our company so now I must do it today. I really don't like cleaning in the afternoons/evenings after work. I am much better if I at start in the morning. Rented a movie from redbox. The Green Hornet. Horrible. Not much of a Seth Rogan fan to begin with but even DH commented on how bad this was. May go see Bridesmaids this weekend if the weather turns bad and screws up DH's golf plans.

What are you up to this weekend FR?

Old 05-28-2011, 08:02 AM

13,429 posts, read 9,960,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Yep - off for the weekend....

I avoided cleaning last night for our company so now I must do it today. I really don't like cleaning in the afternoons/evenings after work. I am much better if I at start in the morning. Rented a movie from redbox. The Green Hornet. Horrible. Not much of a Seth Rogan fan to begin with but even DH commented on how bad this was. May go see Bridesmaids this weekend if the weather turns bad and screws up DH's golf plans.

What are you up to this weekend FR?
Hmmm, I'm not sure yet. We are enjoying our little revamped backyard with our plastic blowup pool. Who would've thought those things would be so much fun again? So we might just hang around the house and BBQ a bunch. There's a horse show on I'd really like to go to but we're watching our budget, so maybe not. It's going to be super hot, too. They have neighborhood festivals galore here, so might find a bouncy house somewhere for MissFR, it's her absolute fave thing to do lately.

You should go see Bridesmaids. By all accounts it's hilarious.

Old 05-28-2011, 08:08 AM

We're trying to remember what warm feels like FR....my patio furniture has been uncovered for about 2 days this spring. It is currently back under wraps. I keep hoping to be able to go out and enjoy sitting out there but if it's not raining, it is either too chilly or too windy. I know it will be hot and dry soon though, so trying to not complain too much. My peonies seem to have shot up overnight. Oddly, I do have one tree that hasn't leafed out. It has buds but they don't seem to be doing anything. I'm wondering if one of our late frosts damaged the buds. Tree looks healthy otherwise. Just looks odd. Especially since I have another tree of the same species that is fully leafed out (or pretty close anyway)....

Old 05-28-2011, 08:23 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,572,878 times
I miss having kitties, I always had cats pre-kids. DS is too allergic.

I had also heard Bridesmaids was very funny.

Old 05-28-2011, 08:40 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,958,890 times
Good morning all!

Fin - your house is like ours! Over run with cats. Our dog tolerates the kitties too. She does get aggravated, gets up and moves away and they keep following. They don't take a hint well....

Bridesmaids is hilarious. I couldn't watch during the part with the food poisoning though. I have a vomiting phobia....

Old 05-28-2011, 08:58 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,188,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Anyone else sick of hearing about poor wittle Casey Anthony? She's scum of the earth, I hope they send her away for a very long time.
I'm intrigued by her surprise defense about her dad abusing her and Kaylee drowning in the pool. So far it doesn't make much sense. I wish she'd tell the truth and take responsibility for whatever she did.

We have 1 14 year old cat. We'd have more, if she would put up with others. We tried it once. It didn't work. Next time we'll get 2 at once so they can grow up together. She's been up meowing at us since about 6:00 this morning.

We're going skiing tomorrow!

Old 05-28-2011, 08:58 AM

Have fun rkb - what is still open? A-Basin?

Actually - now that I think about it, there was some skiing discussion here for this weekend too. Ski today, golf tomorrow. DH decided that was going to be a bit much for him - LOL.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting