Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2012, 06:47 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,333,588 times

Advertisements

I wish they wouldn't tell who's ahead on the polls. I think it discourages people from voting, no matter who they're voting for. "Hey, my guy/gal's going to win anyway" or "What difference does my vote make? My guy/gal's losing."

Old 10-31-2012, 11:43 AM

2,600 posts, read 3,702,974 times
I had a huge test today. HUGE. Somehow I managed to set my alarm for PM instead of AM so woke up 4 minutes before the test started and showed up 30 minutes late. Although I was still able to take the test, I was frazzled and couldn't think. I'm scared to see my grade. I'm never late for anything ever so felt really upset and embarrassed. My day started off super stressful and just not so great.

Old 10-31-2012, 10:35 PM

31,304 posts, read 33,027,431 times
I'm getting depressed seeing the pictures of the storm damaged areas along the east coast. How sad so much has been lost for so many people. I understand that our local fire department has sent a search and rescue team back there to assist in the needed work. Also I believe there are some national guard units from other states being sent to help, as well the large military aircraft has started moving critical equipment and supplies to the east coast. I'm very impressed with the government's quick action and the ability to have other states respond to the needs. However, bottom line is it remains a big lose for so many people.

Old 10-31-2012, 10:39 PM

3,646 posts, read 5,442,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
I'm getting depressed seeing the pictures of the storm damaged areas along the east coast. How sad so much has been lost for so many people. I understand that our local fire department has sent a search and rescue team back there to assist in the needed work. Also I believe there are some national guard units from other states being sent to help, as well the large military aircraft has started moving critical equipment and supplies to the east coast. I'm very impressed with the government's quick action and the ability to have other states respond to the needs. However, bottom line is it remains a big lose for so many people.

Tonight is the first time I've had the chance to see much coverage and it is so sad. Mainly what I have seen are Staten Island and Queens on the Weather Channel. I imagine some of the news shows will have special coverage this weekend. Isn't there a news show that comes on Thursday nights?

Old 11-01-2012, 08:09 AM

31,304 posts, read 33,027,431 times
I worry about all those who have lost not only a loved one but some also have lost their dog or cat during the storm. Lots of stay animals might not have found cover as well many of the homeless street people. Where do they all go when a storm like that hits?

Old 11-01-2012, 08:46 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,278,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
I worry about all those who have lost not only a loved one but some also have lost their dog or cat during the storm. Lots of stay animals might not have found cover as well many of the homeless street people. Where do they all go when a storm like that hits?
They'll do what they did with Katrina in Louisiana. Get wherever they can out of the water and wait. I watched some of that rescue on TV, people in boats taking them off rooftops or going inside wherever they could. Many are lost forever.

Old 11-01-2012, 05:30 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,422,586 times
I don't now if this is stress or venting. It's just my thought with a little feelings on the side.

If you don't make time for me, then don't expect me to make time for you. Don't give me that BS stuff that life is busy. You make time for the people you care about.

Old 11-01-2012, 06:04 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,899,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianRice View Post
I don't now if this is stress or venting. It's just my thought with a little feelings on the side.

If you don't make time for me, then don't expect me to make time for you. Don't give me that BS stuff that life is busy. You make time for the people you care about.
This is true. If someone's not willing to make time for you, then tell them to move outta the way.

Old 11-01-2012, 06:06 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,899,908 times
My co-workers find me annoying I found out. So today I just kept to myself and didn't talk to anyone for the entire day. Then they tell me I'm rude for not being the first to say hi. Does that even make any sense? Some people really tick me off.

Old 11-02-2012, 04:36 AM

3,399 posts, read 3,110,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
My co-workers find me annoying I found out. So today I just kept to myself and didn't talk to anyone for the entire day. Then they tell me I'm rude for not being the first to say hi. Does that even make any sense? Some people really tick me off.

Annoying???? What the heck?

And the next time they say something to you, this is the appropriate time for you to use Rhett Butler's (Clark Gable) famous quote "Frankly my dear, I don't give a d*mn" Then flit your tail, turn and walk away satisfied that you not only surprised them but confused the rude and crude person. Be sure to smile and really don't give a "s _ _ t" because they aren't worth it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics