Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2012, 08:56 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,257,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
I'm voting for Goofy, Donald, Micky and Minnie

Me, too!

Old 11-04-2012, 09:02 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,281,228 times
Too often, Goofy wins!

Old 11-04-2012, 03:26 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,220,007 times
Last time I checked, hurricanes and other natural disasters do not have political affiliations. So I would really, REALLY appreciate it if certain people on other subforums would just SHUT UP with their partisan rantings. I would also like to see some sign of humanity and compassion over there, instead of whining and complaining because some tax dollars are going to help others. Never mind that we here in the devastated areas pay taxes, too, so that it's not just someone else's money. Who sits around counting dimes when millions of their fellow Americans are suffering? I didn't do that with Katrina, or with September 11. Is this one nation or not? The complaining is tacky, mean-spirited, ugly, and selfish. Jerks.

Old 11-04-2012, 05:39 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,043,498 times
So I went to the grocery store with an insulated bag for my perishables. Why did the checker lady place all the NON-perishables in the insulated bag and the perishables in their plastic? I had to rebag everything but goodness! Doesn't sound like she has much common sense.

Old 11-04-2012, 05:46 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,916,108 times
Angry .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Last time I checked, hurricanes and other natural disasters do not have political affiliations. So I would really, REALLY appreciate it if certain people on other subforums would just SHUT UP with their partisan rantings. I would also like to see some sign of humanity and compassion over there, instead of whining and complaining because some tax dollars are going to help others. Never mind that we here in the devastated areas pay taxes, too, so that it's not just someone else's money. Who sits around counting dimes when millions of their fellow Americans are suffering? I didn't do that with Katrina, or with September 11. Is this one nation or not? The complaining is tacky, mean-spirited, ugly, and selfish. Jerks.
Well said! there are simply too many nutcases out there that feel it's not good to help others. What a non-Christan non-American way of thinking!

Old 11-04-2012, 08:46 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,220,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Well said! there are simply too many nutcases out there that feel it's not good to help others. What a non-Christan non-American way of thinking!
I actually groused about it on FB. Then a friend suggested that as an antidote, we consider how much Americans from all over are donating to the Red Cross and other charities. And he's right. The relief concert raised $23 million alone. That really touched me.

Old 11-04-2012, 09:00 PM

3,646 posts, read 5,426,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
I actually groused about it on FB. Then a friend suggested that as an antidote, we consider how much Americans from all over are donating to the Red Cross and other charities. And he's right. The relief concert raised $23 million alone. That really touched me.
Wow, that's a lot. This is good to hear.

Old 11-05-2012, 12:15 AM

21,577 posts, read 8,751,556 times
On a lighter note, before going out today I picked up a white tube of from my bathroom drawer and proceeded to slather sunscreen all over my hands and arms. Only it wasn't sunscreen. It was toothpaste! Oops. Just call me "Minty Fresh."

Old 11-05-2012, 12:37 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,043,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
On a lighter note, before going out today I picked up a white tube of from my bathroom drawer and proceeded to slather sunscreen all over my hands and arms. Only it wasn't sunscreen. It was toothpaste! Oops. Just call me "Minty Fresh."
LOL! Hi Minty Fresh! Nice to meet ya

Old 11-05-2012, 12:52 AM

5,696 posts, read 19,164,547 times
I hate buying cars. Hate it! I want a specific make of car and there are only a couple of dealers in my area. One up the road from me but I dont care for the place and the others are a few hours drive. So I went the Trucar route and got endless emails and quotes from dealers competing for my business. If Im gonna drive that far then I will expand my search. Been talking to one dealer out of state that seemed the most straight forward and have a large internet sales dept. Lots of people go to this dealer because they are so competitive on pricing and seem to have good experiences. Basically its worth the drive and hassle Im told.

Talked to the sales guy, gave him what I wanted in terms of color, options and so forth. He was very detailed on the phone and in email. He didnt have the color car I wanted on his lot but said he could easily get me one from another dealer. It would take a day or two. He looked it up on the computer and said there were several in the area. All I had to do was give him a small refundable deposit so he could get the car. So I give the deposit and we talked about signing everything on monday which is tomorrow. The last time I heard from him was early last week. So I was sitting here thinking all weekend, what the hell is going on? So I left him a voicemail message and I got some generic email reply that didnt even pertain to my issue. So then I got pissed. I sent him a very stern email. He replied within a hour stating he was still trying to find me a car and acted all huffy that I didnt know this. Even implied that my color choice was a bit difficult. Really, gray? Maybe its popular but its not odd. They will be getting one from the factory in 2 weeks. Soo....did he lie about seeing several cars and being able to get one? Or did just miss out on putting dibs on one and playing it off? I dont get it and his sudden lack of communication is pissing me off. Im gonna talk to him tomorrow. If his sudden confusion continues, then he and I need to part ways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics