Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2012, 01:15 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,273,979 times

Advertisements

Good job, ja1.

Thanks, Dallas. It looks like the storm is not going to be too bad for them. I haven't been near a tv, so I'm not sure where it is right now.

Old 10-30-2012, 01:20 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,955,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
People who make fun of mentally disabled children really need me to introduce my foot to their face. I don't care if you make fun of me or anyone else, but when you make fun of children, let alone MENTALLY DISABLED children, expect me to flip out on you and humiliate you in public.

He was a freakin' grown man too. Obviously not in the head though. Hope he went home tonight to his mom's house to cry on her shoulder after I made him look like the scumbag he is right in the middle of the mall. Then again, he probably still lives at his mommy's house since he's the biggest douchey tool I've ever met in my life.

On a lighter note, the mom thanked me afterwards for sticking up for her and her daughter and I have to say that little girl somehow made my day just by seeing her smile at me after that rotten piece of trash almost made her cry. Wish I could have had more hours on my lunch break to take her and her mother to get ice cream or something to help them forget about the situation.

I hear all the time on the radio and internet about how children today are tormented by bullies for any sort of physical or mental disabilities they possess, and my attitude was always "just suck it up and deal with it; that's life" until today. It made me nearly sick to my stomach to see a dirt bag in his late twenties make such a filthy comment which I should have knocked him straight to the ground for saying to this little girl.

I don't care if she's not the prettiest person you've ever seen; no positive word on this planet will ever be used to describe you as you're a piece of trash who should be thrown in a Cambodian prison and left to rot away. That girl had a heart of gold and NO ONE deserves to be bullied.

You are a good man Ja1myn.

Old 10-30-2012, 01:51 PM

6,434 posts, read 5,254,457 times
That was a terrible thing for that piece of garbage to do. Major kudos to you for protecting her and letting her know there are good people! It lifted her spirits, no doubt about it.

Quote:
People who make fun of mentally disabled children really need me to introduce my foot to their face. I don't care if you make fun of me or anyone else, but when you make fun of children, let alone MENTALLY DISABLED children, expect me to flip out on you and humiliate you in public.

He was a freakin' grown man too. Obviously not in the head though. Hope he went home tonight to his mom's house to cry on her shoulder after I made him look like the scumbag he is right in the middle of the mall. Then again, he probably still lives at his mommy's house since he's the biggest douchey tool I've ever met in my life.

On a lighter note, the mom thanked me afterwards for sticking up for her and her daughter and I have to say that little girl somehow made my day just by seeing her smile at me after that rotten piece of trash almost made her cry. Wish I could have had more hours on my lunch break to take her and her mother to get ice cream or something to help them forget about the situation.

I hear all the time on the radio and internet about how children today are tormented by bullies for any sort of physical or mental disabilities they possess, and my attitude was always "just suck it up and deal with it; that's life" until today. It made me nearly sick to my stomach to see a dirt bag in his late twenties make such a filthy comment which I should have knocked him straight to the ground for saying to this little girl.

I don't care if she's not the prettiest person you've ever seen; no positive word on this planet will ever be used to describe you as you're a piece of trash who should be thrown in a Cambodian prison and left to rot away. That girl had a heart of gold and NO ONE deserves to be bullied.

Old 10-30-2012, 01:54 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,840,488 times
I don't think I've ever snapped like that on someone in my life lol.

In other news, my friend sent me pics of NY and all I can say is holy guacamole.

Old 10-30-2012, 04:51 PM

15,927 posts, read 8,142,530 times
Quote:

What an awesome thing to do! You're the best!

Old 10-30-2012, 10:59 PM

275 posts, read 419,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
I'm dropping off our ballots, probably tomorrow. They usually don't make you wait in line for that. I hope.

how do you get to vote early anyway? we're registered to vote.

Old 10-30-2012, 11:19 PM

2,440 posts, read 3,433,762 times
Quote:
That's my peeve this week, and how I feel about recent twits about the POTUS from the other twitt, Ann Coulter.

Old 10-31-2012, 05:38 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,273,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockNRollRocks View Post
how do you get to vote early anyway? we're registered to vote.
Many states have early voting hours, including Florida. It started Saturday. Actually, we did the Mail-in vote thing..what used to be called absentee balloting. So many people did it without going away that they changed the name.

Old 10-31-2012, 06:10 AM

19,545 posts, read 9,561,689 times
The other day I was watching tv and up popped one of those political commercials. You know they come in pairs [1st one side, then the other] sometimes even get 3 in a row. So, I changed the channel and what do I see? Political commercial. Change channel quick - another political commercial. I must have flipped through 6 channels and they ALL had political commercials on

Old 10-31-2012, 06:15 AM

23,236 posts, read 29,075,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Many states have early voting hours, including Florida. It started Saturday. Actually, we did the Mail-in vote thing..what used to be called absentee balloting. So many people did it without going away that they changed the name.
We have early voting here in Nevada, but when this nightshifter looks at the hours you can vote, given there's 24,000 nightshift workers in this 24 hours city, why oh why, can't they keep one site open, one night, all night, for our benefit! Yeah, Yeah, Yeah! I know! Majority rules!

Most open at 9am, just when I'm heading for bed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.