Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2012, 08:00 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,923,578 times

Advertisements

My friggin' car is about to explode and it's only a 2010. Wish I knew stuff about cars. It's a rough life being a pretty boy.

Old 10-15-2012, 08:14 PM

51,691 posts, read 15,804,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
My friggin' car is about to explode and it's only a 2010. Wish I knew stuff about cars. It's a rough life being a pretty boy.
What do you think is wrong with it? What make is it?

Old 10-15-2012, 08:16 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,923,578 times
It's a Ford Fusion and my co-worker says it sounds like the belt or the fan. I have no idea what those are but they sound expensive. My belt from Armani was like $100 so I can only imagine what it'd be for a car.

Old 10-15-2012, 08:17 PM

51,691 posts, read 15,804,621 times
Quote:
It's a Ford Fusion and my co-worker says it sounds like the belt or the fan. I have no idea what those are but they sound expensive. My belt from Armani was like $100 so I can only imagine what it'd be for a car.
Is the car still under warranty?

Old 10-15-2012, 08:22 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,682,223 times
Quote:

I almost spit my coffee out on my nice pretty computer.

A belt is not that expensive and quite easy to install, so easy even a girl like me can do it and not even break a nail or chip my nail polish........

If it is a belt the belt itself is about $20.00 give or take a few dollars, it is best though to take it to a reputable shop and find out for sure what it is. Without knowing exactly the details of your vehicle it is hard to say the cost for the part though.

Old 10-15-2012, 09:03 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,252,883 times
Chipmunks. Those cute little furry creatures. I was warned they could cause issues but had no idea just how bad. They started trying to dig under our concrete patio for weeks. We buried a board 12 inches deep because we heard they can or only want to dig down 11. Every day for weeks we kept filling in the holes and making sure the board was stopping. So they decided to dig on the other side through the landscaping. Found a nice crack in the patio already. I'm so disappointed because we just spent money this past spring extending it. I knew we should have done a deck instead.

Old 10-15-2012, 09:20 PM

While Im at it...I wish I had a job that I wasn't in constant fear of being fired from. I had no idea when I accepted this position 7 months ago that the company uses scare tactics to keep people in line. I also see the company has a large turn over rate (for good reason). I want to make it a year. I feel like Im living from week to week. I feel like I cant plan anything because who knows if I will have a job. I think about what I will do the first time I get wrote up. Its a two step process. I know this because my new manager pretty much laid out what happens. Great way to meet your new manager, he made a wonderful first impression. They have these odd ball names for being wrote up. Sounds like a trip to a spa. The rejuvenation plan or something like that. The first time I heard about it, I thought hmmm...what is that? So I guess my plan is, if I get wrote up then I need to put in my resignation. It took me a long time to find this job with a prior spotty work history. Being a stay at home mom, school and then trying to freelance. I dont know what would be worse, quitting the job or getting fired. Im thinking getting fired would look worse. My current work record is pretty good, I am meeting their expectations, had a wonderful review a few weeks ago and got a raise but after speaking with this new boss I feel like things could go bad at any moment.

Old 10-15-2012, 09:28 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,147,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingwater View Post
While Im at it...I wish I had a job that I wasn't in constant fear of being fired from. I had no idea when I accepted this position 7 months ago that the company uses scare tactics to keep people in line. I also see the company has a large turn over rate (for good reason). I want to make it a year. I feel like Im living from week to week. I feel like I cant plan anything because who knows if I will have a job. I think about what I will do the first time I get wrote up. Its a two step process. I know this because my new manager pretty much laid out what happens. Great way to meet your new manager, he made a wonderful first impression. They have these odd ball names for being wrote up. Sounds like a trip to a spa. The rejuvenation plan or something like that. The first time I heard about it, I thought hmmm...what is that? So I guess my plan is, if I get wrote up then I need to put in my resignation. It took me a long time to find this job with a prior spotty work history. Being a stay at home mom, school and then trying to freelance. I dont know what would be worse, quitting the job or getting fired. Im thinking getting fired would look worse. My current work record is pretty good, I am meeting their expectations, had a wonderful review a few weeks ago and got a raise but after speaking with this new boss I feel like things could go bad at any moment.
That is an awful work environment to be in ... My first real job out of college was for this small company. One of the owners took a dislike to me and always found opportunities to make me aware of this fact ... He would always hold my job over my head and once threatened to fire me if I did not "fix my hearing" within two weeks ... Thank God he was bluffing and I would up quitting for a better job.

If I were you, I would look for another job. The fact that you already have one makes you more marketable then when you were unemployed. Your sanity and health is much too important to continue in this toxic environment. I wish you the best.

Old 10-15-2012, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
That is an awful work environment to be in ... My first real job out of college was for this small company. One of the owners took a dislike to me and always found opportunities to make me aware of this fact ... He would always hold my job over my head and once threatened to fire me if I did not "fix my hearing" within two weeks ... Thank God he was bluffing and I would up quitting for a better job.

If I were you, I would look for another job. The fact that you already have one makes you more marketable then when you were unemployed. Your sanity and health is much too important to continue in this toxic environment. I wish you the best.
Thank you. I was working on my resume earlier. I just wonder how it looks to an potential employer that I am job searching only after 7 months? I feel like Im in a pickle.

Old 10-16-2012, 05:40 AM

3,399 posts, read 3,118,633 times
Darn...how in the world am I supposed to make this month's financial budget stretch to include a license plate renewal and two wedding presents and three birthdays.

Last edited by rural chick; 10-16-2012 at 06:05 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics