Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2008, 08:26 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,545,660 times

Advertisements

A picture of your horse, Lola, would be nice..

Kari's a Rootin Tootin Cowgirl!!

Old 09-15-2008, 11:58 AM

3,724 posts, read 9,328,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
A picture of your horse, Lola, would be nice..

Kari's a Rootin Tootin Cowgirl!!
You're welcome to bring your camera by.

Old 09-15-2008, 07:49 PM

215 posts, read 525,312 times
Default Stormy weather!

Kari, I'm glad to hear you're not in the creeks way. That is so cool about your new friend. I sure hope "you are" pregnant. If you get it broken by the time I get back there (if we should all live that long) I'll take him for a spin with you, to town. How have the dogs reacted?

RB swing on by and take some pics, and keep them coming if she starts "sprouting" so we can see the progress. Aren't youse guys neighbors?

I have heard no complaining about the rain, so I guess the news out here was a little blown out of proportion. They showed Ike swinging much further west than predicted and I was afraid everyone was going to get hammered. I sure hope not.

Old 09-15-2008, 07:58 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,990,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCntryBumpkin View Post
I was afraid everyone was going to get hammered. .........
Got hammered...........Ike had nothing to do with it...........

Old 09-15-2008, 08:04 PM

215 posts, read 525,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Got hammered...........Ike had nothing to do with it...........

GP - Again????? But you were just preppin' just in case, right?

Old 09-15-2008, 08:23 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,545,660 times
Default OK State Fair pics

Had an MD appt in OKC, so we stopped by the Oklahoma State Fair.

Okie state fair pics.

Is this the missing okies? Or is it Colleeng and her DH on new job. Maybe Synopse and Seabiscuit! No, wait, its Redbird and Uncle Don! Kari and LR!!

Horses and art. Pretty cool, eh.

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff275/redbird4848/100_2720.jpg (broken link)

This 4 year old Clydesdale hails from Yukon, OK. He's getting new shoes. The next pic is Don holding one of the shoes just before they put it on his right rear hoof. That shoe must've weighed 4 lbs!

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff275/redbird4848/100_2761.jpg (broken link)

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff275/redbird4848/100_2770.jpg (broken link)

This paint was made by using different types of wood. Very cool. Reminded me of Karibear's new war pony she bought for her new boyfriend, FutureCntryBumpkin.

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff275/redbird4848/100_2724.jpg (broken link)

Last edited by _redbird_; 09-15-2008 at 08:42 PM..

Old 09-15-2008, 08:50 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,990,352 times
Quote:
GP - Again????? But you were just preppin' just in case, right?
Nope....just sittin on the porch waiting for a tornado to come by...........

Old 09-15-2008, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Kari, I'm glad to hear you're not in the creeks way. That is so cool about your new friend. I sure hope "you are" pregnant. If you get it broken by the time I get back there (if we should all live that long) I'll take him for a spin with you, to town. How have the dogs reacted?

RB swing on by and take some pics, and keep them coming if she starts "sprouting" so we can see the progress. Aren't youse guys neighbors?

I have heard no complaining about the rain, so I guess the news out here was a little blown out of proportion. They showed Ike swinging much further west than predicted and I was afraid everyone was going to get hammered. I sure hope not.
The dogs have reacted as dogs will. They all want to circle behind and sniff her as if she was just another biiiig dog. She, however, does not want anything behind her, so they are temporarily tied when they are out. One of them thinks horse apples are the neatest perfume in the world, so she's had a bath - of course - since she also sleeps on my bed. And she's very busy making lots of 'apples' for them, I've shoveled up at least 2 1/2 5 gal buckets full in a day and a half. And, naturally, the guy who was supposed to come by and give a quote on fencing in the grove for me was a no-show.

Just an ordinary day in the life.

Old 09-15-2008, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
Had an MD appt in OKC, so we stopped by the Oklahoma State Fair.

Okie state fair pics.

Is this the missing okies? Or is it Colleeng and her DH on new job. Maybe Synopse and Seabiscuit! No, wait, its Redbird and Uncle Don! Kari and LR!!

Horses and art. Pretty cool, eh.

This 4 year old Clydesdale hails from Yukon, OK. He's getting new shoes. The next pic is Don holding one of the shoes just before they put it on his right rear hoof. That shoe must've weighed 4 lbs!

This paint was made by using different types of wood. Very cool. Reminded me of Karibear's new war pony she bought for her new boyfriend, FutureCntryBumpkin.
One of these days, RB...

I have always liked Clydesdales, along with Shires and the Suffolk Punch. I can just imagine knights in armor 5-600 years ago riding them to joust, and even earlier in the Crusades. Kind of hard on the horses, but still a neat picture. A horse would have to be that big to carry the weight of the knight, his armor, and the armor for the horse itself as well.

Old 09-15-2008, 09:10 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,792,483 times
Liked your Fair pics, RB. We went to the fair yesterday. It was beautiful weather, and we had a really good time. Ate all the "fair" food; indian tacos, cinnamon buns, corn dog, lemonade, roasted corn. We did other things besides eat, too. We had Anna's pic taken at one of those "old time picture" stands. They had her dressed in a saloon girl outfit with a JD bottle in her lap. Very dignified. She also had her pic taken with two sea lions.

We saw a very silly, and funny old west show, saw stunt riders do their thing, and took in some of the displays. We're going back Saturday for the rodeo, and will be able to see all the things we missed (and eat all the food we missed, too!) Great times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma