Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2008, 01:35 PM

215 posts, read 525,867 times

Advertisements

RB. Great news about UD. I hate age and the health issues that come with it, but whatcha gonna do?

Schousse and GP. That sounds like a fun trip. Cool to get to meet the names on here. As low as I keep my gas tank these days, it makes me wonder just how many other people are doing that and if you guys had to syphon many many tanks along the way, or can you guys afford to eat AND buy gas too?

Synopsis. It's a GOOD thing that you had to get back to work, right? I can see the hesitation though. Is it really worth it to miss more of a good meal?

Karibear. Are you PG yet? (I mean Lola of course -- cool name). Still waitin' for pics RB's gonna take.

LR behind the wheel looks just like me driving into LA - without the dress and hair, of course! The hair IS the same color though!!

Have been lurking around, and I can't remember if these are all on the chattin thread or a compendium of them all.

Has anyone heard from or have a report on CG? I sure miss his stuff around here.

Old 09-26-2008, 01:55 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,337,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCntryBumpkin View Post
Karibear. Are you PG yet? (I mean Lola of course -- cool name). Still waitin' for pics RB's gonna take.
I'm waiting for the pix, too. I don't know if she's really pg or not - we'll see if/when the baby arrives next summer. The snotty thing - I've been working with her, trying to get her to put her head into a halter, which she'll do as long as I'm not holding it - then last night she stole it right out of the garage/warehouse/barn and hid it somewhere. I looked for it all morning and couldn't find it. I know she didn't eat it, but it sure is gone. I'll get even, though, I have a spare.

Old 09-26-2008, 02:12 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,567,886 times
Quote:
LR behind the wheel looks just like me driving into LA - without the dress and hair, of course! The hair IS the same color though!!

Have been lurking around, and I can't remember if these are all on the chattin thread or a compendium of them all.
FuturePumpkin, you'll just have to move to Oklahoma, so you can hang out with the really cool people instead of spending all your money on gas.

I can just see you in the car with synopse and GP, or cpguy hitting the road for some okra and chicken fried steak. You dudes rock.

Old 09-26-2008, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karibear View Post
The snotty thing - I've been working with her, trying to get her to put her head into a halter, which she'll do as long as I'm not holding it - then last night she stole it right out of the garage/warehouse/barn and hid it somewhere.

Oh boy! She does sound cool. Is she gentle too? It seems so. You are a lucky lady. Enjoy her.

Old 09-26-2008, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
FuturePumpkin, you'll just have to move to Oklahoma, so you can hang out with the really cool people instead of spending all your money on gas.

And you can bet I kin hurdly wait. RM doing some new health ditties too, so we gonna take it one step at a time. Sure slows down the process though, not to mention scaring the crap outta one. The way things are goin' these days, we're gonna look like the BeverlyHillbillies. Furgit Penske. Probably will turn the shell on pickup upside down, strap what we have on and escape with necessities. (And that's if we can unload this dump!) Oh what a garage sale it shall be. Why DO we acquire???

If we get into the sticks as hoped, we will have to sell all the beer cans so we can hang out with the cool ones - or syphon. (The latest craze here!)
If they can't get thru your locked caps and all, they take an ice pick to the tank.

Old 09-26-2008, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Oh boy! She does sound cool. Is she gentle too? It seems so. You are a lucky lady. Enjoy her.
She is gentle. Friendly, follows me around like the dogs, nuzzles my back if she thinks she needs more attention, loves to knock over the boxes still outside, eats out of my hand - anything and everything that doesn't include ropes or halters. Those freak her out big time. She's also a bit spooky around strange people, but it depends on where she is. If she's already outside, she's curious enough to come see if whoever it is has something to eat, but if she's inside she takes off and keeps her distance. Quirky.

And I am going to have such a compost pile in the spring, when it's time to get gardens going...

Old 09-26-2008, 06:50 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,567,886 times
You mean you keep your HOSS inside the house?!!!! LOL! knee-slapper LOL!

Girl, you ARE Hill Country dee-luxe!

Old 09-26-2008, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
You mean you keep your HOSS inside the house?!!!! LOL! knee-slapper LOL!

Girl, you ARE Hill Country dee-luxe!
Not the house, she hasn't figured out how the stairs work yet. She's taken over the garage/warehouse/now barn. Very inspirational, her shenanigans, in getting me to take as much as possible inside the house as quickly as possible. She's much more creative than the dogs at getting into stuff. The house, of course, is getting so overstuffed it's beyond funny now.

Old 09-27-2008, 11:49 AM

Default Compost!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karibear View Post

And I am going to have such a compost pile in the spring, when it's time to get gardens going...
THAT hadn't entered my mind. But between her and your neighbors' chickens it seems you should have a great garden. My poor sandpile hasn't produced squat. I wonder how much it would cost to get some of your "stuff" mailed out here? (peeee-yeeewwww)

Old 09-27-2008, 12:25 PM

Quote:
THAT hadn't entered my mind. But between her and your neighbors' chickens it seems you should have a great garden. My poor sandpile hasn't produced squat. I wonder how much it would cost to get some of your "stuff" mailed out here? (peeee-yeeewwww)
You know, you actually can buy organic composted manure in 5 and 10 lb bags [I think] on ebay. Someone up in New England is doing it. I can't quite see doing it myself, but different strokes, and all that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma