Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2008, 08:01 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,460,069 times

Advertisements

Aren't OK and Ark. supposed to be getting some torrential rains from the remnants of Gustav?

Old 09-02-2008, 09:18 AM

2,919 posts, read 6,832,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
Aren't OK and Ark. supposed to be getting some torrential rains from the remnants of Gustav?
/quickly hides inflatable raft...

Whatever makes you think that Jammie??

http://www.wfaa.com/weather/myownradar/okc_dfw.gif (broken link)

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h61/jimeezlady/smileees/lmao.gif (broken link)

Actually the weather guys in OUR area aren't predicting much rain at all! Something like a 10% chance on Wednesday and that's it.

But then again we had storms pop up all around us a few days ago and the local station's radar showed NOTHING! I hope that isn't what they are basing their predictions on.

Old 09-02-2008, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakapp49 View Post
I have been missing in action with getting a new computer all set. As well as a rushed Summer. Missed you folks.
OMG, I was some surprised to see this picture of the moose. It SUPPOSEDLY was here in NH up north in Colebrook. The story and pictured caused a bit of a stir. It apparently is a "doctored" photo. BUT, the photo was taken back in the early '40's. The technology to alter pictures wasn't what it is today. My question was then, when I first read the article and now.......Can you change an older photo to make it look like this Bull moose was hasnessed ?
These animals look slow and dumb, but like the Buffalo, they can run well and get agitated real easy. necabin
Hiya Jane!! http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h61/jimeezlady/smileees/wavey.gif (broken link) Good to see you back. Aren't new computers fun?? A whole new learning experience.

To answer your question, yes... it is very easy to doctor an old photo and make it look different we do it all the time around here.

Old 09-03-2008, 10:08 AM

OMG! Well, it looks like OK is kind of lucking out, but your neighbor is getting drenched!

A town about 75 miles north of here got 5.5 inches of rain yesterday morning and that wasn't even from a cane.

Old 09-03-2008, 12:23 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,329,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
OMG! Well, it looks like OK is kind of lucking out, but your neighbor is getting drenched!

A town about 75 miles north of here got 5.5 inches of rain yesterday morning and that wasn't even from a cane.
We had some rain last night, but so far no thunders and lightnings. Lots of wind, though. My one dog doesn't like wind, she got too many cedar limbs dropped on her when we were in WA, and if it's really windy, I have to go out and hlold her paw while she does her thing. Spoiled rotten, she is.

Old 09-06-2008, 01:54 PM

Kari, our little furry family members are SUPPOSED to be that way. I don't call it "spoiled". I call it "loved".

Did you guys know that Ok hit the big time again in a publication? If anyone gets the AARP mag, check out the suggestions for scenic autumn drives. Yup, the Talamina (sp?) Drive was one of the four or five suggestions.

Old 09-06-2008, 05:05 PM

12 posts, read 22,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRobyn View Post
Hiya Jane!! Good to see you back. Aren't new computers fun?? A whole new learning experience.

To answer your question, yes... it is very easy to doctor an old photo and make it look different we do it all the time around here.
Thank you LadyRobyn. It is great to be back in here. Yeah, new computers can be a challenge. Especially this one. It is a laptop.
Anyways, thanks for setting me straight. I remember when it was dug up here in NH. Cause a lot of talk.
Hope those sunday trips are still going.
still love seeing those pictures and ArmyWife( hope that is the right name.
Keep 'em coming. Jane

Old 09-07-2008, 08:25 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,548,762 times
Quote:
Hiya Jane!! Good to see you back. Aren't new computers fun?? A whole new learning experience.

Hiya Jane or is it necabin?, good to see you back on the okie forums. A lot has changed since you were in the slammer. Okie Gov Brad Henry has decided to update his image since watching Chad on Million Dollar Listing. Check out his new 'do!

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff275/redbird4848/GovHenrywithbeatlehaircut.jpg (broken link)

Old 09-08-2008, 10:08 AM

Default mkfarnam--MIA?

Has anyone heard from MK lately? It's been about 5 days since he has been anywhere on the net. Thinking I should drive by his place later...

Old 09-08-2008, 11:18 AM

3,238 posts, read 8,793,085 times
Quote:
Has anyone heard from MK lately? It's been about 5 days since he has been anywhere on the net. Thinking I should drive by his place later...
No, he sometimes dm's me, but I haven't heard from him. In fact, I was just about to post a new thread entitled "What Happened to All The OK Posters?" Our happy little group has shrivled to only a few posters, and frankly, things have gotten VERY boring. Come on, let's get this thing going again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma