Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2009, 10:31 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,996,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
We know someone who is looking to give away a horse.
Tell me about the horse.......

Old 03-09-2009, 11:04 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,465,814 times
SO.....are the leaves budding out on the trees yet? I just checked the weather and it's still 73 down there. (Tulsa) AND the windchill is minus 2 here right now. A whole 75 degree difference and DH wonders why I don't like winters here.

Old 03-10-2009, 08:36 AM

3,238 posts, read 8,794,653 times
Quote:
I like your use of "we". We are not going to commit to any gathering right now, as Uncle Don's health has been really bad for the past month.

I went to the big town on Sunday and he couldn't go. So I was forced to stop at Remington Park on my own.
RB, I'm so sorry about Uncle Don's health. DH has had a bad cold for over 3 weeks now, and is just now starting to feel better. Scott was to the doctor yesterday because he's had a cold and bad cough for a few weeks too. Dr. gave him steriods. There are a lot of things going around now. A man I work with has been on three different antibiotics so far trying to get rid of his.

I agree we can wait until Uncle Don is feeling better, and maybe closer to you for our gathering. We want everyone included.

Forced! Ha!

Old 03-10-2009, 09:02 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,553,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Tell me about the horse.......
No news, she is off today. I will ask her husband and DM you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by colleeng47 View Post
RB, I'm so sorry about Uncle Don's health. DH has had a bad cold for over 3 weeks now, and is just now starting to feel better. Scott was to the doctor yesterday because he's had a cold and bad cough for a few weeks too. Dr. gave him steriods. There are a lot of things going around now. A man I work with has been on three different antibiotics so far trying to get rid of his.
So you guys are the ground zero and typhoid Mary. We have had that same bug for at least 3 weeks.

Old 03-10-2009, 03:06 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,153,412 times
Hey ya'all,

RB, we've been reading all the wonderful support people are giving you and Uncle Don in referance to his health, our prayers are with you both. He's very lucky to have a nephew such as yourself to take care of him, God Bless you big guy.

Now, as it stands I've been temporarily laid-off (again), just for three weeks top until asphalt season kicks into high gear again. So, Bjb123 and I are talking about making a run for Oklahoma on some badly needed R&R to get away from the Buckeye states weather . I'll let you all know when we plan on blasting out of here and finally see some sunshine, our on-line Okie friends, OKC and of course Ft Sill once again. Oh, and it will be in a week or so if we do it. Keep your fingers crossed.

Chow all

Old 03-10-2009, 04:30 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,444,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post
Hey ya'all,

RB, we've been reading all the wonderful support people are giving you and Uncle Don in referance to his health, our prayers are with you both. He's very lucky to have a nephew such as yourself to take care of him, God Bless you big guy.

Now, as it stands I've been temporarily laid-off (again), just for three weeks top until asphalt season kicks into high gear again. So, Bjb123 and I are talking about making a run for Oklahoma on some badly needed R&R to get away from the Buckeye states weather . I'll let you all know when we plan on blasting out of here and finally see some sunshine, our on-line Okie friends, OKC and of course Ft Sill once again. Oh, and it will be in a week or so if we do it. Keep your fingers crossed.

Chow all
SeabeeBolt
LadyRobyn and myself are about 30 min's from Ft Sill.

Old 03-10-2009, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post
Hey ya'all,
I'll let you all know when we plan on blasting out of here and finally see some sunshine, our on-line Okie friends, OKC and of course Ft Sill once again.
Don't do it!

Haven't you heard?! There are tornadoes here! Your pickup might get dirty! The roads are horrible! No upscale grocery stores! Horrible backwards people wearing cowboy hats! And worst of all... conservative bible-thumping christians!!!! The list goes on and on!

Well, alright...if'n you do get a wild hair up your <cough> and go to OKC, let us know when, so we can meet you at Colleeng's favorite greasy spoon! Just don't expect any "culture" here. This ain't New York city or Paris for gosh sake.

Old 03-10-2009, 07:34 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,331,171 times
Quote:
Don't do it!

Haven't you heard?! There are tornadoes here! Your pickup might get dirty! The roads are horrible! No upscale grocery stores! Horrible backwards people wearing cowboy hats! And worst of all... conservative bible-thumping christians!!!! The list goes on and on!

Well, alright...if'n you do get a wild hair up your <cough> and go to OKC, let us know when, so we can meet you at Colleeng's favorite greasy spoon! Just don't expect any "culture" here. This ain't New York city or Paris for gosh sake.
You tell 'em, RB!

Old 03-10-2009, 07:43 PM

215 posts, read 525,557 times
Kari - that sounds like a good idea with the house lottery. I haven't even check around, but I'll be there are a lot of them trying that now out here. I'm glad Lola is coming around. When I FINALLY make it, maybe she'll be ride-able??? Of course these days, if I should do something that foolish I'd probably get bucked off and break a hip and that would be that.

LR - my nose is definately pointed in the right direction. Just gotta be patient and it will come, I do know that. I sure wish it would be sooner than later. I want to join in on the group get togethers, but too far to drive right now. Soon. I swear I saw Peggy D pop up but I may have been groggy and looking at something old. I can't remember where I was lurking but it was just in the past few days.

Old 03-10-2009, 09:44 PM

Sad news about the Alabama shootings. They don't seem to be discussing it on their state threads, though.

At least 10 dead in two-town Alabama shooting spree - CNN.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma