Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2009, 07:27 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,331,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
That's a long walk..
That's why I said whoever organizes it has to remember to organize a ride for me!

Old 03-09-2009, 07:45 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,555,059 times
We know someone who is looking to give away a horse. That's right, for free. If anyone is interested, let me know. I have to get the info. I don't know how long it will be there. BTW, kari we also know someone who has parakeets....for free. I have no details on the horse. I asked what kind and she said she didn't know. Geez, this sounds like tradio.

It is probably a glue factory sway back. (just kidding)

Yes, futurecountrybumpkin was one guy wanting to move ~back~. He is cool and I hope he makes it, but I saw the name educator on the archives of okie chat. Oi vay, another senior moment of CRS.

Hope everyone is enjoying the tornado watch until 10 pm. Don't git skeert!

Old 03-09-2009, 07:49 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,795,135 times
Well, I'm all for another lunch at a buffet-type restaurant. I prefer OKC, but that's because it's closest for us. But we can do anywhere. Only thing is this year we're both working, so it would have to be a Saturday or maybe a Sunday brunch would be nice. We'll get you a ride, Kari.

Old 03-09-2009, 07:56 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,555,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colleeng47 View Post
Well, I'm all for another lunch at a buffet-type restaurant. I prefer OKC, but that's because it's closest for us. But we can do anywhere. Only thing is this year we're both working, so it would have to be a Saturday or maybe a Sunday brunch would be nice. We'll get you a ride, Kari.
I like your use of "we". We are not going to commit to any gathering right now, as Uncle Don's health has been really bad for the past month.

I went to the big town on Sunday and he couldn't go. So I was forced to stop at Remington Park on my own.

Old 03-09-2009, 08:12 PM

215 posts, read 525,581 times
Hey youse guys. I are still alive (questionable) and lurking. Yes the economy has made matters even worse, but one way or the other, I'm gonna relocate. Probably not REAL soon, but it will still be OK and hopefully Tahlequah area. At least I haven't quit yet and they haven't canned my arse, so save, save, save. Things WILL GET BETTER. I just wish sooner than later.

Kari: How's Lola? Is she getting any friendlier? I hope you are well. It sounds like it.

RB: You did a funny on me with that "friend" bit. I went there and tried to do something, but I have no idea what happened. I guess I'd better take the time to read up on CD. Sorry to hear about Don.

Too much has happened back there. It's in the back of my mind, but I can't drag out EVERYTHING I've read. Coleen's new pet for Anna. Peggy popped up again. Just wonder about TheComputerGuy a lot. I sure hope things are going ok for them. Things are sucky for a lot of people right now but I am WATCHING and I know it will all get better eventually. WHADAYA GONNA DO?

Man, at this age I'm just hoping I can make it back there. I want to be outta here sooooooo bad, you can't believe. RM's clots and no insurance has been a bit of a drag too, but again; WHADAYA GONNA DO?

Old 03-09-2009, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
We know someone who is looking to give away a horse. That's right, for free. If anyone is interested, let me know. I have to get the info. I don't know how long it will be there. BTW, kari we also know someone who has parakeets....for free. I have no details on the horse. I asked what kind and she said she didn't know. Geez, this sounds like tradio.

It is probably a glue factory sway back. (just kidding)

Yes, futurecountrybumpkin was one guy wanting to move ~back~. He is cool and I hope he makes it, but I saw the name educator on the archives of okie chat. Oi vay, another senior moment of CRS.

Hope everyone is enjoying the tornado watch until 10 pm. Don't git skeert!
Parakeets I can do, not another horse. Now, if I had as much land as you do, I'd take it!

It's probably the kind with 4 legs.

Old 03-09-2009, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCntryBumpkin View Post
Hey youse guys. I are still alive (questionable) and lurking. Yes the economy has made matters even worse, but one way or the other, I'm gonna relocate. Probably not REAL soon, but it will still be OK and hopefully Tahlequah area. At least I haven't quit yet and they haven't canned my arse, so save, save, save. Things WILL GET BETTER. I just wish sooner than later.

Kari: How's Lola? Is she getting any friendlier? I hope you are well. It sounds like it.

RB: You did a funny on me with that "friend" bit. I went there and tried to do something, but I have no idea what happened. I guess I'd better take the time to read up on CD. Sorry to hear about Don.

Too much has happened back there. It's in the back of my mind, but I can't drag out EVERYTHING I've read. Coleen's new pet for Anna. Peggy popped up again. Just wonder about TheComputerGuy a lot. I sure hope things are going ok for them. Things are sucky for a lot of people right now but I am WATCHING and I know it will all get better eventually. WHADAYA GONNA DO?

Man, at this age I'm just hoping I can make it back there. I want to be outta here sooooooo bad, you can't believe. RM's clots and no insurance has been a bit of a drag too, but again; WHADAYA GONNA DO?
Have you considered trying to sell via lottery? That was a big thing about 30 years ago, I don't know why more people aren't trying it now. You sell a chance on the house for like 50.00 - whoever buys a chance has to write an essay on why they deserve to win. You have a reserve number of chances, like however many you need to sell to cover the payout on your own mortgage, all the entry fees go into an escrow account to be refunded if the reserve isn't met, and all the essays are evaluated by an independent professor of your choice from the nearest college or university. I entered one once, a 25.00 chance to get a big B&B in New England. The people who won were a young couple, he was a professional chef and she'd worked in several hotels, so they were perfect.

Lola is definitely getting friendlier. She's started licking my hand when I pet her, which is kind of strange. I've never had a horse lick my hand before!

Old 03-09-2009, 09:27 PM

2,919 posts, read 6,834,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karibear View Post
Come on, you guys! Isn't anyone interested in a Second Annual Okie Get-together?
Absolutely!!! It is kinda hard to commit without a date and location though. It would have to be a weekend for us as well... just send up a flare if you decide and we will do our best.

Old 03-09-2009, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCntryBumpkin View Post
Peggy popped up again. ...
She did?? Where?? Why wasn't I notified?? I miss that Lady.

It is good to see you FutureCntryBumpkin! You were missed. Just keep your heart and head pointed in the right direction and the rest will follow.

It did for us, when we least expected it!

Old 03-09-2009, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
I like your use of "we". We are not going to commit to any gathering right now, as Uncle Don's health has been really bad for the past month.
Give Uncle Don a kiss on the forehead from me... There is something in the air this year that is bad for anyone with breathing probs. I have been keeping close tabs on a dear neighbor of mine who has been very ill since Christmas-time...

Hopefully we can work a get-together close enough for you to make it... it wouldn't be the same without you and Uncle D.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma