Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2009, 09:09 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,470,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karibear View Post
Wow! That was fast, though I'd rather have the sprinkly rain overnight than in the daytime. Now I have 3 dogs staring at the door, waiting for me to open it up into sunshine again. THey keep looking at me like it's MY fault their toes get wet.
It rained in Duncan and SW Ok, last night. My dog "Murphy" wanted out out around midnight. He's usually only gone 10-15 min's, but he woke me up @ 5:30am scratching at the door and soak-n-wet. I opened the door, he came running in and jumped up on my bed. So that kept me up for the ret of the day

Old 03-12-2009, 09:26 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,979,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
It rained in Duncan and SW Ok, last night. My dog "Murphy" wanted out out around midnight. He's usually only gone 10-15 min's, but he woke me up @ 5:30am scratching at the door and soak-n-wet. I opened the door, he came running in and jumped up on my bed. So that kept me up for the ret of the day
So did he jump in and shake himself off? I have a mental picture of your "peaceful" night MK...

Old 03-12-2009, 09:37 AM

3,724 posts, read 9,341,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
So did he jump in and shake himself off? I have a mental picture of your "peaceful" night MK...
BTDT. I think we had some sleet, too. I just took some stuff out to the mail box and my front deck crunched! Which also explains why Lola is also looking like a large drowned rat again - she doesn't like the sound of anything but rain falling on the roof over her head. Silly horse.

Old 03-12-2009, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Yes, so my sheets were/are wet and I'll have to take them to the laundrymat before the day's over
Murphy don't go roaming that often, so there must be another dog in heat. He's not nuitered. The last dog I had nuitered went into a depression, and this was a Police dog.

Old 03-12-2009, 09:49 AM

3,238 posts, read 8,802,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRobyn View Post
Yeah... We like to wander down Main every once in awhile to see what is new. I will make sure you know if/when Seabee and B visit and we can all meet OK??
Yes, pllleeeaassee do! I need to see friends! I'm getting cabin fever!

Old 03-12-2009, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colleeng47 View Post
Yes, pllleeeaassee do! I need to see friends! I'm getting cabin fever!
So do you want to come down to Duncan or Lawton?

Old 03-12-2009, 10:58 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,496,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdude View Post
I havent seen 90 degree temps in more than a year. Up here in Indiana it rarely will exceed 85 degrees. sure how much rain do you want?? We are to expecting snow and freezing temps. (although most people up here are hard wired and like cold temps!! I know that sounds crazy but its true!)
OH, you guys have gotten drenched over there. I have relatives who live in northern Ind. and it sounds like a mess. The area around Elkhart must really be having problems. I think OK has nicer weather then you do and definitely nicer weather then I have. But that doesn't take much.

Has anyone had any freezing rain this morning? I can't believe that it got a bit chilly down there after all the beautiful weather you've been having.

Old 03-12-2009, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
OH, you guys have gotten drenched over there. I have relatives who live in northern Ind. and it sounds like a mess. The area around Elkhart must really be having problems. I think OK has nicer weather then you do and definitely nicer weather then I have. But that doesn't take much.

Has anyone had any freezing rain this morning? I can't believe that it got a bit chilly down there after all the beautiful weather you've been having.
Hi Jammie,
The low's have been in th 20's.

Old 03-12-2009, 02:24 PM

2,919 posts, read 6,840,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post
Probibly Italian, because your always hungry 20 minutes after eating chinese . But then again, I'm game for anything, except for mexican food or spicey foods. I have a theory about hot spicey foods,"if you have to add alot of spices to it in order to eat it, then it wasn't meant to be eaten in the first place". But thats just me
If you get hungry 20 min after eating at our favorite Chinese place, you either ate the wrong stuff or not enough!! It is a Buffet with about 40-50 choices. In addition to the standard Chinese fare you can have Fried Chicken, Fried Potatoes, Summer Sausage, and Breaded Fried Zucchini.

Our New Italian Place is yummy though! Here is their Menu: Napolis Italian Restaurant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post
Bjb123 and I are Huge "Olive Garden" fans Yum! Yum!
Duncan doesn't have the population base to draw the bigger name restaurants... we keep hoping we will reach the magic number some day. Lucky for you there IS one in Lawton though!

-----------------------------------
In other news... Hubby is home sick hacking and wheezing. Chest cold + Chronic Asthma tends to turn into pneumonia with him. Hopefully he will be better soon AND not pass it to anyone else.

Old 03-12-2009, 02:27 PM

2,919 posts, read 6,840,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdude View Post

2 to 3 inches? Okie-dokie!
Thanks gdude!! The fire danger has gone down and maybe things will start greening up a little!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma