Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2009, 03:44 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,957,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
Meers was a veritable ghost shack the last time I went there. Hope the food hasn't changed. It just seemed to have 3 tables and the whole front end was empty.

You might also want to consider Mountain Park. That is a cool place.
The less people there the better. I don't want to wait in line, which is what I hear it is like most times.

Let's give the place some "bizness!"

Old 03-15-2009, 03:56 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,563,186 times
Default Warning: Blood pressure check

White House officials and some members of Congress reacted strongly Sunday to news that insurance giant AIG had intended to pay out $165 million in bonuses and compensation. The company has received at least $170 billion in federal bailout money.
AIG lost a record $62 billion in the fourth quarter of 2008. It has more than 74 million insurance policies issued in 130 countries around the world.

If that doesn't beat all. Okay, so people earn bonus' for running a company into the ground.

AIG's insistence on bonuses raises ire in Washington - CNN.com

Old 03-15-2009, 04:18 PM

Hey redbird, the big corporate CEOs have to have their golden parachutes dontcha know?

How are those poor wretches to survive while we common folk eek out a living on practically nothing?

Have you no sympathy?

Two or three mansions are not easy to upkeep my friend.

This country is turning into the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. There is no middle class any more.

Old 03-15-2009, 04:22 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,454,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post
Hey LR and MK,

What do you think about Synopsis's idea on the Meers Burger joint? Give me a yell back and let us know if its do'able.
Where's it located?

Old 03-15-2009, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Where's it located?
Meers, Oklahoma. Just on the northern edge of the Wichita Mountains.

Use google maps at Google Maps. Type in "meers, ok."

Old 03-15-2009, 05:06 PM

17,998 posts, read 9,079,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Gimee Gimee some!
alright boys come and get it!!!
Quote:
The less people there the better. I don't want to wait in line, which is what I hear it is like most times.

Let's give the place some "bizness!"

I agree!! the lesser people the better!!

Old 03-15-2009, 09:01 PM

2,919 posts, read 6,836,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post
Hey LR and MK,

What do you think about Synopsis's idea on the Meers Burger joint? Give me a yell back and let us know if its do'able.
If J is feeling well enough by then it is very doable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
Meers was a veritable ghost shack the last time I went there. Hope the food hasn't changed. It just seemed to have 3 tables and the whole front end was empty.

You might also want to consider Mountain Park. That is a cool place.
Lucky you!! The only time we went it was PACKED, Noisy and we had to wait about 20 min to get a table. ... I loved the place and the *decor* but I was a little underwhelmed by the food and the service. I would love to give them a second chance though. I didn't have the famed Meer's burger, I ordered a regular cheese burger and a side of Chili. The Burger was ok and the Chili was quite good! But... our Son-in-law ordered the Chicken Fried Steak which LOOKED amazing but it was mostly raw in the middle.

I love a good rare steak, but Chicken Fried running blood into gravy looked nasty Unfortunately our waitress was running herself ragged and she never made it back to our table until we were done and ready to leave...

I need to go back and try again... I am terribly spoiled to our Cedar Street Grill here in Duncan and I tend to judge all other Burgers to theirs.

Old 03-16-2009, 04:19 AM

17,998 posts, read 9,079,444 times
Good Morning Oklahoma!

Old 03-16-2009, 07:50 AM

3,724 posts, read 9,335,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdude View Post
Good Morning Oklahoma!
And a good morning to you. It was sunny here a few minutes ago.

Old 03-16-2009, 08:23 AM

11,535 posts, read 30,311,099 times
Default CEO's gptta live too

Quote:
Hey redbird, the big corporate CEOs have to have their golden parachutes dontcha know?

How are those poor wretches to survive while we common folk eek out a living on practically nothing?

Have you no sympathy?

Two or three mansions are not easy to upkeep my friend.

This country is turning into the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. There is no middle class any more.
I agree with your 1000%. The problem as I understand it, is a contractual one that was made earlier. AIG cannot be allowed to fail because it insures world wide - but the government can step in and run it like it did with some other banks that are successful today.

Personally I'd like to see all the million dollar salaries and golden parachutes fall like a house of cards it is and not be allowed to happen again. We will recover, the real question is whether we can remember this 75 years from now.

I still think we should have a national tax that is small, time limiting and untouchable for the sole purpose of paying down the national debt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma