Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2008, 05:11 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,426,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by colleeng47 View Post
Sounds good, CG, good luck with the interview. Doug's interview was changed when the interviewer's boss found out about the fishing expedition. It was changed to a regular, office, suit and tie interview on Monday. This one sounds good, too, and the salary is up there with what he was making in NJ. Hope both of you guys get something soon. The good thing about my job is the benefits start day one (May 19th), so no $1300 payment to COBRA this month. Yea!
COBRA? I'm alittle dense here Obviously, I'm no white collar worker.

Old 05-01-2008, 05:29 PM

1,989 posts, read 4,402,634 times
Quote:
Sounds good, CG, good luck with the interview. Doug's interview was changed when the interviewer's boss found out about the fishing expedition. It was changed to a regular, office, suit and tie interview on Monday. This one sounds good, too, and the salary is up there with what he was making in NJ. Hope both of you guys get something soon. The good thing about my job is the benefits start day one (May 19th), so no $1300 payment to COBRA this month. Yea!
So you've accepted the job?

Too bad about Doug's "Dream Interview"
I guess that just goes to show that when something sounds too good to be true,
it probably is.

Tell him I wish him luck...
Hmmm.... How come Doug is never on here?
It's because you dominate the computer isn't it?
(Stand by for RB's Dominatrix photos!)
Sorry Colleen... I didn't mean to get him started.

Old 05-01-2008, 05:41 PM

432 posts, read 669,207 times
Quote:
Colleen, your financial situation seems to be looking up. Hope your husband gets an offer, and that your new job works out well.

Old 05-01-2008, 06:12 PM

Looks like we're in for some weather:
AccuWeather.com (http://www.accuweather.com/watches-warnings.asp?partner=forecastfox&zipcode=74081&cou nty=OKc117&zone=OKz059&metric=0 - broken link)

Maybe I'll get to be an "Official Okie" tonight.

Old 05-01-2008, 06:55 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,980,527 times
Tornado warning in Pawnee, about 30 minutes west and north. So far it is going to miss us

Old 05-01-2008, 06:59 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,980,527 times
I'm off for the night. Going to shut down. Lightning strikes all around and tornado warning just west of us....no hail yet, but it can happen any minute.

Have a good night all.....take care CG..........

Old 05-01-2008, 07:03 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,140,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComputerGuy View Post
Looks like we're in for some weather:
AccuWeather.com (http://www.accuweather.com/watches-warnings.asp?partner=forecastfox&zipcode=74081&cou nty=OKc117&zone=OKz059&metric=0 - broken link)

Maybe I'll get to be an "Official Okie" tonight.
Maybe just seeing a touch down of a tornado will break you in right. Remember a real Okie runs to the window when the sirens sound off.

Old 05-01-2008, 07:04 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,439,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
COBRA? I'm alittle dense here Obviously, I'm no white collar worker.
Cobra is an insurance extention that you can take when you leave your employer. The maximum amount of time you can keep it is 18 months. The problem is that you have to pay the entire premium on it. That's one of the good things up here vs. many parts of the country. Most of our employers offer insurance from day one so it's just much easier to switch jobs. But still, most people stay at one place for years.

You guys are under tornado watches? So are we. A raging snowstorm out in the Hills and we are having severe thunderstorm warnings and tornado watches. We just had a downpour of rain.

Old 05-01-2008, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
I'm off for the night. Going to shut down. Lightning strikes all around and tornado warning just west of us....no hail yet, but it can happen any minute.

Have a good night all.....take care CG..........
B*te me wicked hard pal!

No wait....

I'm ignoring you....
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j80/thenorthernnettech/lalala.gif (broken link)

No... Wait....

Hmmmm....
I wonder if it's too late to move that nice table saw out of the garage to make room for the car...

You guys better take Chatty Cathy in the house!
(And maybe the Guinea... She has personality too.)

You should probably take the cows in the house too...
Especially the new calf.
You saw "Twister" didn't you?

Old 05-01-2008, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post
Maybe just seeing a touch down of a tornado will break you in right. Remember a real Okie runs to the window when the sirens sound off.
I heard the siren (barely) the first day I was here....
Then I noticed it was noon.
We had a noon siren back in Whitefield.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma