Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2008, 04:51 AM

432 posts, read 670,249 times

Advertisements

Jim & LR, glad to read the great news! We might be a little "weird" on this forum, but we also know how to care about our friends.

Old 04-29-2008, 07:06 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,454,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted_Foster View Post
Jim & LR, glad to read the great news! We might be a little
Quote:
"weird"
on this forum, but we also know how to care about our friends.
For lack of a better word.

Old 04-29-2008, 07:14 AM

2,825 posts, read 7,553,135 times
LadyRobin, I wasn't aware of your husband's cancder scare but I am so glad it was negative!!!!!

Old 04-29-2008, 08:41 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,477,343 times
Robyn, I'm also glad it was negative.

Just wanted to let you all know that I still come and look at all your beautiful pics. I just love the ones of nature with the birds and the flowers. How lucky are you guys!!! We had over a foot of snow last Friday and the Hills are supposed to have a snowstorm this weekend. We're supposed to get a rain/snow mix. And there you guys are with your beautiful trees and flowers.

I'm a picture addict and I was looking at pics on an Az. thread. Some of them were very nice. THEN someone from OK posted a pic of their lush and green pasture. Such a contrast!!!

I was glad to see that ComputerGuy made it to OK safely. I was disappointed that he ended up buying the house I'd been interested in.

Old 04-29-2008, 12:34 PM

2,919 posts, read 6,836,622 times
Thanks again all. He's rotten but he's mine and I love him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schousse View Post
LadyRobin, I wasn't aware of your husband's cancder scare but I am so glad it was negative!!!!!
I hadn't really posted about it yet because we didn't know for sure what we were dealing with... the Doc seemed convinced that it was Cancer by the way it looked. (and I thought so too)

You should have heard me on the phone with the Nurse yesterday...

She calls and confirms that I am his wife then she starts shuffling through some papers and says: "Hmmm, let's see...well, it looks like he tested positive for a chronic dermatitis... and umm... looks like there was some yeast present and umm... let's see... that's about it, I'll fax in an order for some cream and that should clear it right up..."

The whole time I am standing there shaking like a leaf and waiting for the bomb to be dropped! I said: "Hang on a minute!! Are you saying that the biopsy was NEGATIVE for Cancer???" She says "Well, yes"

My response was: "Well for pity's sake woman, why didn't you just say THAT to begin with!!!" I probably would have been a little annoyed since they took 5 days longer than expected to get us the results, but I was just too darned relieved to bother!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
Robyn, I'm also glad it was negative.

I'm a picture addict and I was looking at pics on an Az. thread. Some of them were very nice. THEN someone from OK posted a pic of their lush and green pasture. Such a contrast!!!

I was glad to see that ComputerGuy made it to OK safely. I was disappointed that he ended up buying the house I'd been interested in.
Hiya Jammie!! How much longer till YOU move to God's Country?? I saw that AZ thread too... that was funny! He was just a little lost.

No worries we still have LOTS of good "starter" houses available... (you start building and eventually you will have a house ) I'm sure you will find the place of your dreams.

Old 04-29-2008, 03:18 PM

1,989 posts, read 4,407,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammie View Post
Thanks....

I would have given youfirst dibs on the place,
but I didn't know that you had plans on becoming an Okie.

Old 04-29-2008, 06:39 PM

18,245 posts, read 25,906,210 times
Hi Synopsis-whazzup? Not sure what part of the state you are from, but I was wondering if you, or one of the Okie people can tell me if they still have the record/cd swap meets in the hotels in Tulsa and Oklahoma City? Two of the best small independent record shops in Tulsa is/was Lees, and also Mohawk. Are they still there?

Old 04-29-2008, 07:16 PM
Status: "Let's replace the puppet show with actual leadership." (set 10 days ago)

52,718 posts, read 48,035,881 times
Default A Cure For Silence?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schousse View Post
..... it is way too quiet here.
Well, then, let me do........ wait.....

LET ME DO SOMETHING ABOUT THAT RIGHT NOW!!!!!

How's that?

Old 04-29-2008, 07:28 PM

1,989 posts, read 4,407,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Well, then, let me do........ wait.....

LET ME DO SOMETHING ABOUT THAT RIGHT NOW!!!!!

How's that?
Not as good as when we were there last week and my wife shrieked when she saw a small brown hunting spider.
(I was quite embarrassed for her. )

You'll have to do better than that case.

Old 04-29-2008, 07:47 PM
Status: "Let's replace the puppet show with actual leadership." (set 10 days ago)

52,718 posts, read 48,035,881 times
Default Too Good To Be True -- And It Probably Is

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComputerGuy View Post
Not as good as when we were there last week and my wife shrieked when she saw a small brown hunting spider.
(I was quite embarrassed for her. )

You'll have to do better than that case.
Well, I gave it everything I had. That may the last time I get to "yell" on these threads. You just don't see that every day, so savor the moment. I'm just too easygoing. Face it, emphasis and breaking neighbors' windows don't go hand in hand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma