Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2010, 10:21 AM

81 posts, read 174,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! View Post
Sigh...still no change...I'm still getting the benefits exhausted message and UNKNOWN status. Time to call so I can at least certify this week, then worry about my back weeks.
Hi

I am not sure, but I believe we may have been able to of gotten EB after we ended our tier, at least until the extension passed. I suppose we could have been drawing on EB all this time while we were waiting. Then probably have been moved back into our appropriate tier after the passing of the bill.

This is why I think so:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/north...ould-have.html
I didn't know anything about this. Probably too late to mess with it now, since we should soon start to get our tier benefits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2010, 11:30 AM

27 posts, read 47,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cody48 View Post
Does anyone know how many back weeks the system will let you certify online at one time?
I've read that you can do four, and after that you have to call to restart the claim.

Old 07-29-2010, 12:15 PM

776 posts, read 1,687,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Job_Hunter View Post
Hi

I am not sure, but I believe we may have been able to of gotten EB after we ended our tier, at least until the extension passed. I suppose we could have been drawing on EB all this time while we were waiting. Then probably have been moved back into our appropriate tier after the passing of the bill.

This is why I think so:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/north...ould-have.html
I didn't know anything about this. Probably too late to mess with it now, since we should soon start to get our tier benefits.
I probably should have called to at least see if I qualified for EB, though I was certain I didn't. Sigh...I stink.

Old 07-29-2010, 01:31 PM

15 posts, read 32,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! View Post
I probably should have called to at least see if I qualified for EB, though I was certain I didn't. Sigh...I stink.
ugh! we thought the same for hubs....blah! he sent an inquiry email today to see if he first had anything left in Tiers 1-4 to receive since it's impossible to get calls in to the Raleigh office this week (don't have time to sit for hours with a 4 month old in the house!!)

looking forward to any updates from JDLJR and anyone else about their claims and $$

Old 07-29-2010, 02:03 PM

I my claim was in the "benefits exhausted" status for the last two weeks. This morning when I checked, it still showed the same. Around 10am though, it showed status "UNKNOWN"

I was able to update my claim for the last two weeks a couple of days ago, but it wasn't staying in, I can still go in now and claim for those two weeks, though the first time I did so it gave a message that the week had already been claimed. I tried because I thought that since I didn't go through I may need to do it again.

Anyway, I FINALLY broke in with a telephone call today for the first time without out it saying "unable to connect"... I got a extremely nice and knowledgeable rep on the line, who quickly keyed in my last two weeks again, informed me that I would be good to go from now on, but to double check tomorrow.

Old 07-29-2010, 02:03 PM

656 posts, read 1,142,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youbadsquishy View Post
ugh! we thought the same for hubs....blah! he sent an inquiry email today to see if he first had anything left in Tiers 1-4 to receive since it's impossible to get calls in to the Raleigh office this week (don't have time to sit for hours with a 4 month old in the house!!)

looking forward to any updates from JDLJR and anyone else about their claims and $$
Just got my letter today, my EB rolled straight into tier 1 EUC for my 2nd benefit year, said so yesterday online., however I was waiting for the letter.
I only get 11 weeks and some odd amount of $37.00 leftover. I have no idea of what that is, but I hope it's not a short pay week somewhere at the end of tier 1!
that's(short pay extra week) supposed to happen in the later tiers, which I won't make it to with the new extension date ending on Nov 27th.
Won't complain though, I feel very blessed to have received EB... it was VERY unexpected!!!

Old 07-29-2010, 02:26 PM

Great, after I posted that, I just got a letter from the ESC stating that I am not monetary eligible to receive EUC due to insufficient base period wages.

Is this part of the 6x rule?

My benefit second benefit year started 4/02/10, I thought this was before that rule?

Old 07-29-2010, 03:18 PM

776 posts, read 1,687,828 times
Well, I couldn't get through on the phone today. I got hung up on twice...then couldn't connect a third time.

But hey...I did get a reply from the e-mail I sent two days ago. I almost deleted it, by the way, because the admin assistant that sent it, titled it, "ESC?" and it arrived in my junk folder. Sigh.

Quote:
Hello,

Presently letters are being sent to those who had exhausted their
benefits with instructions for applying for the emergency benefits. Keep
your eyes peeled for that letter.

Sincerely,
NCESC Rep
Ummmm....thanks, I guess. I did originally ask for an explanation of what I'll need to do in order to at least get a jump on this, but he didn't tell me. I, at the very least, just want to certify this week! Why do I have to wait to receive the letter to tell me what I'll need to do...is it really that hard to just type a few sentences, just to give me a hint at what I gotta do? And I can't get thru online and I can't get through on the phone. So, I guess my next step is marching on down there.

Old 07-29-2010, 03:53 PM

407 posts, read 662,139 times
Well I went to ESC today, WITH pretty clear HOW TO info on what to do to reopen my claim (thanks to someone on the site) exact Codes, etc

they looked at me like i was crazy and said "we are waiting for guidance from raleigh"
NOTHING!
tried to call back today, had the same problem
busy for 100 times
then i get through and they just pick up and hang up on me
it happened 3 X!!!
and i could hear talking in backgroung!

Old 07-29-2010, 04:07 PM

10 posts, read 17,069 times
I just received a Monetary Determination letter today. I was smack-dab in the middle of Extended Benefits, and have been for only about a month and a half. This Monetary Determination is for EUC.

To JDLJR or anyone else who may know:

I'm guessing those on EB, who would have otherwise qualified for EUC but missed the cutoff, were automatically moved to EUC when the bill was passed on the 20th (20th, right?) and it retroactively moved up the cutoff date.

My question is, do I need to do anything at this point, aside from seeking employment and maintaining my search records, etc?

Also, what are the regulations for moving out-of-state while on EUC? (moving from NC to MD, specifically). I may very well be forced to move very soon if I am unable to find employment, and I would hate to think that I would be left completely without income if I had to move to MD.

Thank you for your time, and I hope my questions weren't too vague.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina