Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2011, 03:41 PM

59 posts, read 74,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamiwhit View Post
Thank you Sunny. Life is stressful enough without arguments on this forum. It is much better when we agree to disagree and listen to and work together thru this issue.
Agreed Pami...Thank You Sunny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2011, 03:48 PM

45 posts, read 53,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laidoffafter50 View Post
UPDATE:

Six budget subcommittees will review the GOP plan Tuesday but won't vote. The full appropriations committee will take amendments Wednesday. The first of two required floor votes is expected May 31.
Great news so figure if it passes it would be passed by June 3rd. Figure one week back log at NCES. So checks by June 10th. I will take it for a best case scenerio. Lets hope our Governor doesn't veto it. I am sure she won't she is a good woman

Old 05-23-2011, 03:55 PM

162 posts, read 213,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaylin View Post
NCEB, we have to ignore the 2 negative willies. I have a feeling they are trying to get the thread locked.
Agreed. I will do my best to stay on topic and not be bothered by them.

Old 05-23-2011, 03:56 PM

264 posts, read 313,142 times
Guys Ive been awol today sorry. but plz keep calling the reps up until 7 tonight. It looks like its going to be attached to the budget that will pass the house tonight which makes for another 2weeks before we will have funds come down to us. Lets keep calling in hopes that in good faith, both sides will agree upon a stand alone bill and a seperate for the budget.

Old 05-23-2011, 04:18 PM

776 posts, read 1,684,867 times
Hopefully, they've got something worked out (or being worked out).

Again, IF something passes...be prepared to wait possibly over a week to get your benefits. The NCESC will probably set up a separate line to handle those affected...but the process could very well be slow in getting everyone caught up...especially if they're going to pay back weeks. I don't want to jump the gun since nothing has passed yet...but I also want you guys to be prepared in not thinking, "Hey it passed...lemme check my bank account...heeeeeey, where's my benefits?!?!" The pressure will certainly be on the agency...I hope they're ready in the event something passes.

Old 05-23-2011, 04:26 PM

244 posts, read 311,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Survivingthegame View Post
I have been paying attention to all your updates. Thanks for keeping everyone in the know. What is your prediction for EB? Will it be released by the end of the week do you think?
Friend, how can we make sense of the spectacle that's been unfolding across the political landscape of our State? You see, I believe NC is not a place as much as it is an idea. All these incredible events should be understood as part of a single challenge. It is not just a political challenge — it's a moral challenge. Because these events signal a new phase of a concerted effort to change the very nature of NC. From the beginning of the Old North State, through our efforts and our ideas, working people have made the "American Dream" real. And what is that dream? It is the idea that if you work hard and play by the rules you will enjoy economic security and build a better future for your children. It is not that a few of us will be rich, but that all of us will be treated fairly, that we will look after each other, and that we will all have a share in the wealth we create together. The moral character of NC is worth fighting for, and that is exactly what working and unemployed people are going to do in the days and weeks to come. I could go on, but rest assured that this is the message of hundreds of thousands of others and that we will take to the polling places of our great state in the coming months. And it is the message we will continue to shout this year, and next, and the next, until we are heard.

Last edited by laidoffafter50; 05-23-2011 at 04:56 PM..

Old 05-23-2011, 05:24 PM

162 posts, read 193,517 times
I am listening to the House audio, will there be anything tonight about EB or is it tomorrow?

Old 05-23-2011, 05:26 PM

55 posts, read 66,329 times
this needs to go threw very fast 8.00 to my name. rent due on the first lol

Old 05-23-2011, 05:27 PM

118 posts, read 143,377 times
Default Ncesc

Hi to all and hope you all are hanging in there, what choice do we have... right? I really think this will be resolved this week But my biggest fear is the way the ncesc will handle it . The esc IMO needs a total restructure and have proven to be useless and even downright rude during this whole mess Hey ncesc! we have 45000 folks who would gladly set at your desk and answer the phone if you folks dont want to

Old 05-23-2011, 05:33 PM

230 posts, read 275,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lw2011 View Post
Hi to all and hope you all are hanging in there, what choice do we have... right? I really think this will be resolved this week But my biggest fear is the way the ncesc will handle it . The esc IMO needs a total restructure and have proven to be useless and even downright rude during this whole mess Hey ncesc! we have 45000 folks who would gladly set at your desk and answer the phone if you folks dont want to

you cant blame the ESC, they have been overwhelmed since the resession began. Add onto that 42k people wanting to get answers (which btw I am not sure why you would contact them as they have NONE) and you get overworked people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina