Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2011, 12:51 PM

244 posts, read 311,468 times

Advertisements

Monday Calendar of House and Senate

http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/Calendar...seCalendar.pdf

http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/Calendar...teCalendar.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2011, 01:06 PM

1 posts, read 1,255 times
Yes I was kicked off of that site also and had my post's removed. Alot of misinformation and misguided optimism based on "insider information" or a "friend" close to the situation. When called on this or laying out the case for the EB and Budget not being tied in together, my posts were deleted. Keywords seemed to be "faith" and "hope" and not much in the area of laying the facts out so that we know where we stand with those who "REPRESENT" us...

Old 05-23-2011, 01:46 PM

230 posts, read 275,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryProf2011 View Post
Facebook page is being resurrected and moderated!

I am sure several "plants" and people who want to bring the whole FB movement down tried to sabotage it. People are renewing it with optimism and updates.

GO NC!

Reinstate NC Extended Benefits for the Unemployed Now | Facebook
historyProf, it was the moderator itself that started it, she/he brought it down to get all the non/anti Christian posts off.

Old 05-23-2011, 01:57 PM

122 posts, read 161,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCGuru79 View Post
It seems that the EB is suppose to be part of the Senates Budget

Daniel: Senate won't cut school funds as much as House | morganton.com

What gets me is they are playing the same game with a diffrent ball, while we are starving, losing utilites, and losing homes.
I was being optimistic before thinking we would see some checks by the 2nd week in July, but now we may be lucky if it is August 1st if at all!

Old 05-23-2011, 01:59 PM

169 posts, read 314,987 times
Default oh ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaylin View Post
historyProf, it was the moderator itself that started it, she/he brought it down to get all the non/anti Christian posts off.
oh

Old 05-23-2011, 02:01 PM

59 posts, read 74,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
So they are going to go back to Tier 1 and tack on an additional 14 weeks?
Thanks to you guys for trying to explain this....
SignOn.org Beta

Is everyone aware of this? I realize that it may not be of benefit for some of us right now...but it could be in the future. My job search is not going very well, as a result I am concerned.

Old 05-23-2011, 02:03 PM

169 posts, read 314,987 times
Default Hello...a little help please

Quote:
Originally Posted by laidoffafter50 View Post

Hello, I was hearing all sorts of optimism about Monday. What is going on?

Is the bill being voted on, attached, separated, etc. Is something going to happen this week? What was all of that hopeful talk by Tillis, etc.!

I feel like their has been an information overload(media, FB, this forum). I am having trouble navigating the course of the solution. I have not been on the forum this weekend and I feel like my understanding of this "issue" has become convoluted.

Please help

Thank You

Old 05-23-2011, 02:16 PM

244 posts, read 311,468 times
Quote:

Is the bill being voted on, attached, separated, etc. Is something going to happen this week? What was all of that hopeful talk by Tillis, etc.!

Please help

Thank You
There will be a vote on the budget by the end of the week. Assuming the Governor does not veto it, there will be an amendment attached to the budget deal from the Senate. No word yet as what the amendment could be. It possibly could be a new bill, or S584 which the Senate has in Finance presently. There will be no approp. comm. meetings Tuesday to allow for work on the pending budget. This will come as early as Tuesday, with the budget being presented to the Gov. hopefully by June 1 in order to allow for passage before weeks end.

Hope this helped.

Old 05-23-2011, 02:21 PM

8 posts, read 11,082 times
Thank you laidoffafter50

Old 05-23-2011, 02:22 PM

230 posts, read 275,559 times
Quote:

I feel like their has been an information overload(media, FB, this forum). I am having trouble navigating the course of the solution. I have not been on the forum this weekend and I feel like my understanding of this "issue" has become convoluted.

Please help

Thank You
It appears they have called a special session for 7pm tonight. It is possible, if this gets voted on tonight and perdue does not veto it (there is currently no clue of that yet) we may get our checks next week, if not this week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina