Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2010, 12:08 PM

177 posts, read 304,408 times

Advertisements

How are you finding out about what is going on in the Senate?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2010, 12:22 PM

131 posts, read 232,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jskin View Post
How are you finding out about what is going on in the Senate?
Google!

Old 02-26-2010, 12:28 PM

It would seem that the extension vote is dead in the Senate & nothing will be passed before Sunday. Therefore, no extension. We have Senator John Bunning (R) from Kentucky to thank. State Unemployment agencies will go into a tailspin now & millions are set to lose benefits on Sunday.
I've included a link here---I can't get the video to play but read the story---pretty deplorable...this guy was only concerned about missing a KY basketball game! This is just so blatantly WRONG on so many levels.
http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/...NEWS01/2260352

Last edited by deerest; 02-26-2010 at 01:08 PM..

Old 02-26-2010, 01:22 PM

6 posts, read 23,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by member2009 View Post
anybody knows why the site is down is this afternoon

I am wondering the same thing. Anybody know?

Old 02-26-2010, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ml2007 View Post
I am wondering the same thing. Anybody know?

No doubt has something to do with the fact that they were anticipating the extension would be passed & it didn't. The system is probably overloaded purging those now out of benefits thanks to Sen. Bunning!

BTW--I read where states were supposed to have sent out letters warning claimants their benefits would end on Sunday----of all the letters I 've gotten, this was NOT one of them. Did anyone get one?

Old 02-26-2010, 01:51 PM

6 posts, read 23,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deerest View Post
No doubt has something to do with the fact that they were anticipating the extension would be passed & it didn't. The system is probably overloaded purging those now out of benefits thanks to Sen. Bunning!

BTW--I read where states were supposed to have sent out letters warning claimants their benefits would end on Sunday----of all the letters I 've gotten, this was NOT one of them. Did anyone get one?

No letter.

Are benefits ending, or are the next tiers just not approved beyond Sunday if not already started?

Old 02-26-2010, 02:29 PM

23 posts, read 101,170 times
ml2007, the latter of your statement. Unless you FINISHED a tier on Feb. 27th, you are fine for now.

Old 02-26-2010, 03:14 PM

656 posts, read 1,139,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deerest View Post
It would seem that the extension vote is dead in the Senate & nothing will be passed before Sunday. Therefore, no extension. We have Senator John Bunning (R) from Kentucky to thank. State Unemployment agencies will go into a tailspin now & millions are set to lose benefits on Sunday.
I've included a link here---I can't get the video to play but read the story---pretty deplorable...this guy was only concerned about missing a KY basketball game! This is just so blatantly WRONG on so many levels.
Bunning blocks extended jobless aid | courier-journal.com | The Courier-Journal
fortunately, I started my new benefit year on the 8th and established a new year for a whole 14 weeks at least i have til May to try to make an arrangement on bills ect....

Unless a job will come through for me. It's a sad day when my neighbor that's 17 gets hired at Burger king, but they overlooked me at age 50, I'm guessing because i have no food industry experience...?

My heart breaks for those that will realize by Monday that theres nowhere to go from here, that they can't move into a new estension if the one their in will end anytime after Sunday at midnight.
Its a sad day

Old 02-26-2010, 05:17 PM

14 posts, read 51,741 times
My wife's benefits year ends Sunday and she has EUC tier 1 money left (12 weeks). Assuming she does not qualify for a full new claim (based on her base period), would her starting a new benefits year be considered a new EUC claim and thus be affected by the extension vote issue? Or should she still be able to get the remaining 12 weeks of her EUC on the new benefits year?

Thanks in advance!

Old 02-26-2010, 05:57 PM

656 posts, read 1,139,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoise944 View Post
My wife's benefits year ends Sunday and she has EUC tier 1 money left (12 weeks). Assuming she does not qualify for a full new claim (based on her base period), would her starting a new benefits year be considered a new EUC claim and thus be affected by the extension vote issue? Or should she still be able to get the remaining 12 weeks of her EUC on the new benefits year?

Thanks in advance!
These is my thoughts only from what I have read and been told on this forum. That if she's not able to establish a new benefit year,
(and she must at least attempt it, by phone or online) she "should" be able to get her last 12 weeks pulled forward. However after that is over, since there was no "new"extension passed in the senate to extend the
Feb 27th date, she would be done and could NOT extend into a second tier ect.. if eligible.

JDLJR is on here alot and can answer you question with better detail than what I can though
(Goodluck)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina