Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2010, 05:04 PM

131 posts, read 233,002 times

Advertisements

Hi jdljr!

In the past, when I've had questions about these letters that we receive, I've found that it would seem the reps aren't really that familiar with them, so I don't know if you can answer this or not. We ascertained yesterday that my benefits for Tier 3 were pulled forward & indeed, the money showed up in my bank account today. But, as I told you, I rec'd a letter yesterday saying I was eligible for Tier 2. Today, I got TWO letters, one saying I needed to have exhausted my first tier on or before Dec. 31, 2009, the other saying I was monetarily ineligible for EUC due to insufficient base period wages ...it went on to describe needing 20 weeks of full time employment, or equivalent...as determined under the provisions of the State law implementing section 202(a) (5) of the Federal-State Extended Unemployment compensation Act.

I would hope that they are referring to my NEW benefit year, and not revoking the EUC 3 under my old year....would you concur with that? Remember, before speaking to you yesterday, I was told by a rep that I would be getting Tier 2 of my new year, but that it seemed corrected by the time you saw my claim. (I adamantly disagreed with him that I qualified for T2 of my new year, which may have prompted him to further investigate) These were both mailed yesterday which sorta bothers me, as the mailing would have occurred after they paid me Tier 3, and maybe even after you looked at my claim. My concern arises from all the zigzagging that has transpired since I first started asking about my eligibilty, so I wouldn't be surprised if something changed yet again. Any thoughts? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2010, 06:00 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,440,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deerest View Post
Hi jdljr!

In the past, when I've had questions about these letters that we receive, I've found that it would seem the reps aren't really that familiar with them, so I don't know if you can answer this or not. We ascertained yesterday that my benefits for Tier 3 were pulled forward & indeed, the money showed up in my bank account today. But, as I told you, I rec'd a letter yesterday saying I was eligible for Tier 2. Today, I got TWO letters, one saying I needed to have exhausted my first tier on or before Dec. 31, 2009, the other saying I was monetarily ineligible for EUC due to insufficient base period wages ...it went on to describe needing 20 weeks of full time employment, or equivalent...as determined under the provisions of the State law implementing section 202(a) (5) of the Federal-State Extended Unemployment compensation Act.

I would hope that they are referring to my NEW benefit year, and not revoking the EUC 3 under my old year....would you concur with that? Remember, before speaking to you yesterday, I was told by a rep that I would be getting Tier 2 of my new year, but that it seemed corrected by the time you saw my claim. (I adamantly disagreed with him that I qualified for T2 of my new year, which may have prompted him to further investigate) These were both mailed yesterday which sorta bothers me, as the mailing would have occurred after they paid me Tier 3, and maybe even after you looked at my claim. My concern arises from all the zigzagging that has transpired since I first started asking about my eligibilty, so I wouldn't be surprised if something changed yet again. Any thoughts? Thanks!
Yes, I concur that the letter you received regarding being ineligible for EUC due to insufficient wages is referring to your new benefit year. Because you ARE ineligible under your new benefit year due to not meeting the 1.5x rule.

You can disregard the other letter saying you needed to exhaust your first tier on or before Dec 31st because that date was extended to Feb 28th. Plus, you're far beyond Tier 1 now anyway. Again, sometimes I think the system spits out letter after letter after letter due to not having anything else better to do.

I still stand by that all is ok with your claim as was observed yesterday. Once you qualify for Tier 1, you would qualify for ALL subsequent EUC (Tier 2, 3, 4) as long as the extensions are still in existence (as they are at this moment).

Old 02-17-2010, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdljr View Post
Yes, I concur that the letter you received regarding being ineligible for EUC due to insufficient wages is referring to your new benefit year. Because you ARE ineligible under your new benefit year due to not meeting the 1.5x rule.

You can disregard the other letter saying you needed to exhaust your first tier on or before Dec 31st because that date was extended to Feb 28th. Plus, you're far beyond Tier 1 now anyway. Again, sometimes I think the system spits out letter after letter after letter due to not having anything else better to do.

I still stand by that all is ok with your claim as was observed yesterday. Once you qualify for Tier 1, you would qualify for ALL subsequent EUC (Tier 2, 3, 4) as long as the extensions are still in existence (as they are at this moment).

Okay, thanks. I just went in and looked at my claim again. It still lists my weekly benefit amount as the NEW year, yet I am receiving the OLD year weekly amount. Is that what I should see? (thanks!)

Old 02-17-2010, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Okay, thanks. I just went in and looked at my claim again. It still lists my weekly benefit amount as the NEW year, yet I am receiving the OLD year weekly amount. Is that what I should see? (thanks!)
That I don't know. That seems strange, but perhaps the online system just recognizes that a payment was made and bases that recognition off of the amount from the current benefit year. Not sure. That would seem strange though, because at some point down the road, the online system would say you've received $x amount of money, when in reality you've received $y. It would seem that you certainly wouldn't be able to depend on that online amount to be correct, if that's the case. Grrrrrr!!

Old 02-17-2010, 09:07 PM

Quote:
That I don't know. That seems strange, but perhaps the online system just recognizes that a payment was made and bases that recognition off of the amount from the current benefit year. Not sure. That would seem strange though, because at some point down the road, the online system would say you've received $x amount of money, when in reality you've received $y. It would seem that you certainly wouldn't be able to depend on that online amount to be correct, if that's the case. Grrrrrr!!
Just to clarify, these are on 2 different screens. One is benefit payment history which shows my payments in the new benefit year with the new benefit amounts that have been paid, but the 2 most recent payments show the OLD weekly benefit amount, so It IS accurate from a payment standpoint. The payment history in my first benefit year is no longer showing & hasn't since my new year kicked in. The other screen is the one that shows when you choose, "view your claim." It is this one that shows my weekly benefit as the NEW year weekly benefit, not the tier3 weekly amount, and shows the earnings allowance as the NEW year allowance, so that is confusing. Like I said, I've gone from being told I was ineligible for anything in either year, to being told I could collect leftover EB from the old year, to being told I was eligible for for Tier 3 from the old year, to being told I was eligible for Tier 2 in the new year, then NOT. I have only rec'd FOUR letters saying I was not eligible for anything, and NO letter saying I was eligible for anything. Yet I did get paid for 2 weeks. I know when you looked yesterday, it seemed correct, but it has gone back & forth a lot in a very short period of time, and with the programming work they are doing, you just never know what glitches might get triggered. Keep your fingers crossed that the "view your claim" screen just hasn't caught up yet...., er, uh, something! I'm sharing this with you b/c I know you try your best to know all you can about the system & I'm sure the screens you view probably differ from what the claimant sees so this may be helpful to you, too. Thanks for all your help!

Old 02-18-2010, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Just to clarify, these are on 2 different screens. One is benefit payment history which shows my payments in the new benefit year with the new benefit amounts that have been paid, but the 2 most recent payments show the OLD weekly benefit amount, so It IS accurate from a payment standpoint. The payment history in my first benefit year is no longer showing & hasn't since my new year kicked in. The other screen is the one that shows when you choose, "view your claim." It is this one that shows my weekly benefit as the NEW year weekly benefit, not the tier3 weekly amount, and shows the earnings allowance as the NEW year allowance, so that is confusing. Like I said, I've gone from being told I was ineligible for anything in either year, to being told I could collect leftover EB from the old year, to being told I was eligible for for Tier 3 from the old year, to being told I was eligible for Tier 2 in the new year, then NOT. I have only rec'd FOUR letters saying I was not eligible for anything, and NO letter saying I was eligible for anything. Yet I did get paid for 2 weeks. I know when you looked yesterday, it seemed correct, but it has gone back & forth a lot in a very short period of time, and with the programming work they are doing, you just never know what glitches might get triggered. Keep your fingers crossed that the "view your claim" screen just hasn't caught up yet...., er, uh, something! I'm sharing this with you b/c I know you try your best to know all you can about the system & I'm sure the screens you view probably differ from what the claimant sees so this may be helpful to you, too. Thanks for all your help!
Everything sounds right with your claim and I'm confident, after viewing it Tuesday, that how it is right now is correct...paying you Tier 3. It very well could be that the one system that shows your weekly benefit amount really never will show your old benefit year amount because that's not what you qualified for under the new year. However, with the pull forward, you DO get your old benefit amount for EUC if it's pulled forward. So I'm thinking they may never agree on the screens you see. But rest assured, all looked ok from my standpoint.

Old 02-18-2010, 10:11 AM

656 posts, read 1,141,776 times
hi,
Anyone else having trouble getting into the ncesc website?
Hoping it's not just my OLD computer!?
I tried to get in to access my claims profile this am til about noon today with no luck.
I Hope their upgrading with some goodnews for moving the FEb 28th date back

Old 02-18-2010, 10:34 AM

28 posts, read 54,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
hi,
Anyone else having trouble getting into the ncesc website?
Hoping it's not just my OLD computer!?
I tried to get in to access my claims profile this am til about noon today with no luck.
I Hope their upgrading with some goodnews for moving the FEb 28th date back
I had the same problem an hour ago and when I just tried to get on the site. It states it is an internal error so I woud think maybe it has some thing to do with the testing last night.

Old 02-18-2010, 10:50 AM

656 posts, read 1,141,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvestal View Post
I had the same problem an hour ago and when I just tried to get on the site. It states it is an internal error so I woud think maybe it has some thing to do with the testing last night.
Well glad it's not my computer
What testing is that?

Old 02-18-2010, 11:09 AM

28 posts, read 54,150 times
Quote:
I *think* the 14th week testing was happening today or tonight. But even if it didn't happen before Feb 28th, I'd think you'd still be eligible for it, since you exhausted Tier 3 before Feb 28th. As long as you exhaust whatever tier you're in by Feb 28th, you're eligible for the next higher tier.
This is the testing that I am referring to!

I can get in now but I can't view my claim profile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina