Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2010, 09:10 AM

31 posts, read 42,767 times

Advertisements

Update! Just got off phone and now I'm told that instead of the $6000 balance I had Friday which 2 different reps quoted I now have only $352 left. Plus received half deposit this morning and half of the balance next Monday. She did put in a waiver for my $792 OP total and said that it mite be approved but at this point WHO CARES! Good luck everyone and reality wins.

The House always wins! And can't really believe what they say since its evident they are going to try to cover this up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2010, 09:12 AM

330 posts, read 461,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbb View Post
Update! Just got off phone and now I'm told that instead of the $6000 balance I had Friday which 2 different reps quoted I now have only $352 left. Plus received half deposit this morning and half of the balance next Monday. She did put in a waiver for my $792 OP total and said that it mite be approved but at this point WHO CARES! Good luck everyone and reality wins.

The House always wins! And can't really believe what they say since its evident they are going to try to cover this up.
so, your letters, were in fact wrong.

Old 09-27-2010, 09:14 AM

407 posts, read 661,301 times
Quote:

What tier are u in???

so? im confused? did they swap out weeks for you and then u only had $352 left once they offset that?
should u qualify for EB still?

Old 09-27-2010, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! View Post
Well, I got through after about an hour, but rather conveniently got hung up on and now I can't get through again. Now I have to wait about an hour cuz my phone is dead.

I did ask, in more plain terms, what the -bleep- is going on down there. And the rep did say they are "aware of the issues people are having" (it's somehow not THEIR issue, it's OUR issue). And I did hear the clever excuse that "Well...uhhhhh, you got to understand, we've uhhhhhhh been handling a record number of claims...ya know, so we're uhhhhhh <CLICK>" That's when I lost connection. I thought the rep could call you back if you lose connection, but...oh well.

Can't wait to check my mail today and find out how much more money I supposedly owe. I'm gonna guess...$821.
i feel bad for the worker bees in the offices that have to deal with this. no doubt they are doing just as much swearing as we are, since they arent decision makers and they had nothing to do with this.
we should try and express sympathy with them so that we connect with them and they are more likely to help us out.

Old 09-27-2010, 09:29 AM

31 posts, read 42,767 times
OP letters were correct reps at ESC were wrong on Friday! They said I had $6000 EB which I do not as of today. Was at the end of Tier 4 and EB is gone after this mishap.

Old 09-27-2010, 09:33 AM

Quote:
OP letters were correct reps at ESC were wrong on Friday! They said I had $6000 EB which I do not as of today. Was at the end of Tier 4 and EB is gone after this mishap.
soooooo
they DID swap out weeks for you? and your overpayments from the WRONG second year took up 18 weeks of EB?
how did that happen? how many YEAR 2 WEEKS did u get that were wrong and have to be paid back?
i cant see how it ate up all that EB?

Old 09-27-2010, 09:36 AM

Quote:
do YOU believe the letters were correct, the math makes sense?
so you are at the end of your payments. damn.
did you think you had many weeks left?

Old 09-27-2010, 09:40 AM

well if i understand the other poster correctly (and forgive me if im wrong)
They were ending tier 4 so they called to confirm they would get EB and i guess someone said
YES U HAVE $6000 IN EB AND U WILL START NEXT WEEK
but then they owed for a WRONG 2nd year and once they replaced the 2nd year weeks with EB weeks--- they only ended up with a week or 2 left of EB
which is a disaster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-27-2010, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA11 View Post
well if i understand the other poster correctly (and forgive me if im wrong)
They were ending tier 4 so they called to confirm they would get EB and i guess someone said
YES U HAVE $6000 IN EB AND U WILL START NEXT WEEK
but then they owed for a WRONG 2nd year and once they replaced the 2nd year weeks with EB weeks--- they only ended up with a week or 2 left of EB
which is a disaster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yup, this is what i feared.
the closer to Jan 1, 2010 you started your benefit year, the more of your 1st Year benefits youre going to use up covering these "overpayments".
and if your 1st week benefit payments were smaller than this year, its going to take some part of 2 to make up for every 1 of the overpayments.

some people are going to find themselves a lot closer to the end of their payments than they planned.
those people need to appeal, they have nothing to lose.

Old 09-27-2010, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlincoln View Post
yup, this is what i feared.
the closer to Jan 1, 2010 you started your benefit year, the more of your 1st Year benefits youre going to use up covering these "overpayments".
and if your 1st week benefit payments were smaller than this year, its going to take some part of 2 to make up for every 1 of the overpayments.

some people are going to find themselves a lot closer to the end of their payments than they planned.
those people need to appeal, they have nothing to lose.
what i hate is that im actually OK WITH THIS in my particular case!
i mean YES i owe back 13 weeks of 2ND YEAR! but without this mess--- i would have been in tier 4 this week and done in 6 weeks with NO EB!
at least this way, once they swap weeks, i WILL qualify for EB for 20 weeks and even though i lose abour 6 weeks, i have still more time and weeks left this way!
BUT OF COURSE I CANT EVEN GET THRU ON THE PHONE LINES!!! 3 hours almost!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina