Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2010, 08:23 AM

776 posts, read 1,684,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiles93 View Post
It looks like we'll get our vote next Tuesday as long as Byrd's replacement is there, and he/she isn't on the fence about the extension. And as long as Reid doesn't pull any shenanigans that might sacrifice a vote or two.

Things have been getting pretty tight in my house though. It's really frustrating...I'm now on week 3 without benefits. Yikes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2010, 12:48 PM

131 posts, read 232,615 times
Got another interview this morning (yay!) Good, right? Yes. Spoke 1st w/a screener. Then the "big guy." His questions: How old am I? Are you kidding me? Am I registered to vote? Uh,.,. Do I vote? What are my political views? more Uh,.,. Wow. And the probe continued. How long have I been married? How is the relationship? Are there any problems? Seems like there needs to be some bounds on what an employer is allowed to ask in terms of personal, non job related territory. I know of course, they exist, but seems like employers are taking huge liberties with the market the way it is. And this is our improved job market, folks.

Old 07-15-2010, 01:12 PM

656 posts, read 1,139,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smiles93 View Post
I have a mass email sent to all the senate everyday since this Past Monday.
I'm reading up right now on Byrds replacement.

Old 07-15-2010, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! View Post
It looks like we'll get our vote next Tuesday as long as Byrd's replacement is there, and he/she isn't on the fence about the extension. And as long as Reid doesn't pull any shenanigans that might sacrifice a vote or two.

Things have been getting pretty tight in my house though. It's really frustrating...I'm now on week 3 without benefits. Yikes.
I won't be able to last 3 weeks without my EB coming in.
I'm thankful everyday for it.
The Byrd replacement sounds hopeful, however I don't trust Reid at all... scary, scary

Old 07-15-2010, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerest View Post
Got another interview this morning (yay!) Good, right? Yes. Spoke 1st w/a screener. Then the "big guy." His questions: How old am I? Are you kidding me? Am I registered to vote? Uh,.,. Do I vote? What are my political views? more Uh,.,. Wow. And the probe continued. How long have I been married? How is the relationship? Are there any problems? Seems like there needs to be some bounds on what an employer is allowed to ask in terms of personal, non job related territory. I know of course, they exist, but seems like employers are taking huge liberties with the market the way it is. And this is our improved job market, folks.
Hey there Deerest great to see you popping back in here

First off,
I'm fairly certain it's illegal to come right out and ask your age like that!!!!
whew!
Asking about how your relationship is ect...? I'd have given that BIG man an earful, just to watch his reaction>
Please tell me this wasn't another Duncan Donut interview> lol!
Seems like all jobs everywhere have become so selective, you'd think we're trying to get on at the FBI!

Old 07-15-2010, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jskin View Post
I have been on here since page 7. My benes too are gone...all used up! At least I was able to draw through all the tiers except EB. I have followed your posts. I am so sorry things are still not going well for you. Here is a suggestion... lie on your next application. Make a dummy resume that shows you much less qualified than you are.

Now, let me say this: I loathe lying. But in this case you are not trying to get something you are not qualified for or entitled to. You are trying to survive and will actually bring MORE to the table. The lie will ultimately benefit the company more than you.

Good Luck to you!
Hey there, how are ya?
Have you started your contract work yet?
I so agree with you, I have 3 resume's... sadly enough you have to do it that way

Old 07-15-2010, 01:53 PM

193 posts, read 285,899 times
I'm praying that it passes.

I was lucky enough to get my pull forward from my 1st year carried over to my 2nd but it was no easy task. i even went over on my cell minutes (which never happens).. lol. I'm here in Southern California (twentynine palms to be exact) with my husband (US Marine) and he has a year and some change left on his contract.. we talked yesterday about me moving back to NC so I can get job, stay with parents and save til he gets out. I hate to do it since our kids are young (1 yr and 3) and they depend on daddy being there. It's kinda sad.... growing up in rural johnston county, i never had a problem getting a job. Ever. Here... totally different story. Kinda weird .. I remember reading how everyone "rushed" to california in the old days.. lol.

It's a shame. I'm really scared to see how the economy will turn out. We're in our late 20's and very frugile with our money. (have to be since hes military) We save and save.. but someone, please tell me it'll get better. My parents are in their 70's and they said they've seen this time and time again.. but it's like I tell them.. I don't see an end in sight.

I'm emailing everyone I can (senator wise) to get this bill pushed. I really hope it'll pass.. Prayers to you all

Old 07-15-2010, 02:23 PM

3 posts, read 4,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdljr View Post
It depends on whether you qualify for NEW extensions in your 2nd benefit year. You would need to contact someone at ESC (your local office) to find out if you meet the monetary requirements for NEW extensions. If you do, then you cannot get into NEW Tier 1 right now because Congress has not yet extended the EUC program. But you may be eligible for the EB part of your NEW extensions as long as you didn't have any disqualifications on your claim.

Now, if you don't qualify for NEW extensions in your 2nd benefit year, then you should be able to have your remaining Tier 1 EUC from your previous benefit year pulled forward. But that is programming that Raleigh runs once per week (and I think they ran it last night, supposedly) so you may have to wait for them to run the programming again next week. Hopefully it would work, but someone would have to evaluate your claim because the system will check your current benefit year to find a "monetarily ineligible" Tier 1 EUC and this is what would prompt the system to pull forward the previous EUC Tier 1 from the old benefit year.

Get in touch with either the Remote Service Center or the local office and speak with a supervisor to have your claim evaluated.
So if I have received my letter saying I am NOT eligible for EB then I should be able to pull forward my remaining Tier 1 weeks from my 1st benefit year correct?

Old 07-15-2010, 02:30 PM

131 posts, read 232,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC~Carolina View Post
Hey there Deerest great to see you popping back in here

First off,
I'm fairly certain it's illegal to come right out and ask your age like that!!!!
whew!
Asking about how your relationship is ect...? I'd have given that BIG man an earful, just to watch his reaction>
Please tell me this wasn't another Duncan Donut interview> lol!
Seems like all jobs everywhere have become so selective, you'd think we're trying to get on at the FBI!

No Dunkin job....but now that you mention it, DD might be a little less intrusive. And I did LIGHTHEARTEDLY note that I didn't think he could ask me that, at which point he said he had a good reason & that he actually found older workers to be more mature & settled......I'm sure though, that although I answered the questions, I was notably uncomfortable, & I'm sure my comment was a strike against me. It pains me to think that if he called to offer me the job, that I have serious concerns about being associated with someone with such blatant disregard for interview decency, and maybe even employment law. I'm no expert on it (employment law) myself, but the questions were certainly out of the normal realm of interview protocol....goodness knows I have more than my share of experience in that regard!

Old 07-15-2010, 04:35 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,436,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deerest View Post
Unbelievable...I would have almost thought I was on Candid Camera or something having to endure those questions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina