Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2010, 05:55 AM

36 posts, read 56,863 times

Advertisements

I filed an appeal for each of my 4 letters the same day I received them. I did it online at esc.public.appeals@ncmail.net. I did not know that filing an appeal could hurt me in any way, and I certainly hope it does not. Is filing an appeal the same as filing a waiver? I have no idea how to calculate what I have/had yet to come to me, so I have no idea where I stand now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2010, 06:02 AM

36 posts, read 56,863 times
My 4 OP letters say I owe $1586, however, I received my usual payment last week. The system let me file as usual yesterday (Sunday). That payment is yet to be seen.

Old 09-27-2010, 06:59 AM

407 posts, read 661,731 times
OK well i tried to call the # listed on the overpayment letters-- ALL of them had full voice mail boxes and i couldnt leave a message
my local office told me i have to come in person
so WTF?

Old 09-27-2010, 07:01 AM

193 posts, read 286,266 times
So.. I woke up bright and early.. 5am. I called the Remote line but it said that it was out of service so I called customer service. I got a real nice lady but I think she was confused. I told her my situation and she said I didn't have an OP (Duh) and that I'm in Tier 4 (didn't know that). She said I received 403 /week(1st yr amount) for my 1st yr. My 2nd year (agreed i did not qualify for) I received 224/week. She said when I ran out of my 2nd yr reg. UI benefits in May, when congress didn't act til July, that I was paid the 403 from my 1st yr (correct-pullforward) BUT when congress acted, I was getting 224/week again. NOT CORRECT.

MY problem is in MAY when my reg. UI ran out, I called and requested my funds be pull forward. This was a TASK people. I ended up not getting ANY support on the phone. I resorted to email. Yeah.. I got lucky. BUT when they did the pull forward, he had to created a dummy yr. So, I guess the rep I talked to this morning didn't see that I've been getting my 1st yr pull forward since May.

It gets better----

She asked if I wanted to talk to "Benefit control dept." and I said yes.. she transferred me. The lady who answered gave NO name and when I told her my situation. she interrupted me MID sentence and said "Is this an overpayment call? Cas if it is, let me transfer u." I said NO it's not.. U owe me. She said "Oh. hold on." And transferred me to Over payments.

This is crazy.

ANYHOW, Can anyone give me the number for benefit control? I tried to call the customer service line but it's busy.

THANKS!

Old 09-27-2010, 07:17 AM

well my local office told me to come in person
BUT i am calling raleigh now
been on hold about 40 mins so far.....

Old 09-27-2010, 07:23 AM

193 posts, read 286,266 times
yeah.. im out of state so it'll be hard for me to come into an office.

but i will.

they won't like it. but i will.

I've been on hold with Remote services for 20 mins now. I'm praying they can help me.

Old 09-27-2010, 07:30 AM

330 posts, read 461,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmchic00 View Post
yeah.. im out of state so it'll be hard for me to come into an office.

but i will.

they won't like it. but i will.

I've been on hold with Remote services for 20 mins now. I'm praying they can help me.
i dont have a number. sorry.
i live in Chapel Hill and i just usually go down there.

Old 09-27-2010, 07:33 AM

yup, they only processed a 50% payment. they withheld 50% to "pay back" the "overpayment" laid out in the letters.
THIS is why i said you cant assume anything.
we all just got the letters. 95% of the people out there dont even know WHY they got letters, and they are already withholding money. BEFORE THE WAIVER FILING DEADLINE.

as i predicted, they will tilt the process toward getting the money and hoping that most people will just be too tired, upset, clueless, or LATE to do anything about it.
and the ESC reps in the offices will get to clean up the ****.

Old 09-27-2010, 07:41 AM

its time to contact the media. i'm emailing WRAL right now.

Old 09-27-2010, 07:43 AM

Well my BENEFIT HISTORY has not updated yet
BEST CASE-- they withold just the $91 i owe ONCE they swap out weeks
BUT my guess is----- the SWAP OUT program is having problems (like all NC ESC programs seem to do) and will have to be MANUALLY ADJUSTED! which is most likely why my local office told me to come down at 200 today
BUT if i can sit on hold 2 hours and MAYBE get lucky and have them manually do it in raleigh over the phone, BEFORE i have to leave----i will!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina