Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2010, 10:20 AM

330 posts, read 462,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbb View Post
That is correct CA11! Seems like they are going to get their money now and if a waiver approved you get it back.
in the meantime, your power is turned off and youre eating at the shelter. seems fair for something entirely their fault.

i am up to about 20 news outlets now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2010, 10:20 AM

407 posts, read 662,395 times
Quote:
Update! Just got off phone and now I'm told that instead of the $6000 balance I had Friday which 2 different reps quoted I now have only $352 left. Plus received half deposit this morning and half of the balance next Monday. She did put in a waiver for my $792 OP total and said that it mite be approved but at this point WHO CARES! Good luck everyone and reality wins.

The House always wins! And can't really believe what they say since its evident they are going to try to cover this up.
what i am saying is that since they deducted almost ALL OF YOUR EB Weeks, then your OVERPAYMENT is now "Repaid" correct?

and u dont owe anything else... but of course, have less than 2 weeks left now...

Old 09-27-2010, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iredell_Lori View Post
I have never posted here but today, I searched for information and/or help with this OP thing/nightmare.
I received 2 letters Friday that I overpaid week of May 8th and Aug 28th totaling $488. I started collecting Feb 2009. I was to start Tier 2 this week they told me like 2 weeks ago. I was receiving state benefits prior to the extension in July.
I called the local ncesc office on Friday afternoon about these letters (which scared the crap outta me)
I was told that they are "working on it" and that they wouldn't have things worked out until the end of this week. She said that I would still receive my benefits this week (today) and nothing was finalized yet, that they could be pulling money from somewhere else to offset this OP. I asked "so I will continue to get paid until they work this out?" She said yes.
Well today they took 50% of my benefit. I called and finally got through after 30+ mins. and the lady said that they don't have any information to give me/us. They won't have anything to add until they work on this all week. She said the accounts are updating all day long. I told her that I was under the assumption that they wouldn't take any monies until they figured this out. She said I shouldn't have been told that. Every question I asked was replied to with "we don't know".
Seems someone/something made a big booboo and we are forced to pay for it.
It angers me mostly because I was given ONE day notice for this deduction to take place. I'm sure you all understand that we live day by day with this unemployment insurance to pay bills and barely stay afloat at that.
I do hope they fix this asap and I hope they can offset this somehow.
did u call the local office of Raleigh today? i cant get through at all.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:22 AM

Quote:
I have never posted here but today, I searched for information and/or help with this OP thing/nightmare.
I received 2 letters Friday that I overpaid week of May 8th and Aug 28th totaling $488. I started collecting Feb 2009. I was to start Tier 2 this week they told me like 2 weeks ago. I was receiving state benefits prior to the extension in July.
I called the local ncesc office on Friday afternoon about these letters (which scared the crap outta me)
I was told that they are "working on it" and that they wouldn't have things worked out until the end of this week. She said that I would still receive my benefits this week (today) and nothing was finalized yet, that they could be pulling money from somewhere else to offset this OP. I asked "so I will continue to get paid until they work this out?" She said yes.
Well today they took 50% of my benefit. I called and finally got through after 30+ mins. and the lady said that they don't have any information to give me/us. They won't have anything to add until they work on this all week. She said the accounts are updating all day long. I told her that I was under the assumption that they wouldn't take any monies until they figured this out. She said I shouldn't have been told that. Every question I asked was replied to with "we don't know".
It angers me mostly because I was given ONE day notice for this deduction to take place. I'm sure you all understand that we live day by day with this unemployment insurance to pay bills and barely stay afloat at that.
completely understand.
millions of people are on the absolute edge of the cliff even without this.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:24 AM

31 posts, read 42,841 times
That is correct except for about $792.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:26 AM

776 posts, read 1,688,178 times
Quote:
At least understand that there are potentially tens of thousands in your shoes...so you're not alone!

And to think, most have no clue about this thread, can't get through over the phone, and legitimately think they now owe the NCESC thousands of dollars. Kinda puts a damper in my job search when I've got to stress and worry about the circus at the UI office.

Hang in there, and continue reading this thread for further info. We seem to be sharing our experiences.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:26 AM

Quote:
That is correct except for about $792.
im sorry to ask more questions, when u r allready upset and angry (and rightfully so) but i want to be clear so we all can learn
u still OWE $792? or thats all you have left in EB?

and again, i am sorry that you are one who got the shaft on this!
its crazy! some people like you are stuck, some like me SHOULD come out a few weeks better once its fixed, and others i know got $1500+ EXTRA payments to make up for this!

Old 09-27-2010, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frrrunkis! View Post
At least understand that there are potentially tens of thousands in your shoes...so you're not alone!

And to think, most have no clue about this thread, can't get through over the phone, and legitimately think they now owe the NCESC thousands of dollars. Kinda puts a damper in my job search when I've got to stress and worry about the circus at the UI office.

Hang in there, and continue reading this thread for further info. We seem to be sharing our experiences.
EVEN THOUGH I AM STRESSED AND UPSET OVER THIS TOO!
try to realize
that this WILL GET FIXED! the NC ESC has stated that they plan to replace those overpayments/wrongly paid weeks with TIER or EB weeks and MOST PEOPLE will end up about the same.... some like me, will still owe about $91
some will get MORE $ IN AN EXTRA DEPOSIT
some will have more weeks of EB (that they didnt qualify before since they had a 2nd year with no year 2 extensions)

This is just another mess like when congress passes a new bill and NC is NEVER prepared and it takes time to fix!
i know when the last extension was passed, i got 2 weeks of phone calls to try to get it fixed! my RETRO pay was messed up, BUT i finally reached someone who knew how to fix it!

so for most of us, this WILL Be fixed this week or next and maybe some of us will get lucky and get thru to raleigh AND a competent rep today and have it fixed no!

Old 09-27-2010, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA11 View Post
EVEN THOUGH I AM STRESSED AND UPSET OVER THIS TOO!
try to realize
that this WILL GET FIXED! the NC ESC has stated that they plan to replace those overpayments/wrongly paid weeks with TIER or EB weeks and MOST PEOPLE will end up about the same.... some like me, will still owe about $91
some will get MORE $ IN AN EXTRA DEPOSIT
some will have more weeks of EB (that they didnt qualify before since they had a 2nd year with no year 2 extensions)

This is just another mess like when congress passes a new bill and NC is NEVER prepared and it takes time to fix!
i know when the last extension was passed, i got 2 weeks of phone calls to try to get it fixed! my RETRO pay was messed up, BUT i finally reached someone who knew how to fix it!

so for most of us, this WILL Be fixed this week or next and maybe some of us will get lucky and get thru to raleigh AND a competent rep today and have it fixed no!
1000s of people cant afford it to take a week.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlincoln View Post
1000s of people cant afford it to take a week.
DONT GET ME WRONG! I CANT EITHER! im just trying to not freak out! b/c i want to scream right now! its been 4 F***ing hours on hold!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina