Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2018, 07:56 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,441,554 times

Advertisements

From Charlotte Business Journal
It appears that Carvana is nearing completion on its so-called "car vending machine" at 3631 South Blvd. in Charlotte. The company, which recently acquired Mark Cuban-backed augmented reality company Car360, has so far been mum about specifics on the facility, which was first reported back in January 2017. The online car-buying company first debuted here in 2014 and has been opening its signature glass displays in markets across the nation, including one in Raleigh, in recent years.

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlott...es-in-n-c.html

Old 05-03-2018, 08:08 AM

2,047 posts, read 2,518,537 times
Finally,it's about time!!
The 22-story FNB Tower is breaking ground in downtown Raleigh. Here's where other projects stand. | News & Observer

Old 05-03-2018, 08:28 AM

1,141 posts, read 1,034,568 times
I hope the"fin" on top of the tower with the FNB logo stays lit up like in the rendering. That bright white would add some needed attractiveness to the skyline at night.

Old 05-03-2018, 08:51 AM

4,980 posts, read 5,398,598 times
^ Charlotte has so many colors in the skyline at night. All of the towers jumped on the bandwagon of funky colors. Sometimes BofA jumps in on the fun but its not regularly. Sky house 1 & 2, Odell tower and Vue are the other ones who randomly change colors at night from pink, green, blue, etc. Does the Skyhouse there go in different colors or does it stay a standard color?

Here's a pic of the 3 on this side of uptown that changes colors throughout the night I posted a page back:

Raleigh recent from clearsky, all angles:

Old 05-03-2018, 09:11 AM

Bank of America Tower growing on the left hand side

CharlotteSkyline- by Rudy Hayden, on Flickr

Old 05-03-2018, 09:55 AM

I am confident any new additions to the skyline will add some nice lighting. PNC spire lights up for different things like green and red around christmas time, and red when the hurricanes are playing at home. I think it would even flash when they score a goal. BB&T tower goes full green at christmas to look like a giant christmas tree. Skyhouse is lightblue on the top it doesnt ever color change. SECU is the nicest design and color at night imo. I think Wells Fargo is the biggest missed opportunity. One of the 3 largest standout towers in downtown and yet its virtually invisible at night. Just the tiny "Wells Fargo" in orange at the very top.

Bad picturw but you get the point. Wish Wells Fargo would do more.

Old 05-03-2018, 10:24 AM

Wells Fargo Championship starts today.
he PGA Tour’s Wells Fargo Championship tees off on Thursday and tournament officials expect about 40,000 golf fans to descend on Quail Hollow Club each day. Here’s a quick patron guide to the tournament.

I grabbed my Agenda media pass (I know, fancy) and scouted the course so that you can have an A+ fan experience.

The forecast calls for sunny, mid-80 degree weather and tickets start at $55/day (but you’ve probably got a hook up).

Don’t forget, Tiger is in town! Tiger joins other big names like Phil Mickelson, Rory McIlroy, Rickie Fowler, Jason Day and 2018 Masters champion Patrick Reed, who are all teeing it up Thursday morning. You can view tee times here.

https://www.charlotteagenda.com/1254...-championship/

Old 05-03-2018, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent Y View Post
I am confident any new additions to the skyline will add some nice lighting. PNC spire lights up for different things like green and red around christmas time, and red when the hurricanes are playing at home. I think it would even flash when they score a goal. BB&T tower goes full green at christmas to look like a giant christmas tree. Skyhouse is lightblue on the top it doesnt ever color change. SECU is the nicest design and color at night imo. I think Wells Fargo is the biggest missed opportunity. One of the 3 largest standout towers in downtown and yet its virtually invisible at night. Just the tiny "Wells Fargo" in orange at the very top.

Bad picturw but you get the point. Wish Wells Fargo would do more.
WF could easily add a light feature.

I think in Charlotte, 2 of them only on occasions (football touchdowns, New Years, pride, etc) are really Miami or Atlantic City like.

300 South Tryon can have big words go across the building which is cool. Only one in CLT that projects words
https://mobile.twitter.com/SrRogelio...664768/video/1

Duke tower going crazy when UNC scores a touchdown.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ntn8HZbP6Wk

Vue Charlotte is the only other one that rapidly changes colors. It does it almost every night. All the others just gradually change colors. It all started with Duke that other towers like SkyHouse made their light colors different colors throughout the night

Old 05-03-2018, 11:07 AM

People say a lot of things about Charlotte, but its skyline and the effort they put into making it look attractive is not something you can knock them for.

Ideally i would like if Wells Fargo did something (on a smaller scale) to the BOA tower in Dallas. Maybe just 4 led lines the length of the tower in that Wells Fargo gold.

Old 05-03-2018, 12:39 PM

Rezoning has been place for a Moxy 20 story hotel in uptown Charlotte next to the Charlotte Transit Center. It will be 226.67 feet high.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina