Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2016, 03:05 PM

51 posts, read 111,359 times

Advertisements

Don't let this be you!
Attached Thumbnails
Sanitation 5001 Exam Again-image.jpeg  

Old 05-31-2016, 03:08 PM

193 posts, read 417,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 shorts and a long View Post
Yes, you probably won't loose seniority as in the time you need to retire, but you are going to loose day to day seniority over guys, meaning if you go into the the September class all the guys from July and August will have you beat, it don't sound like much but trust me, when you are on baskets or mlp when you see you could have been on the truck or relays, you are going to kick yourself.
Thats what i meant. In this job seniority is everything. Retirement seniority is one thing, but its the day in day out lack of seniority thats going to have you wish you hadnt deterred

Old 05-31-2016, 03:55 PM

16 posts, read 17,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeydsnyqnsw View Post
Thats what i meant. In this job seniority is everything. Retirement seniority is one thing, but its the day in day out lack of seniority thats going to have you wish you hadnt deterred
Thank you guys for the word of wisdom and great advice. I understand that seniority rules. But spending quality times with my kids is priceless. Who know when I'm going to have the summer off to go places with them again. If this is the sacrifice i have to make to be with my family then so be it. They was there for me and had to endure the deployments and TDY..

Children don't always remember the time you were there with them, but they definitely remember when you weren't there for them.

Old 05-31-2016, 04:00 PM

3,749 posts, read 3,486,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HooahFollowMe View Post
Thank you guys for the word of wisdom and great advice. I understand that seniority rules. But spending quality times with my kids is priceless. Who know when I'm going to have the summer off to go places with them again. If this is the sacrifice i have to make to be with my family then so be it. They was there for me and had to endure the deployments and TDY..

Children don't always remember the time you were there with them, but they definitely remember when you weren't there for them.
Everybody has their reasons for the decisions they make. Good on you and enjoy your kids

By the way, any info on my question about your BP? Thanks

Old 05-31-2016, 04:08 PM

16 posts, read 17,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
Everybody has their reasons for the decisions they make. Good on you and enjoy your kids

By the way, any info on my question about your BP? Thanks
I dunno the specific number, but my reading was 115/80 And pulse was 82. And they told me i was good to go. I would assume anything less than or about 120/80 is good to go. According to the American heart association, anything higher than that is prehypertension. Hope this help

Old 05-31-2016, 04:10 PM

Quote:
I dunno the specific number, but my reading was 115/80 And pulse was 82. And they told me i was good to go. I would assume anything less than or about 120/80 is good to go. According to the American heart association, anything higher than that is prehypertension. Hope this help
Thanks for the info buddy

Old 05-31-2016, 07:13 PM

54 posts, read 71,939 times
Quote:

We all totally get what you're saying. You just don't quite understand what horror you may be causing yourself... If you end up at a garage that has say 10 new guys from the previous 2 classes... You're gonna be on baskets 12-8 or 4-12 and not seeing your kids whereas if you get on now... You may be days throughout the summer because you would have those same 10 beat... In addition, if September is the final class of the year and you end up at a garage on the other city side of the city in comparison to where you live... Guess what?.... You're stuck there until transfer open up again the following year (if/when they hire again)... Think about your decisions. Best of luck

Old 06-01-2016, 08:20 AM

31,957 posts, read 27,101,861 times
Just putting this up in case anyone knew the guy: ANTHONY GALLO Obituary - Staten Island, NY | Staten Island Advance

Old 06-01-2016, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugsypal View Post
just putting this up in case anyone knew the guy: anthony gallo obituary - staten island, ny | staten island advance

rip

Old 06-01-2016, 11:30 AM

Question - how has everyone been getting to pre-orientation? Should I even bother driving from lower Westchester? Or the subway the best bet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City