Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 10:42 AM

1,119 posts, read 2,653,026 times

Advertisements

I think the Port Authority should build a 100 to 1 detail scaled model of the Old World Trade Center. It would be a huge attraction.

Last edited by bill83; 09-27-2011 at 11:05 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2011, 11:58 AM

3,076 posts, read 5,497,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill83 View Post
I think the Port Authority should build a 100 to 1 detail scaled model of the Old World Trade Center. It would be a huge attraction.
Not a bad idea. I really miss the towers. I miss NYC in those days. That's when I used to really enjoy the city. I remember spending many a lunch hour in the mall concourse level, they had such great stores. I still have some receipts from J. Crew, Banana Republic, etc. that say "World Trade Center" on them. And I still have a bottle of perfume that I purchased at Sephora that I refuse to throw about just because I bought it there. And Borders was wonderful, with the cafe on the second floor.

I am ready to leave NYC, but I do miss those days.

Old 09-27-2011, 12:30 PM

4,437 posts, read 7,671,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman View Post
I was in Windows of the World, which on Fridays had the best after work party I've ever been in, with DJ Ruben Toro spinning classic disco tunes. Beautiful and elegant crowd! And while it's now taboo to say it, yes, the Trammps were there one Friday singing Disco Inferno! They turned the place out!
Correction to the first part.....I used to go to Windows of the World afterwork on Fridays! I never worked there. Sorry about that!

Old 09-27-2011, 01:31 PM

86 posts, read 306,752 times
Maybe a small light sculpture. Big enough for people to walk around, and see what it was like at the Memorial. Or a computer simulation that would simulate what it would be like to have been at the original World Trade Center, and the Twin Towers themselves.

Old 09-27-2011, 06:01 PM

3,727 posts, read 7,032,386 times
The Tribute Center has a model of the WTC.

Here the website of the model maker with pics:

World Trade Center - Models for Exhibition and Display

Old 09-28-2011, 11:41 PM

900 posts, read 2,372,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield was on 11 (or maybe it was 13) in One, and they had their own cafeteria. Anyone could use it, and their soup was good, so I went there a few times. Maybe that was it.
Doesn't ring a bell, I keep thinking it was a little known name insurance company. Do you know if Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield bought out a company and changed to their name?

Although the company would have had to been big enough to have their own cafeteria I'm still thinking back then I couldn't have been crazy enough to quit working for such a good company. I don't know, those days I might have been cocky enough to do this being that jobs were aplenty during those times.

Thanks Mightyqueen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City