Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2024, 05:18 PM

6 posts, read 1,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogopowerrangers View Post
They will pickup where they left off log#-wise. Their original lottery list from over 10+ years ago is likely depleted.

What I'm intrigued about is how they had 10x 40% AMI units and none from the other AMI levels, especially when they have such wide income ranges and rent levels. Maybe in the past they've filled these other levels with random outreach to rerental accounts on HC - seems that way based on another MiMA thread from 2020.

Regardless, as another poster mentioned other lottery people are actively moving out so I doubt it'll be years with lower logs (at least that's what I'm telling myself).

In total, they have around...
64x 40% AMI units
75x 50% AMI units
21x 60% AMI units

All are competitively priced if one qualifies.
Hi!! Don’t they match the price of your rent with your income? (As long as you’re within the right AMI range of course?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2024, 05:39 PM

27 posts, read 16,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City_girl_27 View Post
Hi!! Don’t they match the price of your rent with your income? (As long as you’re within the right AMI range of course?
i don’t believe they match anything with anything. they have predetermined rent prices for predetermined units at predetermined income ranges. they are all listed on the initial lottery page. this one has pretty low rents, big income ranges etc.

i assume them saying they have 10x 40% AMI units that all of them come from that first section, but maybe i’m wrong and they’re listing them all at the range due to new AMI numbers and higher rent prices. But i don’t think so.

Old 06-27-2024, 05:41 PM

196 posts, read 136,072 times
With rents so low, why do lottery people move out? Aren't the low rents set for life, regardless of income growth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogopowerrangers View Post

Regardless, as another poster mentioned other lottery people are actively moving out so I doubt it'll be years with lower logs (at least that's what I'm telling myself).

Old 06-27-2024, 07:51 PM

2,266 posts, read 1,881,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennbrazil View Post
With rents so low, why do lottery people move out? Aren't the low rents set for life, regardless of income growth?
No. No, rents are not set for life.
Why do lottery people move out? For the same reasons anyone might move. And there are reasons to move even if that person’s income declines or stay the same.

Old 06-28-2024, 10:08 AM

10 posts, read 5,599 times
Update on process i viewed 2 units which were Studios as we know mid level floors no alcove in the studios i was shown. Building is nice great amenities i was told for the M club it was 250 dollars extra a month n any guest you bring must say on your side at all times, parking is around 600 a month if u need that as a extra option.
I ended up taking a apt and now i sign my lease soon my log was 15x

Curious is there any studios shown with a Alcove?

Old 06-28-2024, 01:19 PM

10 posts, read 6,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City_girl_27 View Post
So this is what I was told aside from what I wrote before!! And first of all, there were 10 units they were filling so they have filled 5 as of a few days ago. My agent also then went on to tell me that if they don’t get to my log # for these apartments, and if I am indeed found eligible (that’s still processing I guess), I will be placed on a waiting list for future vacancies for MiMA. Now what I don’t know, and what I will follow up and ask when the time is right is how that works exactly. Will they pick up where they left off log # wise for the waiting list? Will I get a brand new random number? (Hope not!!!). I think on one hand it’s positive because at least we are IN the system and will proceed to be put on a list after this. The disheartening part for me is not knowing how long I/we could be on a waiting list. Trying not to read too much, but I’ve read it could be years and years and years. At the end of the day, this process is crazy and there are literally no answers, certainty, or timeline no matter how you slice it. I’ll keep updating as I ask more questions and learn more!! By the way, what log # are you??
There is definitely hope in being on the waitlist after the units fill because I believe this is a mixed income building so there may be more vacancies opening up as well occupants leaving and that process alone takes months up to a year because inspections and clean out ! My log number is 2XX

Old 06-28-2024, 06:00 PM

6 posts, read 1,261 times
Yes definitely!! Let us know if you hear anything more as you go along!

Old 06-28-2024, 06:51 PM

9 posts, read 2,593 times
yes, i had to pay the first month's rent, deposit, and background fee. the rent and deposit cost the same and the background should be around 25 dollars or so

Old 06-28-2024, 06:54 PM

dont be fooled, the person who lived in my current apartment moved within the building so not everyone's moving out, maybe they just upgrade over time.

Old 06-28-2024, 06:56 PM

im currently in a studio and sorry but can you clarify what you mean by aclove, ill confirm if mine has one or not, Also congratulations, its nice to be neighbors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery