Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2024, 08:32 AM

9 posts, read 2,351 times

Advertisements

I forgot to add that after the confirmation that I was accepted, we set up a date for me to sign the lease, which I had to wait for the next week because it was already the weekend by that point., I signed it in between my work break because I thought it would be short and fast but it took about an hour because there was a lot of signing. I would say the whole process took me about 2 weeks. or 2 weeks and a half and then I moved in a week and a half after my lease signing. The pros is a good community, everyone is kept to themselves in a way, lots of pets if you enjoy pets but that could be a con if you don't like pets. There's a pet center in the building that could take care of your pet while you're at work or even train them which is free I think. Another Pro is that the front desk is 24/7 so there'll always be someone downstairs if you need help with something. Another pro is how fast help comes, Let's say a light gets burnt out/dies, the most I've had to wait like 2 hours at most for a professional to come and fix it. Also, some pros are the amenities, the living area, and all the restaurants that are a walk away. Some cons may be how busy the area is. i don't see a scenario where it would be optimal to own a car in this area. there's always traffic around this area unless you work in Jersey/etc. Another Con is how busy the streets are on the sidewalk. The building is only 2 blocks away from Times Square so getting to work especially if you're in a rush will be a hassle to get to the train station. Pros for car owners are that this building does have a garage I'm pretty sure but you do have to pay a fee, I'm not exactly sure because now my job is so close that I walk there every day. Another Pro is how walkable everything is. I don't take the train unless I'm going somewhere far but in my case mostly just different boroughs. Pros the views. pro/con the main lobby smells like a hotel, which I think is great but the smell can vary from person to person. Pros, the main lobby is a hang-out spot with seats and you can read and do work there if you want to. Pros, if there's someone/ a service that's there for you like in my case I had an electrician come in to change something about my internet and the front desk will call your personal phone to let you know if you're expecting a guest and if to let them proceed to your door/ etc. Pros, there are restaurants across the street and at every other block if you're into dining out. Pros, when sending an email about a certain topic or question they don't take long to respond if you send it during the day. Pros, the rent
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2024, 03:24 PM

9 posts, read 3,880 times
Thank you for the update. My file was just sent to Hpd waiting on a reply. When you moved in did you have to pay first month, security and background fee?

Old 06-26-2024, 05:46 AM

6 posts, read 1,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niab88 View Post
Thank you for the update. My file was just sent to Hpd waiting on a reply. When you moved in did you have to pay first month, security and background fee?
Hi! Congrats! What’s your log #??

Old 06-26-2024, 11:07 AM

10 posts, read 6,837 times
Wondering which log # they are up to now ? Calling 2 weeks ago and they weren’t up to 2XX . Called today and they still aren’t . Anyone in the same boat of sending in docs , follow up docs , signed packaged now sitting in limbo for over a month? Starting to loose my hope with this one as it was too good to be true .

Old 06-26-2024, 12:16 PM

9 posts, read 3,880 times
Thank you log# 1XX

Old 06-27-2024, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonqueen33 View Post
Wondering which log # they are up to now ? Calling 2 weeks ago and they weren’t up to 2XX . Called today and they still aren’t . Anyone in the same boat of sending in docs , follow up docs , signed packaged now sitting in limbo for over a month? Starting to loose my hope with this one as it was too good to be true .
Same boat. No idea what number they’re up to but I called my agent who Informed me that they have already filled half of the amount of units they started with and it’s unlikely they’ll reach my log number in time I’m 3XX

Old 06-27-2024, 01:08 PM

10 posts, read 6,837 times
But this is a waitlist lottery that is what confuses me is it possible there will be other units after the 7 are filled or will they just say no units remaining ?

Old 06-27-2024, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonqueen33 View Post
But this is a waitlist lottery that is what confuses me is it possible there will be other units after the 7 are filled or will they just say no units remaining ?
So this is what I was told aside from what I wrote before!! And first of all, there were 10 units they were filling so they have filled 5 as of a few days ago. My agent also then went on to tell me that if they don’t get to my log # for these apartments, and if I am indeed found eligible (that’s still processing I guess), I will be placed on a waiting list for future vacancies for MiMA. Now what I don’t know, and what I will follow up and ask when the time is right is how that works exactly. Will they pick up where they left off log # wise for the waiting list? Will I get a brand new random number? (Hope not!!!). I think on one hand it’s positive because at least we are IN the system and will proceed to be put on a list after this. The disheartening part for me is not knowing how long I/we could be on a waiting list. Trying not to read too much, but I’ve read it could be years and years and years. At the end of the day, this process is crazy and there are literally no answers, certainty, or timeline no matter how you slice it. I’ll keep updating as I ask more questions and learn more!! By the way, what log # are you??

Old 06-27-2024, 04:19 PM

27 posts, read 16,208 times
They will pickup where they left off log#-wise. Their original lottery list from over 10+ years ago is likely depleted.

What I'm intrigued about is how they had 10x 40% AMI units and none from the other AMI levels, especially when they have such wide income ranges and rent levels. Maybe in the past they've filled these other levels with random outreach to rerental accounts on HC - seems that way based on another MiMA thread from 2020.

Regardless, as another poster mentioned other lottery people are actively moving out so I doubt it'll be years with lower logs (at least that's what I'm telling myself).

In total, they have around...
64x 40% AMI units
75x 50% AMI units
21x 60% AMI units

All are competitively priced if one qualifies.

Old 06-27-2024, 04:22 PM

27 posts, read 16,208 times
I hope Gotham West does a rerental lottery soon, it's been around for about the same amount of time as MiMA. But Gotham is cagey and will likely stick to random outreach to rerentals on HC unless a ton of people leave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery