Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2024, 11:51 AM

3 posts, read 1,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogopowerrangers View Post
wow i’m surprised you haven't and that i’ve been turning in docs at 4xx…
Did you get invited to view any of the available units? if yes, what did you think of them and about the building in general? How about the area in which the building is located? Parking provided?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2024, 11:56 AM

27 posts, read 12,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esant002 View Post
Did you get invited to view any of the available units? if yes, what did you think of them and about the building in general? How about the area in which the building is located? Parking provided?
No I have not viewed yet. I'm unlikely to view anytime soon per my log #.

I currently live a few blocks up on 45th and enjoy this neighborhood. I'm actually not super excited about potentially living on 42nd street, but for this building I think it'd be worth it.

I don't think parking is ever provided in NYC, but I believe they have a parking garage you can pay for around back.

Old 06-06-2024, 06:57 PM

3 posts, read 1,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogopowerrangers View Post
No, they said my log was pretty high so weren't sure if they'd even have any left by the time my log comes up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by upperwestsidegirl View Post
This is so crazy with no rhyme or reason it seems. Im 338 and haven't heard a peep since submitting docs. And I am reading that someone with log number 4XX is further along than someone with 1XX. Anyone have any ideas to why this might be besides there being a CB reference or something like that? Do you think I should follow up with an email and just see where they're at?
Sorry! Had a typo, i'm 348 in case it matters, but still - the same point! Oopsies

Old 06-10-2024, 07:38 AM

10 posts, read 6,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niab88 View Post
Yes, I haven’t viewed yet. I turned in docs and more docs. The last I heard from them is that they are about to reach my log number as they go in order. They just asked my availability for touring nothing set up yet.
I’m wondering when will they reach me . I called for updated last week and they a
Weren’t up to my log 2XX. I haven’t been told anything about touring the unit nor a lease

Old 06-15-2024, 09:26 AM

9 posts, read 4,559 times
Hi so i did everything submitted all docs and now the agent assigned to my log # she still hasnt updated me with a viewing appointment for the apt and it been about 3 weeks now. Did anybody atleast get a viewing or signed a lease with Mima yet?

Old 06-15-2024, 12:52 PM

27 posts, read 12,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingD33 View Post
Hi so i did everything submitted all docs and now the agent assigned to my log # she still hasnt updated me with a viewing appointment for the apt and it been about 3 weeks now. Did anybody atleast get a viewing or signed a lease with Mima yet?
same boat here. what’s your log#?

Old 06-17-2024, 07:37 AM

9 posts, read 4,559 times
My log number #15X

Old 06-22-2024, 07:16 PM

6 posts, read 721 times
Where is everyone now in the MiMA process? I’ve submitted docs, had phone interview, submitted more docs plus the whole package thing, and now waiting for next step.

Old 06-24-2024, 07:52 AM

7 posts, read 659 times
Smile my expirience

Hello, I hope this helps. so I was contacted for the MiMa in early May, They asked for documents as usual. I got really lucky, my log # was 1#. for me the process was really fast. they were basically waiting for me the whole time. once I submitted my docs, not more than 10 minutes later they called me to confirm a phone interview. The phone interview was to confirm all the details I submitted. After that, I got sent a second round of docs the same day. I submitted it over the weekend but had to wait since I guess the offices are closed during the weekends. Come in the following Monday and they sent me an email confirming that they received it and will review it. not more than a day later they wanted me to schedule a day to view apartments(the process was not done though). I was really busy with work that week and I had to schedule it for the following week. it was a real bummer because I know the longer you wait your chances might lessen or however it goes. Flash forward to the next week and I was able to view the apartment. I was only able to view 2 apartments that fit my needs. I'm not sure if there was more but they were both studios. before you get discouraged, there are people in the process of moving out and those units will be available, however, I don't know the time frame of when that will happen(that's the gist I got from the tour guide). I accepted the second apartment they showed me and it's really high, like 35+ floors high. the view is amazing, the staff are amazing, and the space is amazing. it still doesn't feel real to me. after I viewed the apartments on my way home they called me to do either a credit check or provide proof of rent payments. I went with the credit check. it was really simple they just wanted me to download credit karma and send them a downloaded copy of my credit history/ report. after that not more than a couple hours later they confirmed that I got the apartment. they wanted me to confirm a move-in date, and maybe I read it wrong but they want you to move in within 15 days after you confirm a move-in date. it was convenient and I moved in June 1st. the move-in process was quick and easy because the staff are really helpful. I moved in a Uhaul truck and the staff did the best they could to assist me.

This wasn't the first lottery I've been selected for. I was selected to Bronx Point Phase One, but I was rejected from that lottery due to some circumstances. I hope you guys get this apartment because it's great. obviously, there are going to be homeless and crackheads a couple of blocks away but that's because we're a couple of blocks away from times square. but there's no activity of that around the building, or I haven't experienced any yet but I'm originally from the Bronx so it is not anything new lol. if there's anything else you'd like to know feel free to reply or message me. I hope you guys get selected so we can be neighbors, and let me know if you do, I'd like to know some of my neighbors although I know a couple.

Old 06-24-2024, 08:03 AM

7 posts, read 659 times
Default more

the units all come with dishwashers, and washer, and a drier in the unit. for the amenities it's a package, there's a gym, basketball court, pool tables, swimming pool, outdoors, outdoor rooftops with movies usually played on weekends, etc, there's also a barbeque area with a grill installed on a first come service. there's a golf room, a computer room, a coffee area, etc. the typical luxury apartment amenities, the package is 200 a month and it is OPTIONAL. it does not come with the rent if you want to sign up, it is separate payments, and if you're in a household with 1+ other person that means you should consider giving the person who in the building more often access because they only take 1 person fingerprint (unless you both get it) which would be 200 per person But you don't need to do that because as long as one person has access, everyone you want to let in can come in, you just need to let them in with your fingerprint access. if you end up moving near and want to buy groceries I recommend Target because compared to my old neighborhood every other supermarket here prices are like 2x or 3x what they would be but Target isn't as costly. they do everything through the bilt app so if you pay rent, con ed, the package, it would be through there and the good thing about it is you get points when you pay things so you can use it for travel etc and even to pay rent lol. when something in your unit is working you go to the main desk and they send a professional up to fix whatever it is at no extra cost. but I just made an account today so if any of you get selected DM me if that's possible so we can connect if possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery