Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2023, 06:53 PM

64 posts, read 81,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by asvpkim View Post
Which email reached out to you? I'm surprised I didn't get anything from them
And yeah I have seen the entryway from the outside and now that you mention it I agree lol
it was the @prontohousing.io email
but they only sent it to the head of the household's email and no one else, no other form of contact either
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2023, 07:06 PM

30 posts, read 32,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by choco89 View Post
it was the @prontohousing.io email
but they only sent it to the head of the household's email and no one else, no other form of contact either
Thanks for the info! Bummed that I missed out on that, how was the rest of the building? Did they let you see any amenities?

Old 04-07-2023, 08:38 PM

168 posts, read 195,406 times
I def didn't know about any open house. I would have gone!! So surprised i didn't hear about it as much as i call lol.

Old 04-08-2023, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMS6777 View Post
I def didn't know about any open house. I would have gone!! So surprised i didn't hear about it as much as i call lol.
Right lol!! I feel left out

Old 04-08-2023, 02:12 PM

168 posts, read 195,406 times
asvpkim - Extremely left out lol. I went checking through my emails making sure i didn't miss anything. At least they said the 1 bedrooms look worth it

Old 04-09-2023, 11:14 AM

64 posts, read 81,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asvpkim View Post
Thanks for the info! Bummed that I missed out on that, how was the rest of the building? Did they let you see any amenities?
they showed us the laundry room, it wasnt too big and smaller than i expected considering all the floors and units in the building

a small gym area, very tiny i dont think many people will fit in there at once

a bike storage area, seems to be useful they didnt mention an extra fee to use that

an event center? it had a bunch of boxes inside and a kitchen area but the lady explained they have community events there and the community house is right nearby the building so i guess they do things in conjunction at the building?

it seemed like a lot of nonresidents would be entering the building on days they have events and stuff so idk

Old 04-10-2023, 08:55 AM

31 posts, read 34,542 times
Yes the whole building is based on income and that a good thing. They take vouchers as well. The living room is small for a 2 bedroom but anything is worth it if you ask me

Quote:
they showed us the laundry room, it wasnt too big and smaller than i expected considering all the floors and units in the building

a bike storage area, seems to be useful they didnt mention an extra fee to use that

an event center? it had a bunch of boxes inside and a kitchen area but the lady explained they have community events there and the community house is right nearby the building so i guess they do things in conjunction at the building?

it seemed like a lot of nonresidents would be entering the building on days they have events and stuff so idk

Old 04-10-2023, 09:13 AM

Quote:

Thanks for this - very helpful! Definitely valid concerns, I'm wondering if anyone on this forum who has already moved in has any experience or insight on any of this.

Old 04-10-2023, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMS6777 View Post
asvpkim - Extremely left out lol. I went checking through my emails making sure i didn't miss anything. At least they said the 1 bedrooms look worth it
Sent you a DM regarding some info on the open house

Old 04-10-2023, 10:18 AM

31 posts, read 34,542 times
The process takes a while because they are going by log number . So even if you submitted your documents and you have a high number it’s going to take a while
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery