Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2021, 08:07 AM

1,604 posts, read 1,835,300 times

Advertisements

Here's a new lottery in Forest Hills Queens: https://housingconnect.nyc.gov/PublicWeb/details/2384

It offers 200+ units with decent amenities for multiple AMIs. The rent is also considered affordable i.e. the highest AMI accepted is 140% & for 1BR, it's' $2142. From the pictures, it seems to be brand new buildings & I'm envious with its walk-in closet!!!

The location is good, it's easy to reach by buses, it looks like it has its own bus stops, Q33 & Q88.

If the building management is neat & can maintain their buildings & amenities very well, this will be a very nice place to live, not fancy but it will make it a great community!

Lottery ends on 11/16 - Good luck to those who apply!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2021, 08:15 AM

125 posts, read 131,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by someoneinqueens View Post
Here's a new lottery in Forest Hills Queens: https://housingconnect.nyc.gov/PublicWeb/details/2384

It offers 200+ units with decent amenities for multiple AMIs. The rent is also considered affordable i.e. the highest AMI accepted is 140% & for 1BR, it's' $2142. From the pictures, it seems to be brand new buildings & I'm envious with its walk-in closet!!!

The location is good, it's easy to reach by buses, it looks like it has its own bus stops, Q33 & Q88.

If the building management is neat & can maintain their buildings & amenities very well, this will be a very nice place to live, not fancy but it will make it a great community!

Thank you just applied Good Luck to all !

Old 09-17-2021, 08:32 AM

18 posts, read 57,826 times
Thanks! Appreciate you folks that post the new listings.

Old 09-17-2021, 11:54 AM

726 posts, read 807,394 times
Quote:

The closet is what sold me on applying. Because I know the location I know the noise level due to it being so close to the highway, however I do not know the area I don’t go there for any reason but it’s looks extremely nice externally. My issue with only the pics is we don’t have a full view of anything

Old 09-17-2021, 01:27 PM

Forest Hills is very homey neighborhood, it's very family oriented area to those who wanna live in a quiet place but still within the City. I've never lived there but whenever I visited the area to hangout with my friends who live in there, that's what I always felt about Forest Hills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexyStarr View Post
The closet is what sold me on applying. Because I know the location I know the noise level due to it being so close to the highway, however I do not know the area I don’t go there for any reason but it’s looks extremely nice externally. My issue with only the pics is we don’t have a full view of anything

Old 09-17-2021, 01:51 PM

1,408 posts, read 2,031,473 times
Interesting thing is that this seems to be an infill project interspersed around the the Forest Hills Co-Op Houses, which was NYCHA (but in a unique arrangement) until tenants voted to leave NYCHA to become the Forest Hills Mutual Housing Association a few years ago - it's now managed by Phipps.

Old 09-17-2021, 03:33 PM

726 posts, read 807,394 times
Quote:
Forest Hills is very homey neighborhood, it's very family oriented area to those who wanna live in a quiet place but still within the City. I've never lived there but whenever I visited the area to hangout with my friends who live in there, that's what I always felt about Forest Hills.
Then it’s my type of neighborhood

Old 09-17-2021, 09:00 PM

248 posts, read 401,966 times
I love Forest Hills. It's far from work for me, but there's an express bus to Midtown within a block or so of there. Ideally I'd like to stay along the 7 line, and Phipps doesn't have a great reputation for taking care of their MULTITUDES of affordable buildings, but overall it's a good lottery for me.

Old 09-18-2021, 07:16 AM

https://newyorkyimby.com/2021/09/aff...ls-queens.html

Old 11-21-2021, 12:01 AM

8 posts, read 23,587 times
The lottery is closed, I hope I get this!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery