Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2023, 07:02 PM

28 posts, read 34,083 times

Advertisements

Hello all! I received an email today stating I have been approved!!! 50% AMI and a 2 bedroom!!! I just have to schedule a viewing and do the background check!! I can’t believe it after all this time waiting!! A space for my baby girl and I. I can’t wait to see it!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2023, 09:19 PM

394 posts, read 575,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariah622 View Post
Hello all! I received an email today stating I have been approved!!! 50% AMI and a 2 bedroom!!! I just have to schedule a viewing and do the background check!! I can’t believe it after all this time waiting!! A space for my baby girl and I. I can’t wait to see it!!!
Congrats to you!!!

Old 02-06-2023, 09:23 PM

14 posts, read 14,070 times
Hi, my log number is 5x, I am not community board. I have been requested to submit documents. I wanted to know if anybody knew how much parking is in the garage and if street parking is accessible in this area. I think I may be offered a studio. If anyone has information on the studios it would be extremely helpful. Thanks!

Old 02-07-2023, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenine View Post
Hi, my log number is 5x, I am not community board. I have been requested to submit documents. I wanted to know if anybody knew how much parking is in the garage and if street parking is accessible in this area. I think I may be offered a studio. If anyone has information on the studios it would be extremely helpful. Thanks!
Does this mean they have moved onto general population? I’ve driven by the area and parking can be kinda tough being that it’s closeby a major highway. During rush hour that corner intersection can get chaotic being that it’s close to a school as well.
My best guess for parking price for a covered garage is 200-350 a month that’s my guess.
Good luck and keep us posted. If I may ask, What AMI are you within ?

Old 02-07-2023, 10:49 AM

14 posts, read 14,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RentingNYC View Post
Does this mean they have moved onto general population? I’ve driven by the area and parking can be kinda tough being that it’s closeby a major highway. During rush hour that corner intersection can get chaotic being that it’s close to a school as well.
My best guess for parking price for a covered garage is 200-350 a month that’s my guess.
Good luck and keep us posted. If I may ask, What AMI are you within ?
I believe they are moving on to general population now. I am 70% AMI. Thanks for your quick response and well wishes! I will keep everyone posted on the process.

Old 02-09-2023, 10:40 AM

16 posts, read 24,907 times
sorry im new to this, is this different from Apex Place Phase 2?

Old 02-09-2023, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillywilly View Post
sorry im new to this, is this different from Apex Place Phase 2?
Yes this is the first phase. The second isn’t closed yet I believe.

Old 02-10-2023, 08:52 AM

Hey everyone. I saw the apartment today. The super showed it to me. He was extremely nice! The community room and Children's playroom are still not ready yet. The fitness room has equipment (Can't wait to get in there already hahaha). It's small but he said they are looking to letting us use the other one in the other building. He said its like 4 times bigger which would be huge in my eyes. The laundry room has been ready for action and was actually being used during my viewing. The bike storage is also nice as well. I will for sure be making use of all the amenities. My apartment was the same as the floor plan and was actually bigger than I thought it'd be. The closets are spacious. It would have been nice if the non-3 bedrooms has the walks in but this will do! The kitchen is so pretty to me LOL.

I now just have to set up a move in date, lease signing date, and do the background check (which I will pass with flying colors). I am so happy.

Also, he said the building is only getting to about half full. Considering this fact and that people with gen pop have started to get contacted, there probably isn't much people left who have CB or city worker preference who are going to getting offers.

Old 02-10-2023, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariah622 View Post
Hey everyone. I saw the apartment today. The super showed it to me. He was extremely nice! The community room and Children's playroom are still not ready yet. The fitness room has equipment (Can't wait to get in there already hahaha). It's small but he said they are looking to letting us use the other one in the other building. He said its like 4 times bigger which would be huge in my eyes. The laundry room has been ready for action and was actually being used during my viewing. The bike storage is also nice as well. I will for sure be making use of all the amenities. My apartment was the same as the floor plan and was actually bigger than I thought it'd be. The closets are spacious. It would have been nice if the non-3 bedrooms has the walks in but this will do! The kitchen is so pretty to me LOL.

I now just have to set up a move in date, lease signing date, and do the background check (which I will pass with flying colors). I am so happy.

Also, he said the building is only getting to about half full. Considering this fact and that people with gen pop have started to get contacted, there probably isn't much people left who have CB or city worker preference who are going to getting offers.
Wow congrats. Nice to hear someone getting a unit that looks like the images posted to the site lol.
Enjoy your new space. Hopefully they get to my log for this one.

Old 02-11-2023, 09:29 AM

32 posts, read 32,065 times
Pardon me, but what does ""general population" mean in the lottery housing world? How does one become part of that category?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery