Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2013, 08:25 PM

2,846 posts, read 4,519,900 times

Advertisements

Here are the banks we have in Nye County. Hoping I didn't miss anyone....

Pahrump
Bank of America
Wells Fargo
Nevada State Bank
One Nevada Credit Union
US Bank
Meadows Bank
American 1st National

Beatty
Bank of America

Amargosa
American 1st National

Tonopah
Nevada State Bank
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2013, 08:45 PM

it's time to check out some of the homes here in pahrump. there are some people that think everyone out here lives in a junky run down single wide trailer. it simply isn't true. do we have those here? yes. is it the ONLY thing we have here? nope. back in the day, the only kind of house you could get out here was a mobile home. we still have remnants of those original homes around the valley, thankfully their population is shrinking.

for those of you that LOVE hoa fees, we have 3 subdivisions in town (there may be more) that have hoa's. these places use "utilities inc" for their water/sewer & from what i've heard, is not a pleasant company to do business with.

mountain falls (hoa fee = ~$80/mo)
has the smallest lot size, but more ammenities than the other 2. they have a VERY nice golf course & grill room; a pool; hot tub & community center.

pleasant valley (hoa fee = ~$30/mo)
has a park, with lot sizes about the same as mtn falls.

artesia (hoa fee = ???)
lot size is bigger than mtn falls & pleasant valley. they have a community center.

for the rest of us, we may or may not live in subdivisions, but we do NOT have hoa fees. no sidewalks. no one telling us what color we can/can't paint our homes. or if we can/can't have a vehicle parked in our driveway over night. and we have our own well - no one to pay water/sewer bills to. no one telling us when we can/can't water our plants. average lot size is 1 - 2 acres.

and yes, we do have some nice modulars out here. at one point, before the economy went belly up, we had 3 or 4 modular sales offices here in town. at this point? we're lucky if we have 1.
Attached Thumbnails
Nye County-average.jpg   Nye County-above-average.jpg   Nye County-artesia.jpg   Nye County-artesia-2.jpg   Nye County-artesia-3.jpg  

Nye County-mtn-falls.jpg   Nye County-mtn-falls-2.jpg   Nye County-modular.jpg   Nye County-not-typical.jpg  

Old 02-05-2013, 12:17 PM

1,045 posts, read 1,938,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cre8lite View Post
it's time to check out some of the homes here in pahrump. there are some people that think everyone out here lives in a junky run down single wide trailer. it simply isn't true. do we have those here? yes. is it the ONLY thing we have here? nope. back in the day, the only kind of house you could get out here was a mobile home. we still have remnants of those original homes around the valley, thankfully their population is shrinking.

for those of you that LOVE hoa fees, we have 3 subdivisions in town (there may be more) that have hoa's. these places use "utilities inc" for their water/sewer & from what i've heard, is not a pleasant company to do business with.

mountain falls (hoa fee = ~$80/mo)
has the smallest lot size, but more ammenities than the other 2. they have a VERY nice golf course & grill room; a pool; hot tub & community center.

pleasant valley (hoa fee = ~$30/mo)
has a park, with lot sizes about the same as mtn falls.

artesia (hoa fee = ???)
lot size is bigger than mtn falls & pleasant valley. they have a community center.

for the rest of us, we may or may not live in subdivisions, but we do NOT have hoa fees. no sidewalks. no one telling us what color we can/can't paint our homes. or if we can/can't have a vehicle parked in our driveway over night. and we have our own well - no one to pay water/sewer bills to. no one telling us when we can/can't water our plants. average lot size is 1 - 2 acres.

and yes, we do have some nice modulars out here. at one point, before the economy went belly up, we had 3 or 4 modular sales offices here in town. at this point? we're lucky if we have 1.
Is there still one modular home sales there? Do you know the name of it because I can't find any? Thanks

Old 02-05-2013, 12:54 PM

there is 1, but i'm not sure of the name....it's next to el jeffe's - let me stop by there on my lunch & get the name of it.

Old 02-05-2013, 04:35 PM

Dream Homes www.pahrumpdreamhomes.com

Old 02-05-2013, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre8lite View Post
Thank you so very much!! One more question..do they have a lot with homes displayed on it?

Last edited by 370z; 02-05-2013 at 06:05 PM..

Old 02-05-2013, 06:46 PM

they do, i wouldn't consider it BIG, but there are a handful of samples to wander thru.

Old 02-14-2013, 06:03 AM

4 posts, read 9,537 times
Right now you can get regular construction homes for the price of modulars. They are selling fast. We go to yard sales and talk to folks that are moving, and we have been told that their homes sold to the first looker or within a month! We ask folks as we are going to sell our Dome home and shopping for a Realtor. years ago we could have gotten $250.000 for our home, now we will be lucky if we get half that! We are moving to be near family in another state, so we are probably going to take the first decent offer!

Old 02-14-2013, 10:26 AM

4,625 posts, read 12,292,316 times
Interesting thread, we just spent the night at the Longstreet Inn (on 373 in Amargosa Valley) on our way down to Arizona, and on our way back. My mom wanted me to go through Pahrump, but we went through Death Valley, and this was close by. Got gas at the Alien center twice, and now I know why it shows up as Joe's when I look at the charge online. Now I know where Nye county is. I went from Scotty's Castle to my home just North of Reno in 5 1/2 hours. I also wathed a guy get a ticket in Tonopah. Go slow through there.

Old 02-14-2013, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katbly View Post
Right now you can get regular construction homes for the price of modulars. They are selling fast. We go to yard sales and talk to folks that are moving, and we have been told that their homes sold to the first looker or within a month! We ask folks as we are going to sell our Dome home and shopping for a Realtor. years ago we could have gotten $250.000 for our home, now we will be lucky if we get half that! We are moving to be near family in another state, so we are probably going to take the first decent offer!
I've been looking online and lately I noticed they go fast if they are priced right. We found a couple nice ones that were gone in 13 days. I have someone that wants to buy my home in CA, but I'm not really seeing anything out there that I would want to buy!! So I'm on hold!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada